Detolf back glass suddenly exploded!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, for those that either don't use detolfs or have switched away, what is the current equivalent you use?
Combination of Bestas and cube shelves.

LegitimateCircularHornshark-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Actually they're $80. Their site still says $129.99, but I picked one up 2 weeks ago at my local Ikea and it was $79.99. And no, there wasn't a sale going on.
Not at my store, they haven't been below a hundred bucks since 2021. $110 in January and I know I've seen it higher since then-

DWqfQWl.jpg

Not at my store, they haven't been below a hundred bucks since 2021. $110 in January and I know I've seen it higher since then-

DWqfQWl.jpg
I was expecting to pay $129.99, but I got a nice surprise when I checked out. I'm surprised that prices aren't consistent across all Ikea stores. There are 72 in stock at my Ikea right now (Canton, MI). Maybe they are phasing them out and they're priced to move, or perhaps the ones here are all the newer design (thinner shelves) and the price reflects that?

SCAN0065.JPG

I was expecting to pay $129.99, but I got a nice surprise when I checked out. I'm surprised that prices aren't consistent across all Ikea stores. There are 72 in stock at my Ikea right now (Canton, MI). Maybe they are phasing them out and they're priced to move, or perhaps the ones here are all the newer design (thinner shelves) and the price reflects that?

View attachment 651394
Yes, I think they are phasing them out in favour of the Blaliden. The Detolf is no longer on the Australian website.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/search/?q=Detolf

Yes, I think they are phasing them out in favour of the Blaliden. The Detolf is no longer on the Australian website.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/search/?q=Detolf
I wonder why they'd bother changing the shelf thickness if it was going to be phased out in due course? Seems a bit odd. I guess it's a cost save, but if you're discontinuing the product it won't be much of one.

I wonder why they'd bother changing the shelf thickness if it was going to be phased out in due course? Seems a bit odd. I guess it's a cost save, but if you're discontinuing the product it won't be much of one.
Yeah, I think I will be buying up a few if they really are phasing out.

There are tons of links on Google about it being discontinued going back 10+ years so I’m guessing it’s a case of constant evolving and maybe Blaliden is indeed the replacement. So now I need to think about what I’m going to do with my 18 gulp Detolfs. Do I buy the last few at my local, sell them all off and go Moducase or come up with my own solution. Leaning towards the latter.

There are tons of links on Google about it being discontinued going back 10+ years so I’m guessing it’s a case of constant evolving and maybe Blaliden is indeed the replacement. So now I need to think about what I’m going to do with my 18 gulp Detolfs. Do I buy the last few at my local, sell them all off and go Moducase or come up with my own solution. Leaning towards the latter.
I was going to say I was stunned by how many Detolfs you have, but a quick count has me at 14 after that last one I purchased. And that's not counting a couple of cabinets I repurposed for action figure display. I think we both have a problem lol...

I'm curious, for those that either don't use detolfs or have switched away, what is the current equivalent you use?
I have a shelving unit that’s open. Not for everyone and it is prone to dust but I like it. I have this one.

SUPERJARE Triple 4 Tier Bookshelf, Bookcase with 11 Open Display Shelves, Wide Book Shelf Book Case for Home & Office, Vintage Brown https://a.co/d/dqJZK2i

I was going to say I was stunned by how many Detolfs you have, but a quick count has me at 14 after that last one I purchased. And that's not counting a couple of cabinets I repurposed for action figure display. I think we both have a problem lol...
Haha, I will not speak for you but yes I most def have a problem.

But it’s a problem I really really enjoy having so for me, it’s def not a problem lol.

Back