What is your lowest numbered SSW LOTR piece ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOH!

You can't get any lower than an AP. It's not strictly a number but it's before number 1!

Nopers, the topic asked for a edition number! Not AP stamped on it..........:rolleyes :whip AP......LOL................:rolleyes

Also how do you know that the WiKi is not #1001??? ;)

Re: DOH!

I personallt would say APs dont count cause they generally come out after the numbered ones....

therefore the numbered ones maybe be lower than AP ?

doesnt matter to me personally

io have APs and a no 2.....

Michael

That's the wrong way around. The APs are produced before the numbered versions and therefore are lower than number 1.

Actually they're not produced before the others - just stamped before them.

8o

No APs in my lot. But my lowest number is Boromir, number 16.

(At least I think it's 16. It's either 16 or 13 and I can't be arsed getting him out of his box to check.) :)

I'll answer this when the goodies I'm expecting this week arrive :google :google :google Don't wanna have to edit my answer :rollin :rollin :rollin

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

I never get low numbers. Only high ones. Only number worth mentioning is my Treebeard medallion, which is #991 out 1000...

Actually they're not produced before the others - just stamped before them.

I can't imagine this to be the case. I thought APs were produced prior to the numbered run to verify that the statue was as desired. Otherwise, why would they produce them all at the same time and then use the Artist Proofs to ensure that everything was OK? If there was a problem, they would end up with 1000s of unsatisfactory statues.

You are exactly correct CCT. AP's are used to insure the statues
are correct before manufacturing thousands of them and finding
something wrong at that time.

So, AP's are absolutely, positively, the first produced, and also
the lowest number, and I have TWO in my collection. :banana :carrot :ted :dance :elef

Yes, thats true but as we have been told by SS several times AP's really are no better than the #'ed pieces. They've said over and over all you would have to do is switch out bases and you could have an AP.

YUP.

Yes, thats true but as we have been told by SS several times AP's really are no better than the #'ed pieces. They've said over and over all you would have to do is switch out bases and you could have an AP.
That is true J as I have heard that many times, as we are NOT even clear as to when they are made. Who really knows as I have heard that they are made in addition to the original production run, to give away to other people, so that AP WiKi may just be #1001…And as was said swap the base and vaalaa, AP……. ;) ;) :poke :rolleyes

Re: YUP.

Yeah, its nice to say you have one and if you are concerned with ebay but over that:dunno

?

So, AP's are absolutely, positively, the first produced
ANd how do you know this, as nobody really knows?
and also the lowest number, and I have TWO in my collection
Hummmmm, last time I checked NO number means, NO NUMBER:rolleyes SO these DO NOT count, just give a freaken number........:dunno :rolleyes :rolleyes :poke

Re: YUP.

My lowest piece is my Gal Bust.

I also have a Arwen production sample, so that beats all your AP's, I win, pay up. j/k

!

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Now we are getting somewhere, the name says it all,
"production sample"
Now we know THOSE are made BEFORE!!!! ;) ;) :poke
AP's in no means means BEFORE the original production run, so NO those DO not count here....Who really knows what they are for???

these DO NOT count, just give a freaken number........

My lowest numbers are:

AP Cave Trolls numbers -7 and -13

AP Wiki number -5

AP Bilbo number -9

The numbers on my APs have been written in black ink and are therefore invisible to the naked eye.

No.. I understand the concept of Artist Proof, but had the understanding that it didn't work in the same way with Sideshow.

It's all good either way.

Does it really matter if the statues say AP on them or the last number numbered or #1. CCT? you got 2 Cave Trolls? and both AP's? Lucky dog you

I would like any Cave Troll but it just so happens that I stumbled across them. They are simply superb. Trying to explain their beauty to wife is something else - something to which I am sure many can relate.

Back