Will the PT be loved more or hated more after TFA releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 1 was pretty godawful. Episode 2 was godawful but a more entertaining movie; Episode 3 was the best of the new trilogy, but that's not saying much.

They did everything backwards with "Da Force Awakandas", played as safe as possible, and still managed to **** it up.
I'll take any PT film over TFA any day.

Wow, not sure what to say to that......jar Jar over Han? hmm.....

The more I think about it, the more I think I appreciate all 7 Star Wars movies for something, you know? Force Awakens made me think about the whole Star Wars universe in a way I haven't in a while. I only love Star Wars and Empire, but honestly I don't think I hate any of them. They all have their flaws but multiple cool things to take away from them. None are perfect.

PT was bad movie making, story would have held up with a more competent director and writer....i mean that dialogue.

What ever you think of TPM is unlikely to sway what you think of PT....

Its strange to me people taste thou......peoples like to eat anchovies/ caviar .......people like to be beaten up ........people like to be sick.......people can be weird.

The Empire Strikes Back isn't perfect.

giphy.gif

200x200px-ZC-1091fd0a_churchladyfaint.gif

:lol

I hope that was your reaction to Han being murdered by his Dark Jedi son right after them sharing the screen time together for one minute. No proper buildup, no context for film's story - his death is a cheap twist for cheap sadness.

But there is context. He's lost his family. His wife, his son. I felt it was very much a case of Han not running away from his past anymore and doing what he did for Leia who he still loved.

:lol

I hope that was your reaction to Han being murdered by his Dark Jedi son right after them sharing the screen time together for one minute. No proper buildup, no context for film's story - his death is a cheap twist for cheap sadness.

Well you've cited one of my bigger difficulties with TFA. If they were going to do that I think they should have pushed it to Episode 8, not in this one, because as you said we probably needed more time to digest that this is Han and Leia's son and to get a better idea of what the **** happened. Having said that the PT excelled at leaving important stuff off-screen and relying on awkwardly delivered dialogue to fill in blanks. At least TFA had some believable acting to at least go some way towards selling that Han wants his son back.

Funny thing, my 7 year old has seen episodes 4,5,6,1 and now 7. So today, after being thrilled by TFA, she wanted another Star Wars fix, she chose Ep. 2.

After 1 hour she said "this is awful, I don't want to watch anymore."

Wow, she probably has better taste than I would have had at 7.

*inserts ClownPrince's Empire Strikes Back rant*

The only thing I don't like about Empire is "there is another" and Luke straight up saying "father" when Vader tries talking to him when they're getting away in the Falcon.

*inserts ClownPrince's Empire Strikes Back rant*

The only thing I don't like about Empire is "there is another" and Luke straight up saying "father" when Vader tries talking to him when they're getting away in the Falcon.

Do you have/saved/find ClownPrinces rant DiFabio? I can't find it in the TFA thread.

You're right, this is Yoda, it should have been "Another there is"!

:lol but no. Empire determined how much word reversal Yoda should do. The PT went a bit mad with it. Unless Lucas was suggesting that his english suddenly started getting better as he neared the end of his 900 years.

:lol but no. Empire determined how much word reversal Yoda should do. The PT went a bit mad with it. Unless Lucas was suggesting that his english suddenly started getting better as he neared the end of his 900 years.

Clone wars Cartoon takes Yoda's word reversal even farther... It is so bad that I actually hate when Yoda shows up in an episode...

Perhaps it's not the word reversal in the series as much as it is the dramatic pause he has in all his lines...

:lol but no. Empire determined how much word reversal Yoda should do. The PT went a bit mad with it.

No ****! What kind of battlefield commander excruciatingly jumbles crucial orders like :

"Around the survivors..."

"Yes? What? Fly? Land? Suppressing fire? ****!"

"...a perimeter..."

"Huh?"

"create!"

"I'm a ****ing clone and now I've to re-assemble that phrase in my head while people are dying?"

Back