Who would you like as the next maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who do you want next

• Gandalf the white

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Theoden

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Sauron

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Saruman

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Witch King/Nazgul

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Gothmog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elrond

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Balrog/Monster/Other

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
I would love a Rider of Rohan on Steed with shield and all :) these guys saved the day so many times yet no recognition!
Also would love to see Eowyn too but not in her armor this time
and finally id love to see a Gondorian Knight :)

This line is pure brilliance and I certainly hope
they keep up the pace!

I can see SS producing maquettes of Gondorian and Rohirrim soldiers, but I doubt the Rohirrim would be on horseback as we're probably looking at a statue in the $400 range and I doubt alot of people are going to spend that kind of money on a generic character. I could see SS producing an Eomer on Firefoot or Theoden on Snowmane maquette however....and an Eowyn at the Golden Hall.

Last edited:
Lurtz would be great in Maquette form.
The Mouth of Sauron would be my second choice

An armoured Lurtz similar to the one SSW made, but never produced would be great. And a MOS is on the way. :)

Friday, January 14th, 2011

Question : In your new LOTR 1/6 scale statue line, can we expect to eventually see all the “fellowship” members in both their Fellowship attire, as well as their alternate outfits where applicable? Also, are we going to see the primary/secondary characters that inexplicably have never been produced in statue form? I am specifically referring to characters such as Faramir, Eomer, Denethor, Haldir and the Mouth of Sauron. And lastly can you share with us the names of any of the above characters that are currently being produced, or are at or near the top of the list for future production?

Answer : Yes, we very much intend for this format to be THE format that allows us to realize the promise of the full Fellowship, regardless of the attire. Yes, Faramir, Eormer, and the Mouth of Sauron are in design, and perhaps Denethor and Haldir will be one day too…

I have been sick the last couple days, so just staying in and watching movies. I got through both FOTR and TTT EE's so far.

These movies are truly my favorites. And, with The Hobbit coming out, I am really excited about this line.

I hope all the characters SS says are in design see the light of day.

I really would like to see Eomer after Gimli (and I'm guessing Arwen is next).

Has anyone on here ever heard how tall a Balrog is supposed to be? (I realize that I should know that, being as how my user name means "Balrog" in Quenyan:lol) Based on the scenes with GTG, I thought he might be 16'-18'. If so, a 1/6th scale MQ would be 32"-36" tall!

Imagine that in a display with a RWOS PF!

Well, expect when we see a Balrog from this new maquette line it will be of similar size to the original in the SSW line.

I hate to say it, but, I am expecting the RWoS p.f. to be over $1,000...I'm gonna say $1,200.

I believe I've found the answer regarding the height of a Balrog. According to the writings of Tolkien, it's described as being "twice the size of a man" and that Gothmog, the King of the Balrogs, was described as being 12' tall. This would make it the same size as Sauron, thus a 1/6th scale statue would be 24" tall.

It appears that there's "Tolkien scale" and "Peter Jackson scale". The Balrog in Moria seemed to be taller than 12'. If so, I prefer PJ scale.:)

I believe I've found the answer regarding the height of a Balrog. According to the writings of Tolkien, it's described as being "twice the size of a man" and that Gothmog, the King of the Balrogs, was described as being 12' tall. This would make it the same size as Sauron, thus a 1/6th scale statue would be 24" tall.

It appears that there's "Tolkien scale" and "Peter Jackson scale". The Balrog in Moria seemed to be taller than 12'. If so, I prefer PJ scale.:)

I'd say PJ's version is about twice the size of Tolkien's...too large for a 1/6 scale statue I'm afraid. Josh is right, a SS maquette will probably be similar in size to the SSW version, though personally I hope it is larger.

I'm finding a new level of confidence in Sideshow lately, and it is entirely because of this new maquette line and what we have seen thus far.

I'd say PJ's version is about twice the size of Tolkien's...too large for a 1/6 scale statue I'm afraid. Josh is right, a SS maquette will probably be similar in size to the SSW version, though personally I hope it is larger.

I haven't read anything about it anywhere but I would hazard a guess that the SSW Daddy 'Rog, which is 13" tall (plus 1/2" base"), is 1/12th scale. I say that because it would mean that Weta was basing it on a 13' (156") tall creature, in line with the literature. A 1/6th figure would then be 26" tall.

Also would love to see Eowyn too but not in her armor this time
Either one is fine by me just as long as we get her. The only alternative on the market is the SSW statue and the face sculpt was pretty bad. :monkey1

Its strange how she is just as popular as Arwen and Galadriel yet doesn't get nearly as much attention in high end collectibles. :(

I'd prefer this costume for Eowyn.

Eowyn5.JPG

But I could see SS doing armored version with helmet and no helmet switch out heads.

I haven't read anything about it anywhere but I would hazard a guess that the SSW Daddy 'Rog, which is 13" tall (plus 1/2" base"), is 1/12th scale. I say that because it would mean that Weta was basing it on a 13' (156") tall creature, in line with the literature. A 1/6th figure would then be 26" tall.

I'm not sure what scale Weta used for the Balrog statue, but I think it's pretty clear based on the screencaps the movie-related Balrog is more in the 20-25' range......

LOTR_FellowshipOfTheRing_3575.jpg

LOTR_TheTwoTowers_0022.jpg

LOTR_FellowshipOfTheRing_3570.jpg

this is my final wish and i know it will never hapen but for it is the definitive image of the fellowship...if not a dio/maquette how about a wall plaque?

The%20fellowship%20of%20the%20ring%202.jpg

this is my final wish and i know it will never hapen but for it is the definitive image of the fellowship...if not a dio/maquette how about a wall plaque?
The%20fellowship%20of%20the%20ring%202.jpg

That's an excellent idea, though I don't even think anyone has the licensing for wall plaques anymore. :(

im currently discussing such a project with my private sculptor hes willing to do trolls fellbeast and he currently doing me a rohan foot soldier maybe this is the way to go as sideshow arnt listening to the fans and just doing what there want not what we want

The line just started, SS has already delivered in a big way and they are steadily pumping these out with plenty of things being worked on atm.

Back