Who would you like as the next maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who do you want next

• Gandalf the white

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Theoden

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Sauron

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Saruman

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Witch King/Nazgul

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Gothmog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elrond

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Balrog/Monster/Other

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
Bombadil!......keddeng!:D

I know I voted for Sauron(or the Witch-King?) but I'd like a Balrog too, with a light-up feature!:balrog

I remember seeing prelim work for Boromir, but I don't recall seeing anything about Faramir, when was that shown?

There hasn't been anything shown for Faramir yet. SS mentioned in a Q&A that Faramir and Eomer were both MQ projects.

I remember seeing prelim work for Boromir, but I don't recall seeing anything about Faramir, when was that shown?

Nothing seen so far, just a couple of references in SS's Q & A segment...including this one.

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

Question : I think your creative team should really be commended in the way they have approached the new LOTR maquette line. Obviously a lot of thought and consideration has gone into the execution of this line! We can’t wait to see what’s next after first 6 or so that we’ve seen in progress – any hints? Or even more photos of Arwen, Gimli & Boromir would be appreciated! – AND – Has Sideshow decided which characters will be produced as part of a “second wave” of LOTR statues? And if so, do they include any of the following characters: Faramir, Eomer, Denethor,or Haldir? And whichever characters are in the planning stage? I think I can speak for all LOTR fans when I say none of us will be upset should you decide to post more conceptual drawings for us to drool over!

Answer : Major, major thanks. We’ll share your feedback with all involved! You’ll see more of Arwen and Gimli soon, and Boromir shortly after. Faramir and Eomer have been designed (and they look great). Denethor and Haldir will wait for further down the road. We’ll see about sharing more of the design work with you soon!

I am actually surprised that a Prologue Elven Warrior, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Elendil, or Prologue Numenorean are not on this list...I would take a battling Prologue Elf over anything on that list right now!

I think some of those we will see at somepoint but right now probably not at the top of the list. I would love an Elendil and Isildur though.

I am actually surprised that a Prologue Elven Warrior, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Elendil, or Prologue Numenorean are not on this list...I would take a battling Prologue Elf over anything on that list right now!

I think some of those we will see at somepoint but right now probably not at the top of the list. I would love an Elendil and Isildur though.

Other than the original six maquttes the only one we've ever seen a glimpse of is the Prologue Elven Warrior. If it's not at the top of the list, I don't what is. :dunno

Right that one is up there. I was more speaking about characters like Elendil and Isildur.

Right that one is up there. I was more speaking about characters like Elendil and Isildur.

That makes sense. I too would love to see statues of Elendil and Isildur[not to mention a Numenorean Infantryman] and I do believe we will definitely see them eventually. I know both were supposed to be done in statue form by SSW and it always disappointed me these characters never saw the light of day.

Yup, a couple more than were supposed to be made but sadly did not. I had the busts for a long time and would love to get them back into the collection (the characters that is) and so when these get made someday I will buy them without a doubt.

I have the United Cutlery 2nd Age Gondorian (Numenorean) shield, the Sword of Isildur, the High Elven Warrior Sword, the Helm of Elendil and (very soon) Narsil. What I need is a statue of Elendil, Isildur and a PEW to go with them.

Back