WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the money hadn't gone into SSW collectibles, most of it would probably have gone into the Games Workshop miniatures I was collecting before this, and in another UC sword or two. Or books. Maybe I'd actually have saved up some money.

I would have just spent it blown it all on Booze and Chicks!

Me too! I wonder how many thousands of dollars I spent in college on that very thing... The numbers would blow your mind (I went out like 5 nights a week).

Seriously, I probably would bought a lot more DVD's over the last year.

And I bet a lot of people haven't seen Notorious.

No way! Notorious is one of Hitch's most popular movies (It's even #121 on the IMDB top 250 favorite movies). I do agree on Suspicion, though.

My favorite Hitch movies are Rear Window and Vertigo. I really went out on a limb with those 2 choices right?:lol Seriously, I do think those 2 are regarded so highly for a reason. As far as his lesser known films go, I really like Rope a lot. The way they shot that film without cuts was very cool. Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out.

Only thing I can think of is that I'd have more clothes and thousands more pounds!

I most likely would have bought a much more expensive car then the one I'll be getting now, the statues I bought all went out of the savingsaccount I had to get a new car. As for the time... most likely would have been more into the computergames that have been release over the last 3 years, so no major changes for me really. :p

My computer would be alot faster if it hadnt been for all this LOTR. I might also actually have saved.....aha who am I kiddin? I never save :lol

I likely would have just spent it all on other stuff, like clothes or my garden or any other of a million things that would never have brought me as much satisfaction.

This is actually been a good experience for my - I've learned that there are many things I CAN live without, and will likely continue to live without them going forward, putting the money saved into savings or a 401k. And using some of it to pick up SSW/Weta pieces I don't have.

I've only been collecting Weta for about the last year and a half, but anyway . . .

If I hadn't been buying these statues, I'd probably still have been collecting Star Wars stuff instead (and I'll be moving onto Sideshow's Star Wars line now that the Rings line is ending). But I'd also have a much nicer car right now, and probably nicer furniture, too. And I wouldn't be dreading my upcoming move nearly so much! ;)

It's just occurred to me..... I'd prolly have a much larger Royal Selangor collection :drool :drool :drool they make luvverly pewter goblets.

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Tough question. One thing is for sure , I would have wasted the money someway with stuff like travels, restaurants, cinema, night clubs, drinks, etc. So I'm kind of happy that I have spent it with something material, that will last 'till the end of my life, but I'm getting to a point that what I have is almost enough, and I don't plan on buying that amount of statues for the next coming years.
I'm out of Narnia, Kong and SS 1/4, I will still get some GG pieces and other stuff here and there.

Back