Which HT Alien is closest to the original/Giger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanceGavinDance

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm interested in finally getting a ht alien figure, but i really want whatever is the best representation of the original. I know there have been a ton made for the AvP films so i was just hoping someone could narrow it down for me. thank you!!

I'd say wait a bit longer - HT will do the Big Chap, it's only a matter of time. It should be this year, being the thirtieth anniversary and all.

I would say the closest looking to the original alien is there black coloured avp one.

63271_press01-001.jpg

You can get it without the grid on its head.
That said there have been rumours they will be doing the original alien anyway since they made kane and dallas.

I have both ALIENS versions - I think they're fantastic looking, despite a bit of artistic influence in the details.

ht_brownalien01.jpg

htalien02.jpg

alienvsvenom03.jpg

If your only interested in getting the original Alien right now I would wait a bit longer to see if HT is going to release one from the first movie.

I agree, it's only a matter of time.

It's not really "rumours" so much as it just makes sense for them to do it. I like to think that they're working out the details so that it's less prone to breakage, personally.

I'm SURE we'll see it at SDCC this year.

In the meantime, consider getting the Medicom, NECA or Marmit versions.

All fantastic, top notch representations of Giger's Alien.

The question does not compute. Hot Toys has yet to do any Alien that looks like Big Chap. I too anticipate him being revealed at SDCC, and since I will be there, I'll be among the first to order. :D

Predrhone, your brown Alien looks like he's taking a dump. Or is he giving birth to another "brown life form"?:lol

Doesn't Hot Toys have the license for it already? They gotta do it this year. It's either this year or bust. And it's gonna be the greates GIGER ALIEN EVERRRRRR!!!!

In my humble opinion the Medicom Alien is the best poseable representation available at the moment. If Hot Toys can make theirs like the custom Marmit that Sabres posted, then they'll take the top slot.

In my humble opinion the Medicom Alien is the best poseable representation available at the moment. If Hot Toys can make theirs like the custom Marmit that Sabres posted, then they'll take the top slot.

Seconded. It's a damn near perfect representation.

I'm not a fan of the NECA, because at no point in the actual film does the Alien look like that. It's like they've made a toy of a prop that was never seen. Cool in its own right, but not The Alien for me.

What I'd really like to see is a re-paint of the Medicom, posed like the Giger Museum costume (which is kind of how mine is currently posed) and with the mouth more tightly closed. I'd have a crack myself but I doubt very much I could find one cheap enough to sacrifice to my useless painting skills! I'd love to see an expert customizer have a go though.

Agree with what's been said.

1. HT has yet to do an alien that looks like Giger's creation, or one that is accurate, for that matter...
2. HT will make a Giger alien, however, it's anybody's guess whether it will be accurate or not.
3. Medicom's 12" figure, NECA 21" figure and Marmit's 24" statue are all fantastic representations of Giger's design with very small differences between them.

I was looking online for interesting photos of the Alien last week, and I found a few I hadn't seen before. I thought this one was particularly cool:

Alien.jpg

I guess it's a screen grab from the end of the film, but it's really well lit and doesn't look like any of the angles I remember from the film. I guess it could be when the lighting is in mid-strobe.

Anyway, next I stumbled across this one, which I think is from some of the Laserdisc stuff which didn't make it onto the Quadrilogy set:

Alien-TranslucentCowl.jpg

One for you fellas who enjoy seeing the skull! It would have been interesting if they'd gone with that look. I wonder how it would have influenced the design of the subsequent films?

Finally I saw this:

TranslucentAlien.jpg

I've no idea if that's a genuine photo from the Alien pre-production phase, but it's very interesting!

I doubt if any of the above photos are new to you guys, but I thought they were fascinating nonetheless. I know Medicom tried the transparent Alien, but I'd love to see someone have a more sensible looking attempt.

Some people would say it's not even close to the Aliens Alien, let alone the Alien Alien! ;)

The Alien Warrior from Aliens isn't close?

No.

Great pics DSD!
The first is on the Giger's Alien book. It's cool 'cause that is actually Bolaji Badejo in the suit, and not the stunt man, so the proportions are great.

Second one can be seen on the Quad set, from the Laser disc archives. Pretty cool. I guess it's a pause from filming. They had to design a special armature for Bolaji to rest while wearing the suit, I suppose this pic is from before they designed the harness/armature.

The third one is a pic of the translucent test-suit. Giger's and Scott's original vision was to make the suit transparent so that you could see all kinds of cables and bones through the "skin", but they could never come up with a material that was both transparent and could withstand the use without ripping. There was also an idea to fill the dome with maggots. That was quickly left behind though... :D

Back