What's the most you've ever paid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You not much into HT? That's a pretty low price for most collectors here.

I vote with my wallet. HT are way too expensive for me. They're nice but not worth the price. I only have Nolan Batman stuff. Six official releases, a kitbashed Scarecrow that cost ~$200, and a kitbashed Blake that cost $110. My other favorite franchises are represented with Kenner/Hasbro (SW; Indy), Playmates (ST: TNG), Toy Biz (Xena; one day LotR), Mattel (Avatar: The Last Airbender), McFarlane (Spawn), Mego, Medicom, and SSC (PotA).

It's a hodge podge of quality but I like it.

Wow, so scratch aside, is the huge and unwieldy HT 89 Batmobile really worth it? It's just too massive in my opinion...

It's worth every dollar IMO. Especially for big Batman and Batman Returns fans.

The scratch isnt really a scratch. It was more like a scuff mark and I dont notice or even look for it anymore.

$2400 on a Cinemaquette T-800 endo. Didn't really regret it, but ended up selling it after a couple years. I always felt like it was too much money to have tied up in something so fragile.

I vote with my wallet. HT are way too expensive for me. They're nice but not worth the price. I only have Nolan Batman stuff. Six official releases, a kitbashed Scarecrow that cost ~$200, and a kitbashed Blake that cost $110. My other favorite franchises are represented with Kenner/Hasbro (SW; Indy), Playmates (ST: TNG), Toy Biz (Xena; one day LotR), Mattel (Avatar: The Last Airbender), McFarlane (Spawn), Mego, Medicom, and SSC (PotA).

It's a hodge podge of quality but I like it.

Agreed HT are very expensive for essentially a bit of plastic & fabric but the appreciation on the aftermarket for second hand HT figs is pretty good.
I would say for example: Buy 10 random new HT figs, keep them for a year and then sell them on. You would either make a profit or a slight loss but there would not be much in it.
You might make a big profit as well if some of the figs become super rare once there only available on the aftermarket.

Maybe. Honestly I was hoping that I'd come home from the theater after seeing TG and order but I was disappointed with the movie so I held off.

I wonder how long you have to decide, they have to be getting close to selling out.

I did not love the movie either, but do love the Endo so did not matter much for me. Most people would not know which version it was anyway(assuming you left the plaque in the box of course:lol)

I wonder how long you have to decide, they have to be getting close to selling out.

I did not love the movie either, but do love the Endo so did not matter much for me. Most people would not know which version it was anyway(assuming you left the plaque in the box of course:lol)

It's been eating me up inside, believe me.

I was the same with the movie, but the CC endo was too awesome to pass up. I've always wanted one, and it's the most accurate one out there. Plus, getting the $500 off and free gun helped push me into making a quick decision.

Yes it is 1/6 scale and because it was made by a artist named Betomatali all of his figures are hand made by scratch. This is the only figure I found on ebay and had to buy it cause I knew I wouldn't see it ever again. Very hard to find especially on ebay.

Sideshow's Buffy with Throne, for $600. I also just started purchasing statues, but I feel I started strong with this one!

Hmmm..... I will go by price from each line I collect.

Star Wars 3.75 - $250 on Millennium Falcon, thing is huge and is very awesome. As far as single figure goes.... probably around $50 for Revan.

Star Wars 6" - $40 on Black Series Vader, then $30 on Black Series Yoda. Rest have all been under $20

Transformers - $100 on Omega Supreme, that will soon change as I plan on making more MP purchases to come.

WWE Mattel 6" - $100 twice. Ringside Exclusive Kane and a Custom Goldberg. The Kane I feel pretty stupid for paying that much, Goldberg was good value but leg broke off. Next most was $80, $55, then the rest are under $30, majority are at retail price of $20 or below.

Funko - $10 :lol Might spend a little bit more for a exclusive. $20 is my limit on these now.

Marvel Legends - Soon to be $75-80 on a BAF Hulkbuster.

Walking Dead McFarlane - Soon to be $110 on Negan (pretty mad I passed on him for $30... will come to bite me soon)

SSC Star Wars - $250 on Grievous.

Hot Toys - $350 Hulk and Banner Set. Single figure is $300 for Mark 42.

Statues - I have the Batman Dark Knight PF on PO, so, that will be my most expensive piece.

Honestly I don't think price always goes with quality. Actually, size is even more often not linked to how much I like a figure either. I have plenty of pieces I like better than bigger / more expensive ones. If anything, any defect or sore point is going to be more obvious on a bigger piece.

As for me, I think my most expensive was close to $400.

Right now, most I've paid for stuff are the two custom Edge of Tomorrow exo suits/figures from Woodrob/Scaletta Studios. Approx $500 each not including clothing, bodies etc.

Last edited:
Howdy ladies and what I assume to be mostly gents!

Anyways, I recently dropped about $511 USD on a new Hot Toys DX11! It's my second Hot Toys ever and my most expensive ever!

Anyways, I don't regret paying that much for it since I think the figure is amazing, but it got me thinking...what's the most you have ever dropped for a collectible and did you have any regrets???

Any collectible? $22,000 for Hulk #1.

Back