Who wants Hot Toys Star Trek figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Martin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems that Playmates won't allow any American companies to touch the Abrams Star Trek (speculation) but Hot Toys isn't in the US, so if they Pursued this license I'd be so stoked. Imagine a crew of HT 12" excellence.

Perhaps he means e.g. Kirk is a just an average looking guy in a minimal uniform - unlike Batman, Iron Man, the Predators, Joker etc.

trek-crew-660.jpg

:lecture Yes, please! And I'd also be up for a Nero.

Dave, you should start a poll on your site and give the option of classic or new. Maybe Hot Toys would notice.

I seem to be one of the few people who absolutely hated the new Trek but like the originals still.

There is so much gear Hot Toys could include with a movie era Kirk and Spock, not to mention a extra headsculpt for Spock based on his death scene from STII,functional crimson red uniforms with wired chest flap and metal Starfleet insignia with rank on shoulder and sleeve.Commander Kruge would be a fantastic figure to own as well,there is so much detail in his outfit and they could throw in his beast-like dog that layed beside him on the BOP,not to mention the sculpt would be Christopher Lloyd.

NERO ftw. A winner of a figure. Check out the bite marks on the right side of his skull from a Klingon guard dog. I'd be up for a Nero figure, most definitely.

star-trek-nero-poster.jpg

I would get a Leonard Nimoy Spock, and even Data.. Not too interested in the 'humans'.

Dave, you should start a poll on your site and give the option of classic or new. Maybe Hot Toys would notice.

I seem to be one of the few people who absolutely hated the new Trek but like the originals still.

I hated it too and don't get all they hype around it. It felt shallow and empty and I'm sorry, those were not the original characters! Spock and Chekov were well done from what I remember, but I cringed and everyone else in the film.

TNG is my favorite entry in the series, but HT making them wouldn't get me excited. They're too bland of figures for the price tag.

I guess it's because they're just dudes in clothes (even though that sounds goofy). To me they just aren't as interesting as other properties. Although the Kirk (Admiral designs ST 2, 3, and 4 era) uniforms are cool. I don't know the new movie was pretty cool. Ok, maybe I'd bite.

Back