What Star Trek character/s should QMx do next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Star Trek character/s should QMx do next?

• Kirk & Spock (Mirror Universe)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kirk & Spock (TMP uniforms)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirk & Spock (red movie uniforms)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Kirk & Spock (Abramsverse)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other TOS crew member/s (McCoy, Scotty etc.)

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Picard (TNG uniform)

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Picard (movie uniform)

• Other captain (Pike, Sisko, Janeway or Archer)

• Seven of Nine

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Alien or adversary (Borg, Klingon, Gorn, Khan etc.)

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
Assuming I actually buy any at all(which i'm still not sure I will), after Kirk/Spock, i'd want Picard. I'd be down for most of the Next Gen crew depending on price/time frame. McCoy and the rest of the original crew would depend on how deep into it I get.

The people who truly love Original Star Trek would want at the very least the seven main bridge crew characters. Those who are satisfied with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy only are posers and not true fans. If QMX want to milk the line (see Hot Toys infinite Ironman figures, I'll wait.........) and offer more characters they are going about it the wrong way. Sulu or Scotty as the third figure says "we are committed to offering a complete line of Classic Star Trek characters". McCoy as the third figure says "we have boned this license for the sure things and intend to drop it like a hot potato". Basic business sense says "why settle for selling 3 when you can sell seven with the right marketing".

QUOTE=Pixelpiper;8476965]That's the plus/minus or primary/peg-warmer packaging style, right? One character people want and another one NO ONE wants. Great way to sink a company and completely alienate collectors.

Let's look at this the right way (the only way that makes any sense): If they don't release McCoy next (or rather if they release some other TOS character other than McCoy) they shouldn't be in business because they clearly have no clue how to target the collecting audience. They can certainly release another character along side him like they have with Kirk & Spock, but McCoy is an absolute must for the follow-up in the TOS line. But that second character can't be Chapel - it would make most sense (again, marketability) if it were Scotty.

None of this is simply "opinion" - it's just basic business sense. You can go back up through all the posts to see how many times Bones McCoy is mentioned. I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

The people who truly love Original Star Trek would want at the very least the seven main bridge crew characters.
Those who are satisfied with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy only are posers and not true fans.
giphy.gif

I didn't know Scotty was the fourth most popular crew member. I always liked Sulu a tad more. Maybe it's just me. I thought Sulu, Scotty, and Uhura were pretty equal with Chekov bringing up the rear.

I think it's pretty unfit to say that people who would be satisfied with Kirk Spock and Mcoy are not true fans.

I also think it's a bit idiotic to be honest in the sheer fact that Trek is not really popular these days with the casual collector, pop culture fan or average person. Anything or anyone that wants to buy trek product is keeping an appetite and market for Trek which can only mean more product will be made which Star Trek fans can benefit from.

Would I like the original and TNG full crews? Of course but I'm not expecting to ever get to the point when a company is so far down the line that they can release a 200 dollar Troy or Scotty doll.

Though I'd long for more, I'll be more than satisfied if all I ever have are mcoy, Kirk, Spock and Picard.

Here is the way I look at it. Calling yourself a Star Trek fan and only wanting figures of Kirk, Spock and McCoy is like claiming to be a Star Wars fan and only buying Luke, Leia, and Han. They are the main characters, but there is so many more essential characters in both universes.

Be great to see them all, but I'd be satisfied with several variations of Kirk and Spock. You can still be a Trek fan but pick and choose what *toys* you want!

Be great to see them all, but I'd be satisfied with several variations of Kirk and Spock. You can still be a Trek fan but pick and choose what *toys* you want!

i agree with this. looking forward to see what they do next :clap

I don't see how wanting the original 7 crew members makes one non-selective or a fanatic with no vision. How is it any different than Star Wars, The Avengers, Batman, Iron Man fans, who buy every variant? And apparently, at least according to the poll numbers, those of us who want all 7 are in the majority. And since their not just marketing this for 1/6 collectors, but "true" Trek fans, my guess is all seven will be wanted.

Back