What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear? *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear?

Some obvious one's

Carl and Ellie's marriage in Up

When Sam said he'd carry Frodo up Mount Doom

Bruce Willis Death in Armageddon

The little girl giving away Jessie in Toy Story 2

The death of Mufasa in The Lion King

When Prof X gets shot in X-Men First Class

When the Superman Theme plays when Superman saves Lois for the first time (this one was out of Joy)

When Andy Dufrane crawls out of the sgit tunnel in Shawshank resdemption

There's others, but those come just off the top of my head.

(P.D good thread, don't feel bad if people talk **** like they do on CZ's threads :1-1:)

Thanks, I figure its all in good fun, and movie lovers will share their moments because of their passion for film regardless.

BTW just hearing the Superman themes gets me emotional sometimes :rotfl

I'm not a crier. So ... none.

My wife cries at bloody everything, though. Her latest was at Rick's reaction to Lori on The Walking Dead.

tumblr_mdacxhXvby1r9y0s2o1_500.png

SnakeDoc

That one was the one that made me close to crying. Really close, but then I said to myself " I cannot cry because of a fictional characterh" :lol I mean I felt a little silly but I Was this close to crying... Specially since I hated her so much, I think I Was about to cry because of Carl more than Lori actually, Thinking about Carl made me feel like that more.

Definitely Lord of the Rings.

Moments like...when Frodo leaves to the Grey Havens, when Sam carries Frodo up the mountain, Aragorn and Arwen scenes, etc.

Many of the battle scenes throughout the series as well.

Especially this entire sequence:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4[/ame]

Ending to Big Fish.
Intro to Up.
When Tom Baker regenerated into Peter Davison.

Green Mile was the one that made me cry as a youngster. I was watching that movie just because Tom Hanks was in it, I didn't know what it was about. The movie itself amazed me, the look of it and the story.
But then when the ending came it was really hard to watch, made me cry.

Also the ending of Ginger Snaps made me Almost cry. The movie was pretty cool and funny at times, or gory at other times but the ending made me feel like crying ( but I didn't cry)

I seriously have so many it's not even funny...

Primes Death in Transformers: The Movie (Animated one)
I was 9 when I watched that at the Cinema & I was in piece's
Really don't remember much of the film after that as I spent most of it sobbing.
Wasn't until got the VHS that I made it all the way through without balling.

Gladiator.
Russel Crowes Death walking through the field towards his wife & child

UP.
The opening scene, just unbelievably moving.

Most of Lords of the Ring.
Even when they first get the Fellowship together in the first film...the whole bro-mance there just brings a lump to my throat.

This one will seem weird but the end of Devils Rejects.
When Baby, Otis & Spaulding are driving towards the police blockade & they are resigned to their fate.
The use of Freebird & the way it's filmed just make me well up everytime...I shouldn't feel for them as they are cold blooded killers but I just do.

There are more but that's the one's off the top of my head.

Neil

The Gladiator scene with the wife and kid hanged was rougher than the end.

My daughter cried, and my wife with her, when the lightning bug died in The Princess and the Frog.

SnakeDoc

Definitely Lord of the Rings.

Moments like...when Frodo leaves to the Grey Havens, when Sam carries Frodo up the mountain, Aragorn and Arwen scenes, etc.

Many of the battle scenes throughout the series as well.

Especially this entire sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4
Yup that scene will do it. That's why anytime there is a thread on favorite movies it's always real simple for me. The LOTR trilogy in my opinion can't be beat. Will wait and see if The Hobbit can change that or not. I'll also add in Boromirs death. This great warrior has a fall from grace but in the end redeems himself but loses his life in the process.

End of ROTK when the dwarves are getting ready to bow to King Aragorn. He stops them and says something like, my friends you bow to no one. He then proceeds to bow to them followed soon after by everyone else. Big lump in the throat during that. End of Braveheart when Mel yells FREEDOM and his buddies both close their eyes like it's the sweetest music they've ever heard.

You mean hobbits?:lol I agree, that was a good scene but for me, the death of Boromir trumps all.

When I was little Edward Scissorhands made me cry really hard.
This song still gets me to this day, whenever I hear it makes me a little uneasy
[ame]https://youtu.be/VMfs1rlw4tc[/ame]

I'm not a crier. So ... none.

My wife cries at bloody everything, though. Her latest was at Rick's reaction to Lori on The Walking Dead.

tumblr_mdacxhXvby1r9y0s2o1_500.png

SnakeDoc

Yup, i was balling during this episode, not for Lori she was annoying, just felt bad for Rick and Carl. Also some that people mentioned already Up, Big Fish, but just last night i went to go see Frankenweenie and i was totally sobbing probably cause i am a dog owner myself but it was a really good movie.

Like others have said, the beginning of Up and Jessie being given away in Toy Story 2. The opening sequence of Finding Nemo didn't get to me until after I became a parent. Losing his wife and all the eggs but one really affected me the last time I saw it.

Yup, i was balling during this episode, not for Lori she was annoying, just felt bad for Rick and Carl. Also some that people mentioned already Up, Big Fish, but just last night i went to go see Frankenweenie and i was totally sobbing probably cause i am a dog owner myself but it was a really good movie.

I think it was Rick's blubbering that did my wife in. Seeing a tough guy break down kills her.

We've been married a decade. She's never seen me cry. I can't remember the last time I did, though ... certainly not since I was an early teenager. She's told me she'll completely lose it if/when I ever do.

SnakeDoc

I cry every time Optimus Prime dies.

Back