Who wants Hot Toys Star Trek figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Wrath of Khan figures or nothing imo

If they did Wrath figures, if I could have McCoy, Spock and Kirk at minimum, that I'd be happy with. The unforms in Star Trek 2, 5, and 6 are my favorite in all of Trek, they just carry such a look of prestige and command, they look like uniforms that demand respect, unlike a lot of other Trek uniforms.

Yeah its still the best film. Though I also really enjoyed Generations and First Contact. Then Voyager started putting the borg in every episode and completely demystified them and took away their threat.

I would LOVE if Hot Toys ever made Picard as Locutus.

20090109-rpkdghqdr5nn3y8u8fj63r7271.jpg

ricardomontalban9.jpg

Star Trek II is the only Star Trek production even remotely meriting Hot Toys treatment, but I would buy a Kirk and if they made a Saavik I would buy Spock and Khan as a thank you.

I loved the whole 'space navy' feel about it. The uniforms seem the most realistic of any Star trek uniform theres ever been IMO. There was still some awe about the Enterprise, something as simple as Kirk boarding the ship and their exiting space-dock was just so cool. (although Trek III's space dock sequence was cooler) Something that bothered me about later Trek is that you never got the impression that these ships ever 'returned to port', they seemed like they were the property of the ships captain and he could just take them wherever he wanted.

Another huge plus II has in its favour is James Horners music. I hate that they've never got him back to score a Trek film and that music hasn't been heard since Star Trek III. Definitely one of the best film soundtracks of all time. Really epic and evocative of space and this 'space navy' I mentioned.

100% agree there. Wrath of Khan was amazing on all levels. I'm a firm believer that music is just as important to a film as script, cast, direction etc, James Horner is my favorite composer of all time. He brings a level of emotion to a film that sucks you in. Even Search for Spock is another favorite of mine and the music contributed to that. Both films built on the fact that these guys would do anything for one another.
Although it'd be a stretch I'd gladly buy kirk, Spock and Mcoy without hesitation. If I could afford the rest it'd be awesome to own Chekov, Sulu, Uhura and Scotty in his Engineenring outfit. If khan was released then...gulp!

Hot Toys could make really nice figures out of these guys, could be some of their best as the there is loads of detail put into Klingon uniforms and not to mention their Alien/human-like appearance.

dststii1.jpg

Speak up Dave! What do you know!

It isn't just a coincidence that you posted your keen-eyed CTR readers bit on your site then this thread on the same day!

Hot Toys said more classic films are on the way. Tron is one. Star Trek II also came out in 1982. If it's TWOK, I'm gonna explode!

I don't see why they'd release figures from a 25-year-old movie when a new, very popular, one came out just last year.
Because its Iconc, its a classic, it deserves better than the 12" Megos that came out in '79. And as to a 25 year old property? Their Planet of the Apes linewas quite good, well received, ultra detailed and at a decent pricepoint.
Oh, yeah, and because the new one SUCKED!! :naughty
The movie deserves better than this...

12.jpg

11.jpg

CTR's Star Trek 2009 Photo Archive

That film was fortunate to even get those. They are appropriate. Knockoff figures from a knockoff movie.

Because its Iconc, its a classic, it deserves better than the 12" Megos that came out in '79. And as to a 25 year old property? Their Planet of the Apes linewas quite good, well received, ultra detailed and at a decent pricepoint.
Oh, yeah, and because the new one SUCKED!! :naughty

That film was fortunate to even get those. They are appropriate. Knockoff figures from a knockoff movie.

Well said, General!!!

Nice to hear from someone else who also didn't drink the Abrams Koolaid. :D

I loved the whole 'space navy' feel about it. The uniforms seem the most realistic of any Star trek uniform theres ever been IMO.

Totally. Best reason for Wrath of Khan figures... Well that, and it's the best movie. This seems like a good HT-style lineup (and I'd probably buy most, if not all of them):

- ST II Kirk
- ST II Spock (battle damaged version as well???)
- TNG Kirk
- TNG Riker
- TNG Data
- TNG Worf
- JJ Kirk
- JJ Spock
- Some kind of Klingon character or generic warrior
- Borg (Klingons and Borgs could be like, the new Preds and Endos for them)
- ... possibly ST II and JJ Bones too?

Star Trek IV figures would be pretty cool too...

EDIT: God, I feel like such a Trekkie! ;)

I've been thinking about this more and if I could have any figures made these would be my must-haves in 1/6:

TOS
Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Gorn

Star Trek Movies (original crew)
Kirk- Wrath of Kahn
Spock- Wrath of Kahn
Kahn
Klingon (generic or specific)- Search for Spock

The Next Generation
Picard
Data
Worf
Riker
Q

Abram's Trek
Kirk
Spock

There are more I could be tempted with like a Mugatu, or other cool aliens. But if I had a master list this is what it would be.

292px-Chang_(General).jpg

I would love to own a General Chang that comes with his BOP command chair.The little bolts on his eye patch have Klingon emblems on them and would be a nice added touch to the sculpt.

Last edited:
I'd like a Picard with his gray shirt/red jacket uniform and flute. TOS Kirk, Spock and Bones would be great too. That's about as deep as I'd want to go.

I loved the new reboot movie, but I'm not interested in figures from it.

The Picard i would want most are these two outfits, as a two-in one..vest and jacket included.
tng_stewart_1st.jpg

startreknemesis-picard2.jpg

Command chair also included.

Back