Who wants Hot Toys Star Trek figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a huge Trek fan. However, I would consider figures from the new film IF each came with a part to assemble the bridge.

I have zero interest in any of the original TV series.

I hated it too and don't get all they hype around it. It felt shallow and empty and I'm sorry, those were not the original characters! Spock and Chekov were well done from what I remember, but I cringed and everyone else in the film.

TNG is my favorite entry in the series, but HT making them wouldn't get me excited. They're too bland of figures for the price tag.

TNG being my favorite, simple outfits may bring the prices down enough to make it easier to buy all characters ;). They can always add value in other forms too e.g. I Clyde with each character the section of the bridge that they work in.
But Locutus would be complex enough to be a DX :D

I'd take 'em all. But that said, Trek is not really a popular franchise outside of the US and Europe, and has always been a pretty big flop in the East...I doubt HT would do it unless they were REALLY looking at an international market and not their local one.

If the sculpts were right, I could definitely go for Shatner Kirk, Nimoy Spock, and Kelley Bones. Doubt I would spend the money for any of the rest of the crew, though. I do bet an Uhura could look fantastic if done by Hot Toys, though.

trek-crew-660.jpg

:lecture Yes, please! And I'd also be up for a Nero.

Hell yeah!
I'd be totally down for those.
Uhura...:monkey5

I have no interest in the new versions. Great movie, maybe the greatest Star Trek movie, but I usually prefer the more iconic depictions of characters on my shelf.

I noticed over at your site the article about HT's movie mutant figures, which was your way of revealing the announcement before it was announced. It says this...

" For the record, the Nightcrawler related question refers to the story we published titled "Hot Toys Reveals Nightcrawler!" which was in fact a made up story for April Fools. As you now realize, the story published earlier that day titled "Hot Toys Is Making Movie Mutants!" was based on truth, but was very playful. It was our way of breaking news we weren't supposed to know yet, months before it was officially announced. Keen-minded CTR readers will spot little hints like this all over the site..."

Is this thread your way of saying Hot Toys do have the Trek licence?

NERO ftw. A winner of a figure. Check out the bite marks on the right side of his skull from a Klingon guard dog. I'd be up for a Nero figure, most definitely.

star-trek-nero-poster.jpg

Is that what those are? Drove me crazy every time I watched that movie.

Any and all of the series/films etc. Although I don't know that HT would be interested, as they aren't visually that stunning. HT seems to gravitate towards more striking outfits.

Is that what those are? Drove me crazy every time I watched that movie.

Yeah, you'll notice at the beginning his ear is fine, then it's messed up later. There was a deleted scene where the Narada crew were captured by the Klingons and interrogated, and Nero later uses the same technique on Pike. I loved the look they had for the Klingons, they were somewhere between TOS and TNG but more..."evil" looking and with colored eyes.

I'd probably get Kirk and Spock (both original and new) at least, and definitely TNG if they decided on that too...

Maybe this thread is a good example of why we don't see more high-end products... everybody has a different cast or show they'd like to see figures from. Seems if you release one set; some will be happy but a larger set won't be and will wait for their preferred Trek figures.

Personally I'd buy high end figures from TOS, Wrath of Kahn, TNG or the new film. So I'm pretty easy to please :lol

I really hoped Dragon would do a good job with their TNG series; but at this time all we've seen were images and given a ridiculous price tag for DML quality.

Back