Who would you like as the next maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who do you want next

• Gandalf the white

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Theoden

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Sauron

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Saruman

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Witch King/Nazgul

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Gothmog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elrond

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Balrog/Monster/Other

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
I guess this means after Gimli, Arwen and Boromir?
And other than the elven warrior and hobbits?

I'd love to see what GTW looks like, so soon after seeing GTG.

i voted for Lurts but any orcs will do .... or any of the villains.

I guess this means after Gimli, Arwen and Boromir?And other than the elven warrior and hobbits?

I'd love to see what GTW looks like, so soon after seeing GTG.

:confused: I think he means which maquette would you like to see in 2013 or beyond as we already know Arwen, Gimli, and Boromir are coming sometime this year. We also know a PEW, Faramir, Eomer, Sauron, and the Mouth of Sauron have already beed designed [or are in the process of being designed], and that these will most likely cover all the maquettes produced for 2012 and early into 2013.

Sorry about the confusion i meant after Gimli, Arwen and Boromir?
And the elven warrior and hobbits?
:hi5:

toss up between Balrog and the one I voted for: WitchKing, I'd really like to see a Morgul Lord done.

:confused: I think he means which maquette would you like to see in 2013 or beyond as we already know Arwen, Gimli, and Boromir are coming sometime this year. We also know a PEW, Faramir, Eomer, Sauron, and the Mouth of Sauron have already beed designed [or are in the process of being designed], and that these will most likely cover all the maquettes produced for 2012 and early into 2013.

Please forgive the ignorant little newbie (because I've probably missed this somewhere really obvious) but has a MoS maquette really been mentioned as a possibility? Wow. When/where was that said? :horror

Okay, somewhat cleared up. So pretty much after all the ones we are confirmed to be seeing and the hinted at PEW...

... I picked Saruman, because I think the line is going to be in desperate need of the evil characters. And while it seems SS is putting a ton of effort into this line, the emphasis seems to be leaning heavily toward the human (elf, dwarf, etc. included) characters. So it seems likely, to me at least, that SS will continue in that vein and produce Saruman and Grima, etc. before entering the realm of the more obscure non-human characters. But I want them all in this line and truly hope they include the likes of orc, Uruk Hai, and every other manner of creature inhabiting this wonderful world.

I would have voted for Saruman but as there were confirmation about a PF I would like to see a Balrog first in the maquette line.

I can't see the MoS without his horse...this should be the first rider & steed piece I guess.Unless a helmed Eomer comes with his horse... :thud: :pray:

Please forgive the ignorant little newbie (because I've probably missed this somewhere really obvious) but has a MoS maquette really been mentioned as a possibility? Wow. When/where was that said? :horror

This was posted in the 'Ask Sideshow LOTR Q&A' thread after SS posted it on their website.

Friday, January 14th, 2011

Question : In your new LOTR 1/6 scale statue line, can we expect to eventually see all the “fellowship” members in both their Fellowship attire, as well as their alternate outfits where applicable? Also, are we going to see the primary/secondary characters that inexplicably have never been produced in statue form? I am specifically referring to characters such as Faramir, Eomer, Denethor, Haldir and the Mouth of Sauron. And lastly can you share with us the names of any of the above characters that are currently being produced, or are at or near the top of the list for future production?

Answer : Yes, we very much intend for this format to be THE format that allows us to realize the promise of the full Fellowship, regardless of the attire. Yes, Faramir, Eormer, and the Mouth of Sauron are in design, and perhaps Denethor and Haldir will be one day too…

I can't see the MoS without his horse...this should be the first rider & steed piece I guess.Unless a helmed Eomer comes with his horse... :thud: :pray:

I wrote SS concerning this very issue last week in their Q&A segment. It makes perfect sense that this would be the 1st 'rider and steed' maquette.

I would have voted for Saruman but as there were confirmation about a PF I would like to see a Balrog first in the maquette line.

Saruman would be an excellent choice, but with the PF coming in 2012 there's no way we'll see a maquette any time soon.

Saruman would be sweet as well. I would love to see what direction they might go pose wise with this guy. Would love to see something with the Palantir or could go with something from his confrontation with Gandalf.

I have no doubt SS will deliver a perfect Saruman likeness in any scale... I'm still blown away everytime I look at both wizards in the Treachery dioroma...amazing sculpts in 1/8th scale! SS has sculpting gods in da house!!!

I'd prefer a Saruman PF, actually. I think the Sideshow Weta Saruman polystone statue is the most "iconic" (god, I've come to hate the word...bandied about WAY too often) pose, and I'd like to see the PF depicting Saruman atop Orthanc as he is sending the storm to stop the Fellowship from passing Caradhras...

It seems like the maquette line has been heores thus far, but you can't go wrong with villains, particularly either an Uruk-Hai pikesman, crossbowman, or engineer from Helms Deep.

Of course, those would be fabulous PFs as well.

Isildur with the ex being a change out head with helm.

And an Elendil.

Back