when company comes over.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah tyler there are plenty of women out there. it's not so much she had that opinion of them but the fact she didn't see or care about the fact that it was something you enjoyed, that should have been enough for her to support or at least not insult your hobby. huge red flag that she was selfish.

My wife sees how happy I am whenever a new piece comes in and my fascination with either putting together a 1/6 figure and all the futzing or opening up a statue and displaying it for some time while it just sits there :lol so she knows how much I care about my collectibles.

This year I sold a Doom PF Ex to help fund some of our wedding cost and she still feels very badly that I had to do that in order to raise some funds, so she constantly said that we need to get Mr. Doom back into my collection sometime soon. :monkey5

You need women or your better half to respect and have the equal balance on the hobby to make it work.

I have a lower level media room dedicated to my 1:6th figure hobby. I collect movie figures which I display movie posters, dvds etc. with my collection to round out the experience.

I am confident most folks who visit consider the hobby dorky and a waste of money. Good news is no one ever referred to my collection as dolls but as action figures :D

My Predator 1:1 and Lord of Darkness 1:1 busts stand out the most when folks enter my collection area.

Oh I can't wait to get started with 1:1 pieces, it will be definitely down the road once I get all the PF's caught up...

I tend to circulate a lot when I'm reviewing, but the ALIENS Power Loader still gets lots of admiring glances as do my trio of Sandtroopers (2 x Marmit + 1 Medi). But most people are far more into my pics hanging on the walls, like my original Spidey comic art and screen prints by Jamie Hewlett, Insect, Banksy, Coop and some old original advertising illustrations I have.
I find most people just don't get the 'toy' thing, but love the 'pop art', I see both as 'pop art'!

very interesting how different collections tend to show different points of interest and i totally agree that a proper/clean display will stimulate interest. even possibly in something that may of never spiked interest before

My family and friends are allways very respectful of my
collection but at the same time they know if they say
anything negative I'll open up a can of whoop ass..:lol.
My 1:1's always get the most attention espesialy the pred bust,
everybody loves that.

I agree with the posts that a good display makes ALL the difference.

Less is more. Eventually everyone here will encounter that situation as Abomination PFs, Thanos PFs, Planet Hulk PFs and other large pieces make their way to us. It's very easy to get caught in the hype here and buy stuff that you can't display. Also, it's very easy to get a lot of smaller pieces that when you add them up cost big money. Some of those Hot Toys 12" are nice and all, but at some point our collections will demand focus from us as owners.

If not careful it ALL looks like a hot mess sooner rather than later.

i totally agree but it's so hard to figure out where to cut and what to concentrate on. :confused::confused:
there's so many iconic characters out there from each line up, for me it's a fight between Star Wars, LOTR, and Marvel. just so much goodness out there to choose from.:banghead:banghead

Less is more. Eventually everyone here will encounter that situation as Abomination PFs, Thanos PFs, Planet Hulk PFs and other large pieces make their way to us. It's very easy to get caught in the hype here and buy stuff that you can't display. Also, it's very easy to get a lot of smaller pieces that when you add them up cost big money. Some of those Hot Toys 12" are nice and all, but at some point our collections will demand focus from us as owners.

Very good post by Solid,good points as to only concentrate on the main loves...

For me, it's a fight with the 1/6 figs versus what statues to get... not much of a action figure person though I usually go with the com's or the pf's. For the lines, Marvel, Star Wars, Terminator, Predator and GI JOE have to be the heavy hitters... Along with liking miscellaneous stuff like Street Fighter, He-Man figs and Transformers here and there...

That was very well stated. And a lesson I didn't learn. :(

My wife sees how happy I am whenever a new piece comes in and my fascination with either putting together a 1/6 figure and all the futzing or opening up a statue and displaying it for some time while it just sits there :lol so she knows how much I care about my collectibles.

This year I sold a Doom PF Ex to help fund some of our wedding cost and she still feels very badly that I had to do that in order to raise some funds, so she constantly said that we need to get Mr. Doom back into my collection sometime soon. :monkey5

You need women or your better half to respect and have the equal balance on the hobby to make it work.

sounds like you have an awesome and understanding wife.

"Mr. Doom" lol

I keep my statues and pf's in my "dining room" without a table behind glass and keep my few toys (1/6 and he-man) away from most eyes in my "office". The few people that have seen it don't know what to say as they've never seen anything like this stuff.

But I have a few curios also in other areas of my home. Just keep it classy. You got to be able to afford nice cabinets/shelves in addition to awesome Collectibles.

Sorry for the multiple posts, texting from my iPhone.

Last edited:
I just go with the ladies. I have the AH! X-women on my fireplace mantle. Emma, Rogue, and Black Queen. I also have the Mystique PF up there until the AH! comiquette arrives. The rest of my pieces are displayed in my room. The people that visit (who like them) always ask me if I received any new pieces. If I did, I take them to my room so they can see them. The others just comment on how hot the ladies are and that's the end of it. Everyone is very respectful. I mean, most people all have a hobby or collect something. This is just what we like to do.

Most people are intrigued by the Doom PF. That only if the door is open for people to even see in my collection room.

I just go with the ladies. I have the AH! X-women on my fireplace mantle. Emma, Rogue, and Black Queen. I also have the Mystique PF up there until the AH! comiquette arrives. The rest of my pieces are displayed in my room. The people that visit (who like them) always ask me if I received any new pieces. If I did, I take them to my room so they can see them. The others just comment on how hot the ladies are and that's the end of it. Everyone is very respectful. I mean, most people all have a hobby or collect something. This is just what we like to do.

Yup. I have a best bud that collects guns and another that collects ink/tattoos. They understand my desire to get more and the best/coolest.

I keep my statues and pf's in my "dining room" without a table behind glass and keep my few toys (1/6 and he-man) away from most eyes in my "office". The few people that have seen it don't know what to say as they've never seen anything like this stuff.

But I have a few curios also in other areas of my home. Just keep it classy. You got to be able to afford nice cabinets/shelves in addition to awesome Collectibles.

Sorry for the multiple posts, texting from my iPhone.

i agree that cabinets and shelves are a must if you want a good display..but they are too expensive ,i speak for the acrylic cases for the wooden:eek::eek:,especially with huge statues like hulk ..

Back