Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It kind of helps that Marvel was able to pull off a nearly 90% cohesive connected story over 23 consecutive movies in 11 years culminating in a 2 part concert like event, a FIRST for cinema.

Bond finally (started in 1962) accomplished that and they got burnt out after only 5 movies with DC lol

Is the MCU perfect hell NO!

But before throwing shade at Marvel how about acknowledging that they did something special and look no further than the DCEU as proof that Marvel threaded the eye of an impossible needle and created cinematic history in the process and became the cinematic event that the return of Han Luke and Leia should have been.

WW1 saved the DCEU from oblivion shame that the follow up brought it back now it's all eyes on Snyder's magnum opus masterpiece to bring it all home.

I'm not against either brand, I like both. DC have had some stinkers in BoP & SS. I like the rest of their films.
Marvel have lots of great films also....but it does baffle me how none of their bad film get bad reviews. IM 2&3, Thor 2, Guardians 2 Capt Marvel and Ant Man 2 are awful movies and all will at worst get 3/5 from press and better from fans. Even dare I say BP is an average movie...but you cant say that out loud. Marvel have built everything up and damn well in fairness but that shouldn't take away that for all their brilliant films there are some turds in there also.

Momentum begets further momentum.

Momentum is everything.

Not success (look at Avatar certainly successful by any definition) but momentum.

Eventually a black hole by force will contort everything into its image.

That MCU black hole was so full of momentum it twisted everything into a 90% RT score lol

I love both Marvel and DC i'm hoping that the Snyder Cut will be the best superhero movie ever created the LOTR EE of superhero movies.

If that happens I win as the fan could care less if comes from Marvel or DC.

Last edited:
[,,,] WW1 saved the DCEU from oblivion shame that the follow up brought it back now it's all eyes on Snyder's magnum opus masterpiece to bring it all home.

The DCEU will forever be known as the cinematic universe that gave the world a headless Superman in a movie...HEADLESS!

Now we got man rape and children highway roll to add to that list lol

That sounds like something you'd find listed on the back of a menu at a roadside diner lol. Or better yet, at Planet Hollywood. Too bad those are gone now - a missed opportunity to acknowledge that scene's cultural & artistic significance. No doubt the roll would have cheese filling...

It's already the pattern with these coronavirus delayed movies. I can see Bond being a let-down aswell, another one with a long runtime from what I've heard.

I also think BW will be a stinker but not Doctor Strange level of stink.

Hopefully latest Bond is better than QOS which I think might be even worse than Spectre too close to call lol

But neither will be as bad as WW84!

That sounds like something you'd find listed on the back of a menu at a roadside diner lol. Or better yet, at Planet Hollywood. Too bad those are gone now - a missed opportunity to acknowledge that scene's cultural & artistic significance. No doubt the roll would have cheese filling...

:lol :lol :lol

I'll take a coffee and 2 children highways rolls lol

ST > MCU > PT > DCEU

There I said something nice about the PT lol
giphy.gif

Put me on an island with a working tv and make me choose between the amazing MCU run and the ST and the ST will win out every single time.

Yes the MCU took the popularity contest away from the return of Han, Luke and Leia but the ST will still win out in that island scenario for me every single time and that's coming from someone who loves Cap-hub.

It's all good I don't expect you to understand lol

There is Han, Luke and Leia then there is everything else.

NaNa

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

I approve master of response a-dev

But the real test is upon us!

Will Khev choose ST over Cap-hub!!! :panic:

Not Mando...the ST!

a-dev please go wake him up.

I gots to know!

We already know JAWS will take the ST over professor Hulk lol

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday, it's terrible. It lost me with that opening sequence, I just could not accept that little 11 y/o girl competing with grown women twice her age at an insanely dangerous ninja warrior coarse and beating them most of the way. Then to top that scene off, you have the 11 y/o girl firing a bow meant for a adult woman from horseback. The fact that she's amazonian just doesn't excuse the ridiculousness of that opening, which doesn't have much to do with the plot of the rest of the movie.

That wishing stone crap, the central plot of the movie, was just beyond stupid. Maxwell Lord made a terrible villain. Kristen Wig's character was cliched with poor motivation for her character to turn bad. The way they brought Steve Trevor back was so poorly thought out that it had unforeseen implications that surprisingly, no one involved in the movie caught. Bad CGI. Tumbling with the bad kid dummys in the convoy scene. And everything about the ending was ****. There seemed to be ZERO consequences from anything that took place. The story might as well never happened.

The funniest scene in the movie was Kristen Wig's character walking in the park while a dozen white guys tried to flirt with her, then cat call her, finally culminating in her beating the crap out of the guy that attempted to rape her in a prior scene only to be stopped by the homeless black guy. The scene felt like it belonged in a SNL skit. I also don't buy that she only hurt the rapist guy, she kicked him hard enough in the chest and head to send him hurtling 10 feet back! That guy was dead.

Nothing the actors did was bad, just terrible writing. I did like two brief scenes, flying through the fireworks and WW learning to fly. The mall scene wasn't bad but a bit cliched and poorly filmed and edited. WB was bound to loose money on this, corona virus lock down or not, this was a bad movie. I'm sure the lock downs will be blamed, not the writers and film maker's incompetence.

The DC films I'd rank- WW> Shazam> MoS> Aquaman> BvsS> Justice League> Suicide Squad> WW84.
I haven't seen BoP so I can't rank, but I'd probably put it last if I had.

:lol :lol

That clip never gets old, lol

And yes, while I will always acknowledge the MCU as being the greater accomplishment and the finale of EG as being one of the most exhilarating theatrical experiences of my adult life the resonance of the mighty Infinity Saga has already drastically faded for me while the ST is still going strong.

ST > MCU

Back