1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard recently there was rumoured to be some issues with the Cassian TV show. Hopefully nothing major.

Really need some more information on this show.

Banking on it to "almost" round out the Rogue One team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/12/12/cassian-andor-series-eyeing-to-begin-filming-in-june-cassians-backstory-set-to-be-explored-exclusive/
We have learned that the Disney+ ‘Cassian Andor’ series is indeed moving forward and is currently eyeing to begin filming in June, the series will shoot in Europe.

This news comes following the announcement that the series was almost canceled at Disney+ until Tony Gilroy, who also worked on the extensive reshoots for ‘Rogue One’, joined the project. He will write the pilot as well as direct multiple episodes of the series with ‘The Americans’ Stephen Schaffer set to helm the series as its showrunner.

Unfortunately? seems like the show won't actually release until 2021.

Yes that's annoying. Perhaps they also pulled Obi Wan forward somewhat as that script was also ready to go once modded for TV.

Crossing fingers Cassian actually is released. At least for a season so we get a chance at him in 1/6 form.

They really do wing it, don't they?! It would be nice to have someone competent with a clear vision of future projects at the helm of Lucasfilm. The only Star Wars project that has gone anywhere near smoothly so far is The Mandalorian.

Crossing fingers Cassian actually is released. At least for a season so we get a chance at him in 1/6 form.

I'm sure they will. Hot Toys surely knows there are a lot of people with the Rogue One figures (exactly how many actually). For me this reduces their potential risk of people not buying a Cassian figure. It's almost like a second movie situation.

If the persons in charge of Rogue One script, and specifically the ones who handled K-2SO lines, are working on the series, i'm sure we'll have a few memorable lines.

With the ST behind us, I can see HT having some available scheduling time at the factories for diving back into RO and the OT, which have really sold well. (PT as well.)

With the ST behind us, I can see HT having some available scheduling time at the factories for diving back into RO and the OT, which have really sold well. (PT as well.)

Yep. Even Marvel is on a bit of a break of sorts. Even with Marvel films this year I can't imagine as many Marvel character releases as last year.

One can only hope that Hot Toys remembers that Rogue One was loved by most fans and those characters missed would be bought by those customers wanting to fill out their collection, at least of the main characters. But yes, OT and PT will no doubt see their fair share of releases in this "off" year as far as SW movies go.

I want cassian from rogue one. This tv series could be hit or miss. Plus he may be in a different outfit. Hopefully ht gets us a cassian sometime this year. He is long overdue. I know it?s a major long shot, but I never thought we would get krennic.

I want cassian from rogue one. This tv series could be hit or miss. Plus he may be in a different outfit. Hopefully ht gets us a cassian sometime this year. He is long overdue. I know it?s a major long shot, but I never thought we would get krennic.

Yes that's the annoying thing. 2021 will be another massive movie year at least for Marvel. That means Hot Toys will turn their focus their again no doubt. But of the few Star Wars figures they will do, I'm still 99% sure we'll get a Cassian. He's got to be up there on their list given the success of Star Wars TV so far.

They've got to do a Baby Yoda with George Lucas accessory now !

2a2c578fae38e989523c9fc358cdc829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's the annoying thing. 2021 will be another massive movie year at least for Marvel. That means Hot Toys will turn their focus their again no doubt. But of the few Star Wars figures they will do, I'm still 99% sure we'll get a Cassian. He's got to be up there on their list given the success of Star Wars TV so far.

HT are already over E9, they are now moving on to Birds of Prey and then Black Widow.

Many thanks to all the awesome customizers that made their version of these 1/6 scale characters to prove that it was possible. And immense gratitude to Ace. I plan to replace the shoulder armor with smaller versions then I can think of these as finished.

I had to give it my best shot to make them since I wanted these characters in my collection so much.

A936AFF0-0B11-4680-8E9F-8A3AEC8B51EF.jpeg

32688A71-ABB2-4661-8D48-F03263CA392E.jpeg

Many thanks to all the awesome customizers that made their version of these 1/6 scale characters to prove that it was possible. And immense gratitude to Ace. I plan to replace the shoulder armor with smaller versions then I can think of these as finished.

I had to give it my best shot to make them since I wanted these characters in my collection so much.

View attachment 478997

View attachment 478998

Awesome work.

By the way, what happened to your custom thread — it got locked...?

Back