Who will be the SDCC 2012 Sideshow Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be this year's Sideshow Joe Exclusive at Comicon?

• Shockwave (repainted Beachhead with new gear)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shadow Guard (repainted Crimson Guard in black)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Scrap Iron (repainted Viper EX with missle system)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Grunt (kitbash of Hawk, Duke and other Joes)

• Storm Shadow (urban camo Joe version)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Stinger Driver (repainted Cobra Officer in grey)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hawk v1 (Blonde hair, no jacket, Stalker's sweater, helmet with visor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert Cobra Trooper (repainted Cobra Trooper)

• Another Ninja (boo!!!)

• None of the Above (Please post your ideas)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see either of the two most popular characters in G.I. Joe being SDCC releases either. Both SE and SS and their many renditions will be full blown regular releases.

Storm Shadow is big enough for a variant as a regular release. Would you accept Commando Snakes Eyes as a SDCC EX? I don't think so :lol It would be a lame variant of a main character (ie CCC) or a trooper variant.

Maybe a black ensemble hooded Commander? The ninjas are pretty played out to get another one, unless Sideshow wants to turn this into The Dead. :lol

I still don't think we'll get anything. They already said they were pulling back on releases for 2012 anyway. :huh

Storm Shadow is big enough for a variant as a regular release. Would you accept Commando Snakes Eyes as a SDCC EX? I don't think so :lol It would be a lame variant of a main character (ie CCC) or a trooper variant.

The next Storm Shadow will be a 88 version, not a variant.

What is a Crimson Guard if not Crimson?
There's always this hideous eyesore:

crimsonguardofficerlarge.jpg

Sideshow has looked to the 25th Joe line for inspiration previously.

cobracommander29large.jpg

cobratrooper11.jpg

Maybe a repaint of the Viper. He's been out for a bit now and they could have already gone into production for some kind of variant. Could also go with another Ninja since that would be easy and Ninja's are cool.

this probably makes the most sense...as it will be a variant character choice,re-used parts and NOT a new character..

though my choice is Zartan with Blue Skin,with different accessories

Blue Zartan actually makes the most sense right now. Its a cool variant, but not a must have for everyone. Plus we know Sideshow looked into giving Sideshow the skin changing feature, but it just didn't work (I was also told that whatever Hasbro did back in the 80's doesn't exist anymore, which is way the 25th Zartan didn't turn out so well).

So my vote is for Blue Zartan now :rock

Not to mention it would fill the void for people that wanted so badly to have a blue zartan. Would I get it? Yeah, I would but I'm glad they would be split into two figures.

Plus how appropiate would it be to get Blue skinned Zartan as the SDCC Exclusive and introduce the first Vehicle in the line

Zartan's Swamp Skier

Similar to when we got the Cobra Throne and Cherry Cola CC Ex.

This is assuming we even have Zartan by SDCC. :lol

Well, according to his product page he's showing March so he should be out. Now, could he get moved back? Sure but at this point I don't think it will. Not to mention they probably already took or are about to take the sdcc version if that was the case to production so its totally ready for comic-con.

I think blue Zartan would have pretty limited appeal. Even less than a red Cobra Commander. I'm a pretty hardcore Zartan fan and I think I would balk at that one. But who knows?

Again, that's why it would be perfect for a comic-con ex. Something that can be really limited and hit those that REALLY want it.

I disagree. I think a con exclusive is something that is not essential (of course), but will appeal to a large enough sub-set of the fanbase to make it worth producing. So, troop variant for instance. Cobra Commander, sure. He's the leader of Cobra. Troopers, sure. Everyone wants more Skittle colored troops. Random Star Wars prequel clone number 543, sure. Star Wars fans will buy every one of those Sideshow creative can come up with. I don't see Zartan being the kind of character folks are gonna shell out $150 twice for. Anything could happen though.

Back