Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered one today despite the bad reviews.. didn't even realize there was a second batch shipping this month but I don't expect the issues that were reported to be addressed. I'm just banking on I'll receive a good statue even though my last few orders with SS all had issues. At least this is a high numbered piece so there should be plenty of replacements available if needed. While I agree with some of the negative reviews.. wish this was a mix media piece and the parts would attach by magnet, I ordered anyway cause it's still a great looking statue. So hopefully I receive one with no issues. I'll post pics and feedback when in hand.

It's been so long what has Steve been up to? We need more superb sculpts by him like this one. Amazing work! The best I've seen so far along with the dead on likeness and poses for all his work. Hope he does more work soon.

Statue arrive.. number 3111/6000

Some good and some bad.. first the good:
Every negative review Ive watched or read about this piece doesnt seem to affect the one I received (for the most part). Some negatives I read were, lines on the boots not painted straight (paint bleed), underwear lines not painted along the sculpt line, the hand that holds the staff had missing paint around where the hand meets the staff, bad paint lines across the mid back in red.

My statue has no paint issues other then some paint run on the WW belt/waist (in gold) ..barely visible though. My camera pics are zoomed in making it look worse. Also where the hand meets the staff, theres somwhat of missing paint but again its zoomed in and barely noticeable in person. Every other paint detail looks great, no rub, no specs.

Some other negatives were the use of pegs instead of magnets. Her hair piece went in smoothly, no issue there.. I can move it or take it off without it sticking. The hand that hold the staff, agin no issue.. went in smoothly and I can easily take it on and off. The shield arm on the other hand is pretty hard to get on and off, put a little WD40 on the peg and it somewhat helped.. I can get the arm on and off but it takes some wiggling. Ive seen some reviews where the helmet was easily knocked off the base.. Im not sure if this issue was fixed or if the reviewers werent putting it in correctly but the helmet secures nicely into the base.. no issue with the one I received. I also had a little trouble getting her foot peg into the base, it was a tight fit.. again I used some WD40 on that part whiched somewhat helped.. I guess its better tight then loose so that she doesnt tip over but thats probably the most difficult part to unassemble if I ever had to repackage her or take her off the base. The foot and helmet all sit flush as well.. so no issue there.

My only main issue with this statue is mine arrived with a chip in her ear lobe.. its not visible once the hairpiece is on but nonetheless its damaged. Its probably easily fixable and I might try to touch it up myself and see if SS can just send a discount. Im a little worried asking for another body as I feel I lucked out with the one I got compared to all the negatives Ive seen. I'll report back when I hear back from SS about the matter.

z7Jx2Zi.jpg

4fIGGXs.jpg

Overall Im happy i ordered this and will be keeping it.
EsaFbVq.jpg

There is no way this could of gone to WL already when they got 6000 reg to sell. They did the same with Bats and Supes PFs last year and brought them right back for sale. The games people play.

Back