What's the advantage of buying from SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aside from the SS Exclusives, is there any benifit to purchase items from sideshow?

I'm just curious, because every time a figure that peaks my interest comes out, it's usually 20-40 dollars cheaper on AE. So why do people spend the extra money to buy from SS? (do they ship before other US retailers?)

Still new to this thing, so this is a sincere question.

:dunno

great Customer service as well. And yes, they ship about 2-3 weeks earlier then most retailers (because those retailers get them from SS).

And since they are an "official" dealer for HTs, any QC issues can easily be handled by them

I agree with most of what has been said, though I've had recent issues with Sideshow customer service not quite living up to expectations, as they don't seem to stand by the quality of their products past the 30 days after you initially receive an item. Not that you will get any better from a secondary retailer, but I'm just not the SSC cheerleader I once was in this regard. Exclusives are really the main attraction. Reward Points are nice, but the discounts you can get elsewhere in most cases outweighs that. SSC also provides shipping discounts because they ship in bulk through UPS and Fed Ex.

The biggest reason why I use SS is I feel safer. I think they're more likely to stand behind their product and step in if there is a problem.

In regards to quality control issues, any authorized Sideshow Retailer will work with you to resolve issues related to their products or the products that they distribute, including Hot Toys. We have a great track record of getting replacement Hot Toys parts, boxes and complete figures for customers via Sideshow, and we're happy to do it.

Yeah the 5% rewards points aren't enough for me to buy anything other than exclusives through Sideshow. I can get a better price elsewhere. A 10% discount is pretty significant when I look at everything I buy over the course of the year. My Sideshow retailer can get me the same replacement Sideshow does. It really depends on what you value the most. Some people love the peace of mind you might get from ordering direct, but price is the most important factor for me.

*free plug* Alter Ego is great to buy from, by the way. They are really my primary go-to if I'm not buying directly from SSC or eBay. They are currently helping me out with an issue with a damaged box :hi5:

Rewards points - Exclusives . Done

Nailed it!!!:goodpost: But for me its exclusives because im in another country so my rewards might shade of a little on the postage but nothing compared to my local retailer.

Well for example.
Bane is around what? $184-$189 @ SSC? ok but he got free shipping in the US. now Bane is $177 I believe @ BBTS.. cheaper than Sideshow BUT you got to pay shipping. so after the math, it turns out is only like $4 cheaper than Sideshow. YET you do not get any points (rewards) with BBTS like you do with SSC that you can use in future products. That is why I am switching a bit. back then I was all BBTS, now i share both.

True but I'd take added protection during shipping included in my shipping charge than have to pay extra or worry about it getting dinged up w/o the "pack out" by the amazingly careful handlers at UPS just for some reward points

There are other authorized Sideshow retailers, other than BBTS, that are just as reputable that offer better discounts. I don't buy much of anything from BBTS unless it's on clearance.

I used to buy from BBTS all the time for other things. Now that I am getting into the Hot Toys stuff, I buy from SSC. Mainly to get the reward points, free shipping (if offered), and no tax. I live in WI where BBTS is located and get stuck paying the tax on orders from them.

I think the SS reward point system is a total joke and don't know why some of you think its so great. I have dropped $2000 in 2 years through them and that got me a whopping $74 in reward dollars. Not even enough to buy a single decent figure.
Take the average percentage saved elsewhere and you will have 3-4 times as much money. The exclusives are hit and miss and mostly miss and miss....so it depends. I buy SS if its an exclusive I want, but generally think other retailers are serving people better including the shipping boxes as noted.
Not even $100 in credit after $2000 spent?? That's just impossible to get excited about.

Pretty much same as what others have said.

1. Reward points
2. Exclusives
3. Customer Service has been excellent for me.
4. Not sure about this but I believe you have 30 days satisfaction guarantee. If product doesnt live up to your expectation, you can ship it back and get your money back.
5. I've never had any damage figure come in even with just the brown shipping box.
6. I feel much safer buying from SS than a couple of sellers who sells a little cheaper but has their site hacked and had stolen credit card accounts.
7. FIRST TO GET THE FIGURES. :yess:
8. Since us SS customers get it first, we get to :moon the waiters.

Back