What Star Trek character/s should QMx do next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Star Trek character/s should QMx do next?

• Kirk & Spock (Mirror Universe)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kirk & Spock (TMP uniforms)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirk & Spock (red movie uniforms)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Kirk & Spock (Abramsverse)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other TOS crew member/s (McCoy, Scotty etc.)

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Picard (TNG uniform)

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Picard (movie uniform)

• Other captain (Pike, Sisko, Janeway or Archer)

• Seven of Nine

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Alien or adversary (Borg, Klingon, Gorn, Khan etc.)

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
I think it was just a response to the claim that anyone who didn't want the whole crew wasn't a "true fan".

I'm sure there are hardcore Trekkers who don't collect the action figures at all!

I think it was just a response to the claim that anyone who didn't want the whole crew wasn't a "true fan".

I'm sure there are hardcore Trekkers who don't collect the action figures at all!

Indeed, that is all it was. It wasn't meant as an indictment against those who choose to have wider ranging collections, merely pointing out that having more than someone else doesn't automatically make you a bigger or better fan.

And apparently, at least according to the poll numbers, those of us who want all 7 are in the majority. .

There's no such option in the poll. The option in the poll with the most votes (which I also voted for) simply states additional TOS characters and then lists McCoy and Scotty as two examples. The question for the poll is pretty specific, what should QMx do NEXT. Not where they should stop. People who suggested McCoy next don't necessarily want QMx to stop there, and there's no reason to think that they would.

It's beyond ludicrous to think that a company should produce less desirable products first only to string customers along. Generally what happens in such a situation is the product line is abandoned because there's no way to cover expenses including tooling when an insignificant number of people bite on the less desirable options. You have to put out the hot sellers first to have any hope of reaching positive cash flow to be able to continue.

Love whatever character you want to love, but don't ignore basic business practises just because you might want a Nurse Chapel right now. :)

There's also no sense in continuing to entertain that YR as s/he's never been anything but a troll in any thread I've ever seen her/him post in. This one is no different.

Yeah, as mentioned in the OP it could be what *you* want next, or just what you think is most likely based on what we know about their development plans (i.e. Picard!)

There's no such option in the poll. The option in the poll with the most votes (which I also voted for) simply states additional TOS characters and then lists McCoy and Scotty as two examples. The question for the poll is pretty specific, what should QMx do NEXT. Not where they should stop. People who suggested McCoy next don't necessarily want QMx to stop there, and there's no reason to think that they would.

It's beyond ludicrous to think that a company should produce less desirable products first only to string customers along. Generally what happens in such a situation is the product line is abandoned because there's no way to cover expenses including tooling when an insignificant number of people bite on the less desirable options. You have to put out the hot sellers first to have any hope of reaching positive cash flow to be able to continue.

Love whatever character you want to love, but don't ignore basic business practises just because you might want a Nurse Chapel right now. :)

There's also no sense in continuing to entertain that YR as s/he's never been anything but a troll in any thread I've ever seen her/him post in. This one is no different.

Troll? Really? As someone who has been collecting figures longer than many on this board have been alive, I am getting sick and tired of seeing a hobby I have loved for decades being driving by deep pocket, ADD, foul mouthed children. My remarks addressed the question What Star Trek character should QMX do? If they want my business they need to show me they are not going to rape this license for three or four figures and then drop it. They don't have to be like Hoy Toys.

I think $180 is a good price for those. The sculpts are brilliant.

Let's wait for in-hand pics of the end product before saying that the price is/was reasonable.

It's my opinion from the pictures I've seen. I'm not saying it's a general consensus. Chill your beans.

Back