What's the advantage of buying from SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I don't really have a one and only place I buy from. I go with whatever feels right at the time. I usually use AE as my "go to" place but I don't really care. I've got 4 orders at SS, 2 at AE and 2 at BBTS. Only time it's a for sure deal of going with SS is if I want and exclusive. All 3 of those mentioned have given me great CS so no reason to feel to go to one place exclusively.

If you're in California nothing except if it's an exclusive you can't get elsewhere. After taxes and shipping the "toy" your buying loses some of it's luster.
TDK's Gordon would run me somewhere between $257 and $260. If it wasn't an exclusive I could get it for $237-$240 somewhere else.

Nothing except EX if you live in CA.

And reward points mean nothing when you can get the item 20% cheaper elsewhere.

Usually it's not worth buying straight from sideshow, IMO.

Other than exclusives, the only other time I will buy from them is for items that I am worried might come damaged.

For example, when I finally decide to buy the Indiana Jones Tanis environment, I will get it from SSC because there are so many things that could break. I want to know that I'm covered.

For example, when I finally decide to buy the Indiana Jones Tanis environment, I will get it from SSC because there are so many things that could break. I want to know that I'm covered.

I purchased the Imperial Throne from a retailer and it arrived broken. Sideshow sent the retailer a replacement, and the retailer sent the replacement to me.

Actually, a UPS man came to my door one evening and asked if I had a package for him, I said "Uh. . . no??" and he briefly explained someone had arranged for a return service, and I just assumed it was for the Throne, so I gave it to him, and lo and behold, a replacement showed up a few days later. An odd turn of events to be sure, but one I was completely satisfied with.

Moral of the story, you don't NEED to buy from Sideshow to be covered.

Shipping to Oz is half the price thru SSC thanks to their fedex arrangement - but oftentimes it's still cheaper to use POL with BBTS, who also pack their stuff really well. Exclusives, meh, rewards points meh.

Pretty much same as what others have said.

1. Reward points
2. Exclusives
3. Customer Service has been excellent for me.
4. Not sure about this but I believe you have 30 days satisfaction guarantee. If product doesnt live up to your expectation, you can ship it back and get your money back.
5. I've never had any damage figure come in even with just the brown shipping box.
6. I feel much safer buying from SS than a couple of sellers who sells a little cheaper but has their site hacked and had stolen credit card accounts.
7. FIRST TO GET THE FIGURES. :yess:
8. Since us SS customers get it first, we get to :moon the waiters.

All these :goodpost:

1-3 being the most important to me.

Actually, a UPS man came to my door one evening and asked if I had a package for him, I said "Uh. . . no??" and he briefly explained someone had arranged for a return service, and I just assumed it was for the Throne, so I gave it to him, and lo and behold, a replacement showed up a few days later. An odd turn of events to be sure, but one I was completely satisfied with.

Moral of the story, you don't NEED to buy from Sideshow to be covered.

That would've sucked if UPS wasn't there for the throne, and you gave it to them. :rotfl

Being in CA, I rarely by from SS unless its an EX, like TDK Gordon, or a high end item, like a PF or Batmobile. The higher MSRP plus CA sales tax kills it. The discounts that most other retailers have items for is cheaper, even when you include the points. Also, since SS has been a 'free shipping' binge lately, the points are worthless on most singe figure Hot Toys.

Back