Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this yesterday, it's terrible. It lost me with that opening sequence, I just could not accept that little 11 y/o girl competing with grown women twice her age at an insanely dangerous ninja warrior coarse and beating them most of the way. Then to top that scene off, you have the 11 y/o girl firing a bow meant for a adult woman from horseback. The fact that she's amazonian just doesn't excuse the ridiculousness of that opening, which doesn't have much to do with the plot of the rest of the movie.

Goddamn. That was the only part of the movie I liked in entirety. Yes I did find it strange that this child was able to outperform all the adults at everything but I just went with it, the visuals and music were great.

It's the absolute indignation in that first No - I love applying it to trivial internet forum disagreements :lol

And the fact that he needs to *follow up* on that perfectly indignant "no" with the absurdly prolonged "nooooooo" while contorting his body to attack a perfectly innocent display case that isn't even in his field of vision during his outburst. :lol

Goddamn. That was the only part of the movie I liked in entirety. Yes I did find it strange that this child was able to outperform all the adults at everything but I just went with it, the visuals and music were great.

Yeah oddly enough, the random long extended scene at the start which literally has nothing to do with the rest of the movie was maybe the best scene of the film. It wasn't believable but it was still charming in a silly way. It almost had more spectacle than the rest of the movie too lol.

Yeah, I think one needs to keep in mind that she's an actual goddess, not a plain old Amazonian like the rest of them. But of course her outperforming them to that extent is inconsistent with how she was portrayed at the beginning of the first film. :slap

And the fact that he needs to *follow up* on that perfectly indignant "no" with the absurdly prolonged "nooooooo" while contorting his body to attack a perfectly innocent display case that isn't even in his field of vision during his outburst. :lol

Detolf's beware when a-dev is in a mood to use Picard says No

Yeah oddly enough, the random long extended scene at the start which literally has nothing to do with the rest of the movie was maybe the best scene of the film. It wasn't believable but it was still charming in a silly way. It almost had more spectacle than the rest of the movie too lol.

Yeah, I think one needs to keep in mind that she's an actual goddess, not a plain old Amazonian like the rest of them.

Well that'll do it then. Scene is salvageable and can be safely transplanted into the beginning of a better WW film.

But of course her outperforming them to that extent is inconsistent with how she was portrayed at the beginning of the first film. :slap

vlcsnap-2015-12-02-05h33m48s0_zps4j8b3tw6.jpg

I haven't seen the movie and I probably won't. I already watched some reviews.

Thanks to Jye's unholy glee:lol...I can't wait to see it:cool: (when I can see if for free).

Had this random musing over the incredible attention paid to the details in the Mandalorian (in spite of jeans guy:monkey3) e.g. how the reflection of a green light saber was reflected in Beskar armor...

Now I see screen shots in a multi-million dollar production, the FAVORED of WB, of green screens, and Jye speaks of Wonder Woman rolling around with a couple of plastic mannequins...who can say, I might like WW 2 as much as I like Lake Placid (a fav guilty pleasure movie).

Personally think BW will be awesome; it's more of a problem with the release dragging on so long, will anyone give a *&^%$.

Yeah, I think one needs to keep in mind that she's an actual goddess, not a plain old Amazonian like the rest of them. But of course her outperforming them to that extent is inconsistent with how she was portrayed at the beginning of the first film. :slap

A Goddess? Now that's cheating! :lol
I guess the lesson she learned was pointless from the start.
Being made of clay and imbued with life by Zeus doesn't really make you a goddess, I always thought of her as being like the other Amazons, much stronger than the average Woman but not more so than other Amazonians. But you're right, she's not supposed to be a typical Amazonian, but it still was a bit ridiculous, especially when considering how she was portrayed in the first movie.

Last edited:

I left out in an edit that I thought it was the highlight of the movie, then I remembered the fireworks and learning to flying scenes which are much briefer but I liked more. If only Diana was in her mid-to late teens I would've bought it, but that little girl was just too young, all I could think about was trying to keep pace with adults while walking at that age, but then again I'm only 1/4 god.
Detolf's beware when a-dev is in a mood to use Picard says No

Well that'll do it then. Scene is salvageable and can be safely transplanted into the beginning of a better WW film.

View attachment 502477

:rotfl
Just ignore that the kid is so small and chant "she's a goddess, she's much stronger than the others" and it'll be fine!

Last edited:
Well just watched it guys....and feck me..I tought it was enjoyable. I didn't like the lasso catching the bullet and maybe Diana was a bit goody but it was 3.5/5 for me.

I also think BW will be a stinker but not Doctor Strange level of stink.

Hopefully latest Bond is better than QOS which I think might be even worse than Spectre too close to call lol

But neither will be as bad as WW84!

Spectre is on telly right now and damn that fight on the train with Bautista was good at least. It was novel seeing Bond properly get his ass kicked

I left out in an edit that I thought it was the highlight of the movie, then I remembered the fireworks and learning to flying scenes which are much briefer but I liked more. If only Diana was in her mid-to late teens I would've bought it, but that little girl was just too young, all I could think about was trying to keep pace with adults while walking at that age, but then again I'm only 1/4 god.

:rotfl
Just ignore that the kid is so small and chant "she's a goddess, she's much stronger than the others" and it'll be fine!

Yeah, probably. Maybe they were trying to appeal to girls of that age but, as with Anakin in Star Wars, little kids would have been just as happy seeing a teenager and it could have been more plausible to the rest of us.

Yeah, probably. Maybe they were trying to appeal to girls of that age but, as with Anakin in Star Wars, little kids would have been just as happy seeing a teenager and it could have been more plausible to the rest of us.

Why is that so hard for some filmmakers to understand? I don't know that I can think of a single movie from my youth that featured a young kid in a war type setting that I appreciated more than a teenage or adult hero. Even Atreyu in The Neverending Story was a bit of a stretch but he's freaking John Wick compared to Jake Lloyd, lol.

Newt, Feral Kid and Short Round will be in multiverse WW2020 :yess:

See those were all *decent* kids even and yet no one liked them as much as the main heroes, lol.

ShortRound would have made an excellent Ani.

Pod Race Ani: Hold on to your potatoes....

Ani: You call him Master Qui-Gon, doll...

:lol

"He no gone to the Dark Side, he crazy..."

Back