Where can I buy Cobra Commander Snake Throne?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and Teemu you both sound like you could use a big virtual brotherly hug. So I'm sending you one. BTW congratulations on owning the Throne... that is one very impressive major accomplishment in life worthy of envy from every forum member on here. There is nothing else to aspire to in life because you own a Cobra Throne... I admit, it must be amazing to be you guys because you have a Cobra Throne... wow... A COBRA THRONE! You must hold your heads up high everyday. :D Now, can we move on...?

This whole "you snooze you lose" mentality is bs. Look, I understand, it was available for a long time and there was more or less enough to go around. But most people that missed the release, missed it for the same reason: they weren't even aware of the SS Joe line until they accidentally stumbled upon it. I'm not being an apologist for the people that missed out. I'm just not taking this hardline stance because you can't realistically say everyone had an equal opportunity.

This whole "you snooze you lose" mentality is bs. Look, I understand, it was available for a long time and there was more or less enough to go around. But most people that missed the release, missed it for the same reason: they weren't even aware of the SS Joe line until they accidentally stumbled upon it. I'm not being an apologist for the people that missed out. I'm just not taking this hardline stance because you can't realistically say everyone had an equal opportunity.

:exactly::goodpost: Of course some people don't have much to look forward to in life so they attempt to try to make people fell "less than" because they own The Cobra Throne!!!! LOL. :peace

Mike and Teemu you both sound like you could use a big virtual brotherly hug. So I'm sending you one. BTW congratulations on owning the Throne... that is one very impressive major accomplishment in life worthy of envy from every forum member on here. There is nothing else to aspire to in life because you own a Cobra Throne... I admit, it must be amazing to be you guys because you have a Cobra Throne... wow... A COBRA THRONE! You must hold your heads up high everyday. :D Now, can we move on...?

I never bragged about owning one,but I also didn't wait.... and
you're missing the point,but whatever.Somehow you think Sideshow is going to make a throne specially just for you when its completely impossible because of production costs.

You would be better off and would actually pay less for one on the secondary market then it would for Sideshow to produce 50 more pieces just to cater to collector's who missed out,which then would probably cost $500 or more.The less they produce,the higher the cost.

:exactly::goodpost: Of course some people don't have much to look forward to in life so they attempt to try to make people fell "less than" because they own The Cobra Throne!!!! LOL. :peace

:cuckoo: does it really matter or are you that upset?

You keep persisting that Sideshow should make more (which,AGAIN, will NOT happen)

All some us peeps are trying to tell you is that you're not going to see it again....So I'll wager you that $50

^^^Yeah, but some of you peeps went out of your way to act like *******s (maybe not you specifically) towards the guys that missed out; whatever the reason may have been; and want one now. Is it so bad that there are people out there that want one and aren't thrilled at the thought of the ridiculous secondary prices? I mean, some of you gush about the thing then turn around and mock the people that missed the release for wanting one. So what if people hold out hope the SS re-issues it, what does it matter to you? Or do you enjoy being in the special "Cobra throne" club. It's stupid. The guys that want it are Joe collectors/enthusiasts just like you. Can you blame them for wanting it? Can you blame them for not wanting to pay twice, three times the original price?

It doesn't matter what I say. Whatever the circumstances, they missed the release, so they're in the wrong as far as some of you are concerned. Completely bogus.

tkiv18;6014608[B said:
if people hold out hope the SS re-issues it, what does it matter to you? Or do you enjoy being in the special "Cobra throne" club.[/B].

It doesn't matter to me,nor it has anything to do with being in some special "throne club" :lol...but what good is hoping/holding out for something that is not going to happen? by then,the Throne could possibly go up higher in price,while people wait for Sideshow to re-release it.

I am pointing out that based on how production overseas works, with their MOQ requirement,Sideshow going back into production for the Throne just isn't going to happen.Also,Sideshow won't risk it again because it WAS a slow seller and was even sold at discount.

Guys like Tyson (if he's only joking about the price; or not, who knows?) are the reason people are hoping for a re-release. I mean, are you getting a lot of enjoyment out of that big brown box? There could be a dead cat in there for all you know. And what's the intent, to sit on it for 10 years then sell it? How fun!!

I get it, it's an investment and your right to do with it what you want. But bashing on people that missed out, want one now, and don't want to pay $400-$500-$700 is ridiculous.

The only reason I said anything to begin with is because of how harsh and ********ed some of you have been.

Very true that some people missed out on this because they weren't collecting the Joe line at the time of its release. I'm one of them. I didn't even know it existed until a couple months ago. However, with the quantity (and more importantly--quality) of the GI Joe figures being released now, I'm getting excited about starting a new collection line. The throne is a pretty impressive piece that if released today would have quite a few quick sales just because of all the upcoming Cobra figures. I'm to the point where if someone put one for sale around $250-300 I would probably jump on it--but $450-500 is ridiculous.

We do have a special group. It's called, "The Elite Cobra Throne Club".
Very exclusive membership.

You can have a nice collection without one, but it won't be Elite.

^^^I'd like to see your collection. You call it Elite, but I call bs.

4lyt.jpg

I'd take pics of all my figures, but the throne is taking up too much space.

Guys like Tyson (if he's only joking about the price; or not, who knows?) are the reason people are hoping for a re-release. I mean, are you getting a lot of enjoyment out of that big brown box? There could be a dead cat in there for all you know. And what's the intent, to sit on it for 10 years then sell it? How fun!!

I get it, it's an investment and your right to do with it what you want. But bashing on people that missed out, want one now, and don't want to pay $400-$500-$700 is ridiculous.

The only reason I said anything to begin with is because of how harsh and ********ed some of you have been.

you sound angry...and envious. both are dreadful traits which you should try to extinguish before they take hold of your life. if you are more positive, I bet the Throne will come your way at a reasonable price. and btw, I was joking about that selling price (I thought it would be obvious).

Very true that some people missed out on this because they weren't collecting the Joe line at the time of its release. I'm one of them. I didn't even know it existed until a couple months ago. However, with the quantity (and more importantly--quality) of the GI Joe figures being released now, I'm getting excited about starting a new collection line. The throne is a pretty impressive piece that if released today would have quite a few quick sales just because of all the upcoming Cobra figures. I'm to the point where if someone put one for sale around $250-300 I would probably jump on it--but $450-500 is ridiculous.

not to sound like a jerk but it's only going to raise in value slowly over time

We do have a special group. It's called, "The Elite Cobra Throne Club".
Very exclusive membership.

You can have a nice collection without one, but it won't be Elite.

I knew I was elite...I just knew it!

^^^Just to be clear, I was joking too. I was just using your comment/selling price as an example. Also, why would I be envious if I own the throne? Even if I didn't, that's a bit presumptuous. There are people that simply didn't want it. But you don't hear me bragging about it or acting self righteous, telling others "you snooze you lose" when I have no idea of their situation. Like I said, I was merely showing a little sympathy and understanding towards the guys that you and others are slamming for wanting one and not wanting to pay ridiculously inflated prices. I've paid secondary market prices for certain things and I can relate.

I buy toys for the pure enjoyment of it, and for that reason I always take them out of the box. You enjoy brown boxes; that's cool. I just don't see what problem you have with some of your fellow collectors; who missed out or got into the SS Joe game late; hoping to add a cool piece to their collection without having to pay some schmo (that's not directed at you) who buys toys just to sit on them and sell them later at jacked up prices.

That's all my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back