What was your first Star Wars movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if it was 77 since I would have been 3 at the time so I assume it was a re-release the next year? No clue but what I do remember is that my dad took me to see Star Wars (not a ANH) when I was really young. I can still remember buying my first figure, a Darth Vader, at a local JC Penny's sometime after that as well....

Empire has more lasting memories for me since I was a bit older.... At-Ats, Yoda, "I am your father"... :panic:

I still remember walking out of the theatre and asking my dad "Is it true??" :lol

Empire has the strongest memories for me as well. I must have been 11 or so at the time and my parents promised me they'd buy me an AT-ST if I got a hatrick during that weekends soccer game. Sure enough I scored the 3 goals and we bought the AT-ST on the way home after pizza.

August, 1977. I was seven years old and my dad was on a year long Army tour in Korea. I missed him, bad. My mom took me to see it to cheer me up. STAR WARS (Ep 4) changed my life.

I wonder if there is anybody here who saw Caravan of Courage first :lol

bearhug.gif

My first time was "Return of the Jedi", in 1983. It was in the only theater in Knoxville, TN that had surround-sound, etc. I still remember how real it seemed when a ship moved from back to front of the theater! Goodtimes!

A theater near our house was showing ANH just before the release of ESB. My dad took me, cause I was having a hard time from our resent move to CA. I was 6, & really missing the family we left on the east coast. I didn't see ESB in theaters (until the Special Edition), but I did see ROTJ.

I am a lucky guy with great parents. I saw A New Hope which was simply Star Wars, the week it opened. I was a couple months shy of being 8 years old. My Mom took my brother and I to see ESB and ROTJ both on opening day. I loved Star Wars then and still love it today. Tears welled up when I first saw the Millennium Falcon in TFA. It was like seeing an old friend again.

First was in 1977. Pickwick Drive-In theater in Burbank, CA.
I wasn't even in grade school yet but I remember it very well. One of the best times I had watching a movie with my family and cousins. We had several cars parked together in a row. I can still remember the infamous scroll at the intro. It simply read 'Star Wars' and Han not only shot first... he was the ONLY ONE WHO SHOT! LOL!

I saw the original STAR WARS in 1977. No Episodes, A New Hope or anything, it was just STAR WARS!! Saw it at the UA Twin in Cerritos, Ca.
Scarred me for life, in a very good way. Saw Empire three years later on Saturday of opening weekend, every other film has been either midnight screenings or opening day. Rogue One is next!!

Lines around the corners in 1977 when I was 6, waited a couple of hours with my mother & father to get into the theatre. Hooked ever since it blew my mind away.

Empire Strikes Back at a theater in Effingham, IL. I was 7. My mom says dad took me to see Star Wars in '77 but sadly I don't remember it.

Back when Empire Strikes Back was released, one of the local cinemas showed a New Hope and Empire double bill.
I was 7 years old and my older brother brought me to see both movies. That started my love for everything Star Wars.

Back