Prop Wolf Predator Bio Helmet "DX" review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they've sold like 3 or 4 of em in the last week; I could defn see this bringing down the price of the SS version considerably. Recast or not, it's 100% clear to me, that it is a superior piece to the SS version, and I didn't pay much more than what the SS version went for at retail.

I ended up buying one of these. I wasn't impressed at all with my Sideshow Wolf and sold it a while ago. One question for those who own it. Is the bottom of the base finished like the Sideshow bases? (ie, felt, rubber feet and slotted mounting holes). A pic of the bottom of the base would be great....

The guy on ebay accepted a $290 offer for those interested......you always could offer less and see how low he will go.

I ended up buying one of these. I wasn't impressed at all with my Sideshow Wolf and sold it a while ago. One question for those who own it. Is the bottom of the base finished like the Sideshow bases? (ie, felt, rubber feet and slotted mounting holes). A pic of the bottom of the base would be great....

The guy on ebay accepted a $290 offer for those interested......you always could offer less and see how low he will go.

Don't have mine yet, I gave them the same offer a couple weeks ago :slap. It would have been nice to get it like $20 cheaper, but oh well.

Don't have mine yet, I gave them the same offer a couple weeks ago :slap. It would have been nice to get it like $20 cheaper, but oh well.

ahhh that was you! Good Job! I did a search of closed items and saw he took that offer...so that's what I went by. Looks to be an awesome piece.

Has yours shipped yet?

ahhh that was you! Good Job! I did a search of closed items and saw he took that offer...so that's what I went by. Looks to be an awesome piece.

Has yours shipped yet?

:lol..........funny thing is, I did the same and saw another person before me put in the same offer. I remember the very 1st one they put up for auction, not buy it now, and they had the starting bid at $288, but they ended it early. Yep, mine shipped a day after I payed, I should have it next week I think, I have to go back and double check.

:lol..........funny thing is, I did the same and saw another person before me put in the same offer. I remember the very 1st one they put up for auction, not buy it now, and they had the starting bid at $288, but they ended it early. Yep, mine shipped a day after I payed, I should have it next week I think, I have to go back and double check.

That's funny! :lol
What method was it shipped? Mine states it being shipped via USPS small flat rate priority mail box......I know that's not possible :slap

I wonder where the on/off switches are located?

This thing will look good alongside my HCG P1 bio......

Last edited:
I was going to pick one of these up soon as I can get the money together after all the other crap I got pre-ordered. I messaged the guy selling them because he sold like 6 in the past few days and asked if he would make me one on order. He told me just to message him when I was ready to pay so he seems like a cool guy.

What method was it shipped? Mine states it being shipped via USPS small flat rate priority mail box......I know that's not possible :slap

yea, said the same method for me too; defn not possible. I think when he created the auction, he must of just selected that option for whatever reason :dunno. I'm curious what you will think about it, cause the HCG P1 has the same inner details, but man, everything I heard about that Bio is pretty negative as far as quality goes :(. Saved me $1k though

I was going to pick one of these up soon as I can get the money together after all the other crap I got pre-ordered. I messaged the guy selling them because he sold like 6 in the past few days and asked if he would make me one on order. He told me just to message him when I was ready to pay so he seems like a cool guy.

well I decided to buy this when I shouldn't be buying anything :slap. I was so worried that maybe I might miss out, so I didn't want to risk it. These guys are gonna make a lot of $$$ off this, unless ebay, Fox, or SS finds a way to shut them down, but I don't see that happening.

yea, said the same method for me too; defn not possible. I think when he created the auction, he must of just selected that option for whatever reason :dunno. I'm curious what you will think about it, cause the HCG P1 has the same inner details, but man, everything I heard about that Bio is pretty negative as far as quality goes :(. Saved me $1k though

That couldn't be further from the truth....The HCG P1 is the best bio I have ever seen. Plus, it's screen acurate and the COA was signed by Stan himself....right before he passed. It looks great on my wall.......

So what method did he ship it? You never said.....

That couldn't be further from the truth....The HCG P1 is the best bio I have ever seen. Plus, it's screen acurate and the COA was signed by Stan himself....right before he passed. It looks great on my wall.......

So what method did he ship it? You never said.....

from what I read at SF, I didn't read one positive thing about it. Tbh, your the first one I have come across that would say "is the best bio I have ever seen" in regards to it. If they would have sold just the Bio itself, I would have been game for it for sure. I'm suprised we haven't seen a quality recast of that one actually. I had a raw P1 from the original SWS mold once though; needed a lot of tlc on it.

They shipped Wolf via usps.

from what I read at SF, I didn't read one positive thing about it. Tbh, your the first one I have come across that would say "is the best bio I have ever seen" in regards to it. If they would have sold just the Bio itself, I would have been game for it for sure. I'm suprised we haven't seen a quality recast of that one actually. I had a raw P1 from the original SWS mold once though; needed a lot of tlc on it.

They shipped Wolf via usps.

Yeah, I read all the infighting on the different sites concerning the HCG P1...I take that crap with a grain of salt. I know a few people that have these and love 'em. For all the people that supposedly hate it and label it as poor quality...you never see any for sale, which I find funny. I know I wouldn't ever sell mine.

USPS Priority? When do you expect delivery?

Yeah, I read all the infighting on the different sites concerning the HCG P1...I take that crap with a grain of salt. I know a few people that have these and love 'em. For all the people that supposedly hate it and label it as poor quality...you never see any for sale, which I find funny. I know I wouldn't ever sell mine.

USPS Priority? When do you expect delivery?

good point, but since it's been sold out for so long, ppl would prolly ask too much for it, but I remember when I could have gotten it for like $700. I will wait for SS to realease one unless I can get a good deal on the Icons version. I expect Wolf monday or Tuesday.

Mine shipped via airmail and arrived in 10 days from auction close.

The on/off switches are:
1) Above the right eye for lasers.
2) Under silver "X" part of mine (it slides out) for base.
(Both use two 2032 batteries (included).)

A fellow HCG P1 Owner! :1-1: :hi5: Awesome minds think alike. :D

Plain dark gray base with two slotted mounting holes for wall mounting. No felt, but thats a super-cheap fix. :) I let it slide considering everything else included. :lol

...the stand's light-up feature is cool too but to switch it on, u gotta remove a part of it, which means taking out the bio first. not so practical, so most of the time i probably won't bother turning it on.

Grab the center one (the one that points down) and pull it up and out to the left to easily slide it out without having to remove anything. This also gives you access to the switch without having to remove it all. I did put a little half of a thin circle felt pad underneath each of the two silver parts of the center post that the mask sits on (if that makes sense) to avoid any potential scratching of the light assembly as it slides back in. :)

baseparts.jpg

Last edited:
Back