What Console To Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Game Console is Best dvd/bluray/games

• Total voters
I have the PS3 the first day it came out and I have not had a problem with this system.

people make it sound like ps3 is only a blue ray player and that the games suck and the online blows.

They all get the same games and you can get play all games online.
I have a super PC so I have no need for a 360 (microsoft) because I can play all there games on PC even in better HIGH REZ and better frame rate.

PS3 has more exclusive content.

I have being using the media server program called Tversity and I am having a blast streaming movies,music, internet radio stations, pics ETC.....
PS3 has become my main media station.

I remember the first day I bought ps1 and it never died on me then came the ps2. The only problem I had with it was the lens got dirty so I clean it and it was as good as new NOW !!! PS3 is going on there second year and they are doing really well.

xbox 360 has some great games GEARS 1 AND 2 and the halo trilogy wich I have played all halos(1 & 2 3 will be on pc one day for sure same as gears 2) on pc and even gears 1 so dont get me wrong its a great system but dont underestimate PS3.

so I say give ps3 a chance.

I just bought my kids the Wii today -- and about $500 later they now have a fun looking Nerf gun game, the Star Wars lightsaber duels and Lego Indiana Jones, I can't wait to "watch" them play.

:cool:

Well, lots of Xbox games aren't on PC, Gears 2 has already been said to never be on PC, don't know about Halo 3 (I guess eventually). And PS3 doesn't have more exclusive content, Xbox 360 has tons of games PS3 doesn't have, plus exclusive DLC (remember GTAIV) plus it's got Netflix. And it's cheaper.

And actually, PS3 is doing really bad, the amount of money they've lost on it is more than the amount they made with the PS2. And the online connection is unstable since it's not a paid service which means they don't have to use good servers.

once the hole craze of gears of war 2 starts to died down microsoft greedy C.E.O 'S will put this game on pc so they can make more money that they already have.

they said the same thing for gears of war. I bought it for pc and it was very awsome game. Cant wait to play part 2 on pc.

Well, lots of Xbox games aren't on PC, Gears 2 has already been said to never be on PC, don't know about Halo 3 (I guess eventually). And PS3 doesn't have more exclusive content, Xbox 360 has tons of games PS3 doesn't have, plus exclusive DLC (remember GTAIV) plus it's got Netflix. And it's cheaper.

And actually, PS3 is doing really bad, the amount of money they've lost on it is more than the amount they made with the PS2. And the online connection is unstable since it's not a paid service which means they don't have to use good servers.

my connection is always 100% stable on my ps3 and live better be good after paying. a friend of mine has 360 and hes connections disconnects sometimes in the middle of a game.
I would be so pissed if I am paying a month and I get disconnected.

dont get me wrong guys as a video gamer I have played all game consoles out there for countless hours and they all have there flaws but my point is if I pay for a service I better get the best.

Last edited:
In general (not personal experience) Xbox Live is very consistent and has only hd problems from a lot of people being online at once, like when Halo 3 came out or around christmas when people had nothing better to do. In general, PS3 has had a lot of connection problems for people, not due to high traffic either, and that's just facts. I'd be fine with the Playstation Network, but not if it has trouble connecting.

my connection is always 100% stable on my ps3 and live better be good after paying. a friend of mine has 360 and hes connections disconnects sometimes in the middle of a game.
I would be so pissed if I am paying a month and I get disconnected.

dont get me wrong guys as a video gamer I have played all game consoles out there for countless hours and they all have there flaws but my point is if I pay for a service I better get the best.
Whos to say that not his connection. You see a whole hell of lot more connection problems, lack of items with PSN then Live. Sure you pay for live be its not like its going to break the bank. Downloads seem to take much longer on PSN plus the don't forget the big story about getting hacked. I have both and have not tried a lot of online play on PS3 but I can say it was 1000 times harder to get a group together and play.

I have yet to own either but have played both the PS3 and 360 and I personally prefer the 360. It has more variety of games and is much easier on the wallet if you just get the Arcade. I've read that Sony is loosing alot of their exclusive titles. As of right now, the only games that even intrest me exclusive to PS3 are MGS4 and God Of War 3. If I ever get both systems, most of my games will go on the 360 and I'll just get the exclusives and Blurays for PS3.

I didn't read through the entire thread to see if you made your decision yet. If you did not I would base it off of if this is going to be primarily for you, or if its something the family will be using as well. If its for you I would probably take the 360 route. If its for the family I would consider a Wii. Everyone in my house has fun playing it...

Well, my family has a ps3 and a wii and my boys use the ps3 alot but when it comes to the family joing in the wii is used. So it depends on what it will be used for and who will used it. As a mom (shocker! IM a girl!) I like the wii, it get the kids off the couch. But for the fighting games we have them in abundant on ps3.

Back