Where would you spend your money if you weren't collecting figures and statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine if you weren't interested in collecting or if these figures and statues didn't exist. Where would your money be?

If I could do it all over again, more gardening. Food insecurity is a big problem in lots of places around the world. And it wouldn't take much to tip over practical food access here in the US. I'd like to be more self reliant in that regard. So, doing the math behind it, the early investment is not cheap. Not if you want good scalable utility. However it's a very calming activity. Doing stuff in the yard/garden is peaceful. Also you know what's going into your vegetables and fruits. And over the long haul, the food production is useful and would be cost efficient over time.

I suspect it's a psychological / mental / emotional boost, that you can see the fruits of your labor. You put in hard work and there is some tangible return. You can see the difference every day. Whereas if you are in a cubicle, just making some billionaire even wealthier, you don't really see the return on your blood, sweat, stress and toil. I also have heard it's a type of "active meditation", where your mind can kind of lock in, focus and you get into a zone, and a lot of other life stressors can escape you for a while.

All men need a form of daily solitude. Sure you don't want to detach from functioning society completely, but being alone IMHO helps you with all your other life related problem solving. What choice do you have? If you are going to spend a lot of time alone, well, you better like yourself as a person first, or it's going to be a long long ride.

If I could do it all over again, more gardening. Food insecurity is a big problem in lots of places around the world. And it wouldn't take much to tip over practical food access here in the US. I'd like to be more self reliant in that regard. So, doing the math behind it, the early investment is not cheap. Not if you want good scalable utility. However it's a very calming activity. Doing stuff in the yard/garden is peaceful. Also you know what's going into your vegetables and fruits. And over the long haul, the food production is useful and would be cost efficient over time.

I suspect it's a psychological / mental / emotional boost, that you can see the fruits of your labor. You put in hard work and there is some tangible return. You can see the difference every day. Whereas if you are in a cubicle, just making some billionaire even wealthier, you don't really see the return on your blood, sweat, stress and toil. I also have heard it's a type of "active meditation", where your mind can kind of lock in, focus and you get into a zone, and a lot of other life stressors can escape you for a while.

All men need a form of daily solitude. Sure you don't want to detach from functioning society completely, but being alone IMHO helps you with all your other life related problem solving. What choice do you have? If you are going to spend a lot of time alone, well, you better like yourself as a person first, or it's going to be a long long ride.

maybe just take up farming so you have food security while making money. farm for sales, home farm for self, this would allow lower cost for the home farm also self sufficient utilities. wind & solar power, underground water, ham radio, while making ammo for past time. But no one expected where we heading.

the dream house fund would go up just a little quicker but otherwise not much else would be different for me. I can't really say more traveling as the only reason I don't do much of that is b/c of my work schedule, not b/c I'm spending money on collectibles.

lap dances
1703035893758.gif

Back