Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of WW raping an unconscious man really has me wondering what I'm missing, lol. Hopefully it won't be too long (March? April?) before it is available to rent on-demand without needing to subscribe.

That is really an American standard in blockbuster movies. You always need a romance, or estranged children getting closer again with their parents.

Godzilla is a good case study of this. In Japan they are trying to make a monster movie about basically the devastation of nuclear attacks on Japan. In the USA, Godzilla is a monster movie where we need our protagnosts to romance somebody, or find that bond with a child.

Basically, Hollywood notes almost always demand some type of simple and sappy family drama or love story because it can appeal to the heartstrings of even the most catatonic american.

True. Instead of a depressing story of nature vs man we have man trying to get back to his wife while Godzilla is in the background abd the next one some lame trying to find his daughter while monsters fight in the background

What's this all about?
Haven't seen yet as it's not available in my area.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What's this all about?
Haven't seen yet as it's not available in my area.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lol....its a bit weird alright.
I wouldn't mind making myself available to her mind you:rotfl

My hype for this entire movie has been really interesting. I'm trying to remember all the movies that were supposed to come out this year, but if I recall correctly if you had asked me around this time last year what movie I was most excited for in 2020, I probably would have had WW1984 at least in the top 3.

Then of course the pandemic came along, and WW84 got delayed, then it just kept getting bumped with the occasional promotion here and there (though of course promotion gets dragged out over months). Finally it just gets dumped online, and I can literally go watch it right now, yet I just really don't care much anymore. Any type of hype has now morphed into "meh, I'll get around to it when I have the time." Even though where I am, we are basically in lock down and my days aren't very full. :lol

Because of this I've just been reading in this thread and elsewhere online, spoilers and all, just to hear what people think and of course the general reception has been an extreme "meh" to even bad which makes me even less interested. If a movie is going to be sub-par, I would almost always rather watch steaming crap like Suicide Squad with all its outrage and ridiculousness (almost so bad it's good), over a mediocre movie that is neither great nor awful because then it's just boring.

I might get around to watching it later today but we'll see.

My hype for this entire movie has been really interesting. I'm trying to remember all the movies that were supposed to come out this year, but if I recall correctly if you had asked me around this time last year what movie I was most excited for in 2020, I probably would have had WW1984 at least in the top 3.

Then of course the pandemic came along, and WW84 got delayed, then it just kept getting bumped with the occasional promotion here and there (though of course promotion gets dragged out over months). Finally it just gets dumped online, and I can literally go watch it right now, yet I just really don't care much anymore. Any type of hype has now morphed into "meh, I'll get around to it when I have the time." Even though where I am, we are basically in lock down and my days aren't very full. :lol

Because of this I've just been reading in this thread and elsewhere online, spoilers and all, just to hear what people think and of course the general reception has been an extreme "meh" to even bad which makes me even less interested. If a movie is going to be sub-par, I would almost always rather watch steaming crap like Suicide Squad with all its outrage and ridiculousness (almost so bad it's good), over a mediocre movie that is neither great nor awful because then it's just boring.

I might get around to watching it later today but we'll see.

Is it horrible? No. Is it super simplistic and cheesy, with questionable CGI in spots to appeal to a very general audience who can't remember what happened 10 minutes ago. Yes.

Which is a shame, because I think there is some good stuff here, but there is just much crap stacked on it. I think if you edited this down and changed a few things, you could at least get Ant-Man quality films out of it, which knows not to overstay its welcome by clocking in under 2 hours.

I really don't know what to make of this forum being so progressive on the issue of consent in this movie.

Typically, I see comments belittling such social justice topics.

I really don't know what to make of this forum being so progressive on the issue of consent in this movie.

Typically, I see comments belittling such social justice topics.

Just good to stick it to the hypocrites of the social justice society. Maybe if they applied issues equally, we might all care.

Ah lads.....its a bloody movie.
What a bout the lads career....did he miss out on that promotion :panic:

Fair enough, maybe we are all reading into this too much. I mean this movie was a simple kid friendly affair and its not like they had a subplot of multiple scenes of attempted rape in the movie that shapes character motivations. So I guess we are discussing an irrelevant topic.

*Thinks about a handful of specific scenes in the movie*

Eh..let me retract that last statement.

All this talk of WW raping an unconscious man really has me wondering what I'm missing, lol. Hopefully it won't be too long (March? April?) before it is available to rent on-demand without needing to subscribe.

Yep. Asked my comic fan bro last night - was it worth 15$ to download app, and dump HBO Max immediately after watching? He got HBO for free on his phone.

According to him, at least his version of HBO Max has issues like not being able to rewind (even the buggy Disney Plus can do that) and buffering. And the movie is - just bad. And stupid. *&^% CGI.

U could argue I ought to see for myself and decide, but I don't care 15$ worth.

Back