What's the most you've ever paid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slap 2K on that and get Comicave's 1/4-scale Hulkbuster :wink1:

Especially valuable because they probably won't release it.

That's English pounds right? :) I'd love to pay that price now :)

paid 6k USD... for Sideshow Life-size Terminator Endoskeleton... It was like an extra car payment for awhile... But when it showed up it was like a new member of the family... One of the things my wife even loves :lol and one of the only pieces I worry about insuring.

Now doing the same for the HCG Life-size ALIENS Warrior! :horror

I just need a Predator 2 now and it's Game over man :rock

For 1/6 I guess it was Hot toys Iron Monger... bought it after it was sold out but I got back what I paid for it... I think it was around $500.

Last edited:
I spent 6000 euros on a sideshow lifesize endo 2.0 which I have no regrets but I stupidly bought the HT IM stealth and paid 780 dollars for it, I regretted it the minute I took it out the box as it wasn't worth it IMO.

Just under $1000 me_m8-4.jpg

Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile $529 ($100 scratch credit from BBTS)

If we're just talking about a figure. Then its the Enterbay Robocop 1/4 scale $450

Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile $529 ($100 scratch credit from BBTS)

If we're just talking about a figure. Then its the Enterbay Robocop 1/4 scale $450

Wow, so scratch aside, is the huge and unwieldy HT 89 Batmobile really worth it? It's just too massive in my opinion...

Hey, as long as you're a diehard fan and it's worth it to you then that's all that matters!

:)
If you want the correct scale, it has to be that big. For the money nothing comes close, it is actually a bargain for the size. I am not a 1/6 figure collector anymore, but still have the Batmobile. It looks great with figures or on its own.

Is that a 1/6th scale? And why was it so bloody expensive?!

You're new to the hobby, aren't you? If there's one thing you'll learn fast is that custom figures cost huge amounts of money at retail, and then shoot up on the secondary market. Beto and Rainman figures can cost up to $1000. Customs are expensive to make, I won't get into that because there are too many reasons...

Rainman figures go at $2000 - $3000 on the secondary market regularly. The most I know of is a DX Willy Wonka selling for $6000 second hand.

There's one guy who commissioned three Boardwalk Empire figures from Rainman, one of a kind pieces. They cost him $5000 each.

1/6 = Morheus Sunohc and Kato figure. £500 ($780). Yes, it was a lot. Yes, I don't care because I love it. I buy what I fall in love with.

I'm lucky enough to have a few hundred autographs and props too. My fav autos are ironically the most expensive ones - I have 3x Walt Disney and 3x Marilyn Monroe. Collecting is expensive but very rewarding. At least you can get some of your money back if something goes wrong - unlike drugs and alcohol. . . and kids :)

Most I spent on a figure was $220. That was the 2011 Toy Fair Batman Begins figure by Hot Toys. I had missed the original release. No regrets. No rubber issues.

The most I overpaid for a figure is another story. My dad and I spent $100 for the 12" furry Chewbacca from the '90s Collector Series. It was incredibly rare upon release and I never saw one on the shelf at retail before or after the purchase. Of course it's crap by today's standards and they eventually did a Boussh's Bounty version that made the second hand market price of the original plummet. Still love that figure though.

Back