Who will be the SDCC 2012 Sideshow Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be this year's Sideshow Joe Exclusive at Comicon?

• Shockwave (repainted Beachhead with new gear)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shadow Guard (repainted Crimson Guard in black)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Scrap Iron (repainted Viper EX with missle system)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Grunt (kitbash of Hawk, Duke and other Joes)

• Storm Shadow (urban camo Joe version)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Stinger Driver (repainted Cobra Officer in grey)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hawk v1 (Blonde hair, no jacket, Stalker's sweater, helmet with visor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert Cobra Trooper (repainted Cobra Trooper)

• Another Ninja (boo!!!)

• None of the Above (Please post your ideas)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More than likely we'll see something like this...easy money for SSC.

DSCN2130.jpg

I'd pass on that....I am done buying 'colored' variant troopers

Black Ninja is my last ninja buy (except THE JOE version of Storm shadow)

lets move on to BATS,Snow Serpents,Eels..

Meh, I'd welcome a color variant trooper with the same gear as the original. Dye the uniforms and bash a few more troopers for the team. :lol

I'll go left field on this one.

FLASH or maybe SCI-FI in terms of the science fiction/tech direction/hint from an interview/posting from last year.

Maybe SSC will break tradition (c'mon, they've only done two of these) and give us a new character, albeit an obscure one.

They've done new molds in the past for Star Wars (Stormtrooper Han and Luke), so it is not unprecedented.

As for Flash or Sci-Fi, I would absolutely love versions of each, but I think they would warrant a full release, not limited like SDCC exclusive.

another repaint of something-------
hasbro-----sidebro-----hotbro-------matbro-------
they all go in the same direction--------
milk it till it bleeds------------

I've been saying this for years. :lol

Okay...please clarify.

The SDCC Sideshow Exclusive is supposed to be a super-limited "extra" version (i.e. repaint) of a Joe character, that is an easy manufacture for them to do using current molds for heads and accessories.

I see it as potentially being much more - a way to introduce some of the sub-characters from Joe lore while Sideshow is cranking out all the favorites. Just repaint some accessories and clothing, mix and match gear and you have someone like Shockwave, Storm Shadow v2 or Grunt. Aren't SDCC exclusives exactly that? Give us someone with a low manufacture run that will sell out...making it truly an exclusive.

I just hope we don't get another lame repaint like Ninja Viper (who still sits in their warehouse) without thought and just an added gun - Sideshow can be creative and swap portraits, accessories, vests/gear, etc. and come up with some cool stuff that are for the fans.
:yess:

Its supposed to be a simple repaint of an already done character. The edition size can be moderate that way those two together make completists or con exclusive junkies happy while not pissing off the fan base.

Its supposed to be a simple repaint of an already done character. The edition size can be moderate that way those two together make completists or con exclusive junkies happy while not pissing off the fan base.

i.e. it will not be a major character (beit sub characters like Sci-Fi and Tripwire or highly desired versions of existing characters like Commando Snake Eyes or V2 Storm Shadow) as Sideshow understands and respects that to release such a thing in such limited availability circumstances, would be unfair to their faithful customers.

i.e. it will not be a major character (beit sub characters like Sci-Fi and Tripwire or highly desired versions of existing characters like Commando Snake Eyes or V2 Storm Shadow) as Sideshow understands and respects that to release such a thing in such limited availability circumstances, would be unfair to their faithful customers.

Pretty much :lecture

Back