Where are the OG Freaks? Members from past 10+ years

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His YouTube is pituvision although his last video was a year ago.
Damn Pituvision is a throwback! His videos were hilarious and he always had a positive attitude. I think he had a kid and life just got busy for him so he took a step back from being as social in the hobby....that is what I pieced together from people that have followed him over the years.

As for me, been here since 2006, wow 17 years this year. I originally had a different username (which I cannot remember) and was very active in the late 2000s in terms of posting. Changed my username maybe 5+ years ago....and have always been active in viewing the boards and have phases where I post more and then not at all. But the forum has always been a great place to visit, it's nice to see a lot of the OGs are still around.

Last edited:
62 and still enjoying the hobby. I also do stuff other than collecting. I drive an awesome MINI that’s going to car Audio Nationals this year. Been working on that car since 2010 and it’s only gotten better over the years. All Audiotech Fischer equipment. Helix amps, *4 of them, Helix DSP Ultra, Helix Q12 W subwoofer and 10 Brax Matrix speakers. Not to mention the level of sound deadening which is insane….
I lurk mostly with occasional posts and mostly build my own figures from books I read or games I play… still playing video games on my kickass PlayStation 5. 😎👍🏼

Getting older is a fact of life. Growing up is just an option. One I’ve chosen not to do.

My original board name was “Hurtzdonut” I’ve been around 15 years “ish”…

Last edited:
OG reporting in...I lurk a lot though and haven't posted much over the years. I joined when I started collecting Hot Toys Aliens marines. I remember Les Walker, I can't remember how his sculpts and marine repaints ended up. Still enjoy the hobby and still wanting a re-do of Aliens Colonial Marines...

OG reporting in...I lurk a lot though and haven't posted much over the years. I joined when I started collecting Hot Toys Aliens marines. I remember Les Walker, I can't remember how his sculpts and marine repaints ended up. Still enjoy the hobby and still wanting a re-do of Aliens Colonial Marines...

Man, I remember a lot of us members chipping in to get Les’s Mum a chair when she wasn’t well. His hicks sculpt was great. I remember people always getting frustrated with custom artists and delays but there was a nice sense of community back then.

I have scaled down to almost only Exo-6 Star Trek at this point, and even then not all of the lines. It’s easy to stop being a completist after the first one in a line you miss. I stopped Star Wars due to all the double, triple, quadruple dipping HT is doing. I stopped GoT cold after the finale ended. Canceled all my preorders and sold what I had. It was like waking up from a fever dream. I have kept up my LEGO collection, but now just buy the adult models.

Man, I remember a lot of us members chipping in to get Les’s Mum a chair when she wasn’t well. His hicks sculpt was great. I remember people always getting frustrated with custom artists and delays but there was a nice sense of community back then.
Thats so cool. Always felt that community here.

I remember a few instances with the custom guys. i think it was dark artist, got major league backed up on some projects. Always made good though.

I only ever never got taken once. My custom gladiator 1/6 that I paid for. Forgot who commissioned that one. Wasnt Dark. Was a different guy forgot his name. Excellent artist though.

You guys remember that dude that sold hot toys direct through a thread back in the day? Bought OG cap jack and OG bale bats from that guy. Then something happened and he ended up probably over whelmed and I think got banned.

Thats so cool. Always felt that community here.

I remember a few instances with the custom guys. i think it was dark artist, got major league backed up on some projects. Always made good though.

I only ever never got taken once. My custom gladiator 1/6 that I paid for. Forgot who commissioned that one. Wasnt Dark. Was a different guy forgot his name. Excellent artist though.

You guys remember that dude that sold hot toys direct through a thread back in the day? Bought OG cap jack and OG bale bats from that guy. Then something happened and he ended up probably over whelmed and I think got banned.
Mista305 I think. I got my bank robber Joker through him.
From what I recall, he disappeared at some point while many people had already paid him for pre-orders.

The customizers here were really inspiring back then (and still are for the record, there are just a lot less). The build your marines correctly thread was what got me here (Hudson was my first HT), and I can't imagine that I would have gotten into 1:6 collecting and customizing as much as I did without this place.

The other side of the coin though is that sooo many customizers got in way over their head and ran with people's money still in their pockets. I think many really had no bad intentions from the start, but the end result was the same unfortunately. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 10, while there were probably many more.

yep. That was him. Mista305. Started my obsession in 1/6 along with all the great customizers. Started out with PFs and quickly ran out if space. Then went to HT. Like most of you guys still going strong collecting to this day.

I decided when I turn 50 next year I will be cutting down dramatically as I would rather DO stuff than collect stuff.
Get Both. Wife and I went to Europe last summer for two weeks.

I miss The Ween and Gruesam I think it was. Who was the bald muscular dude who made some sculpts? Shai Halud is banned I think?

There were some bad members too. One guy was in the air force and he was a customizer. He stiffed a lot of people for money. I remember a younger member who bragged about having so much and making fun of others who weren’t as fortunate.

Last edited:
There were was that one Canadian dude with a great collection forgot his name.

Not cheap owning a great collection in Canada which is weird and sad because it’s connected to the USA.

I could be wrong but wasn't the SS 1/6 GI Joe Dusty based on TheJosh? Maybe not him, but I remember at the time ppl were saying the Dusty sculpt was based off a member here. That could've just been said for laughs though and I just didn't pick up on it back then 🤔
Dusty was sculpted after Eric Bana. Then SS got all scared and painted the whole face brown instead of camo pattern.

And TheJosh was a dork. 😆

P!tu posts every now and then on Instagram.

The statue that brought sideshow to my attention was the 1/4 Iron Man Comiquette based on Adi's work. So, so, so good

Back