What if?... Platoon 2179AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After finishing my female Mad Max figure I decided to play a bit more "what if?". Wasn't sure where to post these, but as they're "Colonial Marines", here they be :):

Taylor3.jpg
Barnes1.jpg

Barnes4.jpg
Taylor2.jpg

Barnes3.jpg
Barnes2.jpg

Taylor1.jpg

Taylor4.jpg

Lt Dan

Last edited:
Haha cool. I actually had a similar idea of turning mine into Terminator 2018 (T4) or 2029 (T1/T2) resistance soldiers - but only if Hot Toys do something stupid like not make Elias.

:rotfl thats the first thing that i thought of when i saw taylor in cm outfit, they are pretty cool though and i wasnt bashing your customs.

yautja31337 said:
thats the first thing that i thought of when i saw taylor in cm outfit, they are pretty cool though and i wasnt bashing your customs

No worries, I had taken it as an observation and agree with you. I don't know that I'd describe them as customs tho', as all I did was dress them up in the HT USCM gear for the piccies. Vasquez will be getting all her stuff back asap. :)

Cheers,
Lt Dan.

I think you can tell the way HT heads have shrunk over the years. They look a tad small with those outfits. Otherwise I'd say why not leave them in that gear. Not like the original USCM headsculpts look much like the actors.

a-dev said:
I think you can tell the way HT heads have shrunk over the years. They look a tad small with those outfits...

Yes, the Platoon heads are a lot smaller than the original USCM ones. Possibly slightly undersized even.

a-dev said:
...Otherwise I'd say why not leave them in that gear. Not like the original USCM headsculpts look much like the actors.

But, without Elias there would be no point. ;)
Plus it would mean my Aliens collection would then be incomplete. I even have 1.5 Bishops and a Newt in my Detolf.
I agree most of the original sculpts don't look much like the actors, but I think the Drake and Vasquez sculpts hiding under the paint are not bad. I have replacement heads for Ripley, Hicks, Hudson and Apone tho'. :)

Back