Why do I mess things up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you ever wish you had just kept your mouth shut to stop from ruining something wonderful.
I was just beginning to build up a lovely relationship with an amazing woman, who for some reason thought the world of me. And because of a few misinterpreted emails (that said a couple of things that upset me, but were never meant in a critical way) This beautiful woman has now backed away to think things over.
Now I feel totally empty (feels like I'm crushed teenager again) and I can't think of anything else.
Life sucks & it's usually my fault

Sounds like it repairable to me.

I'd say stop emailing her and either talk in person or on the phone.

Do you ever wish you had just kept your mouth shut to stop from ruining something wonderful.
I was just beginning to build up a lovely relationship with an amazing woman, who for some reason thought the world of me. And because of a few misinterpreted emails (that said a couple of things that upset me, but were never meant in a critical way) This beautiful woman has now backed away to think things over.
Now I feel totally empty (feels like I'm crushed teenager again) and I can't think of anything else.
Life sucks & it's usually my fault

This happened to me before with someone I met on the internet and was trying to build a possible relationship with. You can easily be misunderstood through emails. We pretty much quit doing that and started talking on the phone. Though it didn't work out anyway for us, you can easily fix this.

Good luck! :1-1:

And yes, I often stick my foot in my mouth. :monkey1

Yup, electronic communication is the easiest way to be misunderstood... Just pick up the phone or meet in person and smooth things over. Physically hearing or seeing a person's facial expressions really helps to understand what's truly being said.

Best of luck to you mate :wave

Sounds like it repairable to me.

I'd say stop emailing her and either talk in person or on the phone.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Good/simple advice, should work.

Maybe this is a good place to post this question. I need some advice, probably from the ladies.

I started seeing someone, still very early in the dating process, but I'm liking how things are going so far... except...

When we talk on the phone, it's sort of hard to make out what she is saying all the time. I don't know if it's the crappy reception, the crappy phone, how she's holding the phone, or just her tone, but a lot of the conversation sounds like mumbling and I find myself having to say "what, I couldn't make that out" etc. a lot. After a little bit, I just say "yeah" and agree, even when I only heard about half of what she said.

How do you tell someone you can't understand them when they speak on a cell phone?

Just say it? Is that going to piss her off at all?

Yeah just say I'm having a hard time hearing you. No biggie.

Or you could tell her to remove the ____ from her mouth before she speaks. Although I woudn't advise that route. :lol

2467732238_621885af2b.jpg

When we talk on the phone, it's sort of hard to make out what she is saying all the time. I don't know if it's the crappy reception, the crappy phone, how she's holding the phone, or just her tone, but a lot of the conversation sounds like mumbling and I find myself having to say "what, I couldn't make that out" etc. a lot. After a little bit, I just say "yeah" and agree, even when I only heard about half of what she said.

Watch out! That could lead to some problems.

0000043801_20071018142711.jpg

Take a tip from the Kauki Love Doctor:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get into it with someone over e-mail, Facebook, myTweetFriendTube, whatever. DON'T DO IT. As soon as the conversation gets heated or you feel something is being misinterpreted, walk away and continue the conversation in person or over the phone at your next earliest connivence.

If you feel the need to fight on the internet, take it to SSF.

And yes, I often stick my foot in my mouth. :monkey1

You can fit your foot huh Ween? Hmmmm......:inlove

Tell her sex is needed in order for you to feel better about your mistake. :lecture

EPIC ADVISE. Do not read any further.

How do you tell someone you can't understand them when they speak on a cell phone?

You say "You know those _______s who keep going what? what? what? all the time on the phone? I don't want to be one so speak the ____ up.

Or you could tell her to remove the ____ from her mouth before she speaks. Although I woudn't advise that route.

Or start having her talk to you when your ____ is in her mouth and learn to interpret like the Dentists do.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get into it with someone over e-mail, Facebook, myTweetFriendTube, whatever. DON'T DO IT.

Unless the tweet, facebook post or video is of them with a ____ in their mouth then I think its okay to broach the subject.

If you really like this person - just call her and apologize. Say you feel there was a misunderstanding and you would love to talk with her in person or on the phone to try and clear things up.

And Mesa - just tell her you have a hard time hearing her on the cell phone - blame it on bad reception or whatever. But I can't fathom anyone getting upset over something like that. If she has a land line, ask her to call you back on that because you want to hear her better. :) That may score some points - the fact that you actually care about what she has to say.

If you really like this person - just call her and apologize. Say you feel there was a misunderstanding and you would love to talk with her in person or on the phone to try and clear things up.

And Mesa - just tell her you have a hard time hearing her on the cell phone - blame it on bad reception or whatever. But I can't fathom anyone getting upset over something like that. If she has a land line, ask her to call you back on that because you want to hear her better. :) That may score some points - the fact that you actually care about what she has to say.

The woman has spoken.....:lecture

Back