Who's Buying / Not Buying the Iron Man Mark 1 2.0 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which applies to you?

• Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • Nope, i have/had the original and don't feel the need to bother with this

Votes: 51 16.5%
  • Yep, i missed/skipped the original and wasn't willing to buy it from ebay

Votes: 151 48.9%
  • Nope, i'm bored with Iron Man now.

Votes: 66 21.4%

• Total voters
I'm just glad I sold my mark 1 before this came out, seems like HT's is jut going to remake everything which IMO sucks as a collector. Congrats to those who dont have a mark1 and now can get it at retail price.

Last edited:
I bought it because I missed the first one.
The fact the sculpt looks better and has newer stuff had nothing to do with my decision buying it.

I have the first one. This one is cool, but the first one is enough. I am not against remakes (I was one of the people who jumped for joy when they re-released the Batman Begins suit). I am also excited for a new Robocop. I decided long ago that these figures are expensive, not collectible.

I have exclusive on order but if have to cancel this one is 1st on list to go for something bigger better and with wheels..still a amazing figure and hope to keep but 6 months away.....so saving for him.....

I'm good with the original one. The original was the third HT figure I purchased and still my favorite.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I have the first one. This one is cool, but the first one is enough. I am not against remakes (I was one of the people who jumped for joy when they re-released the Batman Begins suit). I am also excited for a new Robocop. I decided long ago that these figures are expensive, not collectible.

This is very true. I think it makes more sense to think of each figure as a centerpiece, rather than part of a set.

I was retailing Hot Toys when the original came out and had a "sell don't keep" attitude towards them. There are 2 i regret not keeping for myself, this is one of them so i'm grateful for the chance to own it again. The other was The Godfather.

A must buy for me. I missed the original, and refuse to pay EBay prices for it. Plus the new head sculpt is 10 times better.

I choose option 1 because I intend to own both but if money's tight I can easily cancel this one and be happy with just the original.

Was thinking about it... but I realized I still don't think the armor looks good. Not really anything HT could do about it though.

I'm absolutely buying this one. Missed it back when it was released because I was unemployed and didn't think the prices would get as ridiculous as they are. Looking forward to it because this is the only one I'm missing besides the MK4.

i missed the original, so maybe i'm getting this :D :D

I'm absolutely buying this one. Missed it back when it was released because I was unemployed and didn't think the prices would get as ridiculous as they are. Looking forward to it because this is the only one I'm missing besides the MK4.

stiil not too late, i think mark 4 is in reasonable price

I have the 1st version, no need this one.

The HS is great but i'm displaying mine with close faceplate anyway so it doesn't mater to me. Flamethrower effect kinda cool thou.

option 1 can have 2 options:

1a. Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this so i can have both versions. What's money?

2b. Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this new one and sell the old one. I buy Hot Toys for that distinct new toy aroma.

:goodpost:

Chose 2b. Sold my old Mark I immediately after seeing this new version cause there's really no difference for the old one to vary from this new version. :monkey1

Back