What's your collection cost you? Let's see who's the biggest Star Wars fan :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most expensive 'item' in my collection is my Darth Vader costume. I've sunk somewhere around 6-8 grand into that alone. It breaks down, it gets worn, it gets repaired, repainted, parts need replacing... And the endless batteries...

Sounds like an RC car :)

I think you would have gotten better responses if you did not add the "who's the biggest SW fan here?" part in your title.

You could have someone who does not have much money and thus owns very little or nothing SW but yet still lives and breaths the films, books, and games.

Perhaps it's the person who named their kids Luke and Leia.

Perhaps the guy with the million $ collection "likes" SW but loves collecting SW

And so on and so forth.

I got what you ment but I was not surprised by some of the responses. The title should have read. "who could feed a third world country if they sold off their SW collection?" ;););)

My best friend named his second son Lucas. First thing he said to him when he was born was, "Luke...I am your father."

I'm pretty sure the name was chosen just so he could do that. He didn't laugh when I told him he got the line wrong. :lol

bdddrevil121608.jpg

I think you would have gotten better responses if you did not add the "who's the biggest SW fan here?" part in your title.

You could have someone who does not have much money and thus owns very little or nothing SW but yet still lives and breaths the films, books, and games.

Perhaps the guy with the million $ collection "likes" SW but loves collecting SW

And so on and so forth.

I got what you ment but I was not surprised by some of the responses. The title should have read. "who could feed a third world country if they sold off their SW collection?" ;););)

Good point. Thanks.

Is there a way I can edit the title?

My best friend named his second son Lucas. First thing he said to him when he was born was, "Luke...I am your father."

Hey that's cheating.

I actually did name my son Luke and back on topic, my SW collection is in the 6 figure range. :monkey3

my wife and I are expecting twins in about 1 month (boy & girl).

I tried for Luke & Leia, but my better half would not go for it.

btw, I am looking for the faux bronze emporer vs yoda, if anyone is looking to sell for a "reasonable" mark up.

My collection started off as mostly mini busts and 1/6th scale and until the last year I wasn't into anything bigger than that. I would say my collection is probably easily under 5k

my wife and I are expecting twins in about 1 month (boy & girl).

I tried for Luke & Leia, but my better half would not go for it.

Good for her... there is only so far fandom should go :lecture

When my wife was pregnant she visited a message board and this one girl posted about how angry she was her husband would not let her name their child "Twilight" :lol

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I've been all over the place regarding SW collectibles. I've gone through GG busts, Sideshow 1/6 figures, Sideshow PFs, Sideshow 1:1 busts, Kenner figures and 1:1 helmets.

Some I've sold off along the way as my tastes have changed. I don't want to think what I've spent over the years, but I have enjoyed the ride.

Hey that's cheating.

I actually did name my son Luke and back on topic, my SW collection is in the 6 figure range. :monkey3

Hell yeah!

Now this is what I was talking about :)

Come on, pix pleeeeaaasse?

Huge Star Wars fan here! Not only because I collect, but I been a fan of the movies, books etc for over 30 years. Now my two boys are big fans and it's great sharing the interest with them. As for my collection like most I sold almost every Hasbro item I owned and now I collect GG bust, various art, MR/EFX sabers and helmets, SS Premium formats, bust and some 1/6 scale figures I have 10 SW PF's and counting. Besides the statues The bigger pieces I own are the Vader 1:1 bust, Vader Legend Helmet and MR ROTS Vader helmet. I have spent about 15K so far and I don't see any stopping in the near future. There is so much good stuff coming out with the new legend line with EFX and some classic PF's coming, The Droids, Chewie etc . As long as I still have a job and the passion is there I should be collecting for many more years.

I probably have $2000 worth of Starwars collection of toys & couple statues with 1 of them being Darth Talon PF EX.

I have no idea what my collection is worth. I have about 1,000 hasbro 3/4 inch figures, 120 12 inch figures (mix of SSC and Hasbro), the 93 vintage figures (loose), 22 PFs, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff and the six foot millennium falcon. It's priceless to me AND my six year old self :)

Here's a few somewhat outdated pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1200027673854.74093.1023405728&type=3&l=f3cb2233b6

Thanks is one of the classiest setups I've ever seen.

Looks FANTASTIC!

I don't think there's any way to realistically account for everything I've spent on Star Wars. I got most people beat, but the truth is a few years ago I realized that my collecting is so gianormous that I will NEVER be able to display all of it. So I've been thinning it out here and there.

Nothing yet but breaking into the ranch this week with a couple of trucks. That should increase my status.

Back