What Console To Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Game Console is Best dvd/bluray/games

• Total voters
is there a huge difference in the Transfomers on BRD from when it was on HDDVD (as far as special features)?

i already have the HDDVD and don't want to have to repurchase if the difference is negligible.

I got it when it came out on BR. I just think its a touch more clearer than the other formats.

I myself have always been a sony guy from ps1 to present, and theres a reason for that. Every playstation console that I owned has never ever had any problems. Maybe I have been lucky. I have heard the stories about the red ring of death for the 360, and in fact not to long ago a co-worker of mine said his 360 gave ass. It didnt get the red ring but something else was wrong with it.
I have never played a 360 so I cant really say to much about it. I guess it really depends on how much time you have to game and what kinda games you like. I think both consoles have good games and strong points. But online play is really fun and you'll get hooked.
Playstation 3 has free online.
Playstation 3 has blu ray which is awesome. Its what your looking for trust me. A gaming system and a blu ray player. Why spend for two items when you can buy just one that comes with what your looking for :naughty.
Also, if your a family person like me get a wii as well. The kids love it and it makes for a fun family night every now and then. My wife and daughter love to play bowling on the wii, its pretty cool.
And if all else fails flip a coin :lol

is there a huge difference in the Transfomers on BRD from when it was on HDDVD (as far as special features)?

i already have the HDDVD and don't want to have to repurchase if the difference is negligible.

Not sure, but Transformers on Blu KICKS ASS.

That is all!

Well, for what it's worth, I'm not a gamer at all. In fact, I don't think I've played a video game since Pong (or maybe Duke Nukem back in '94)...

Anyway, I was in the market for a Blu-Ray player and I opted for the PS3. It was around the same price as most decent Blu-Ray players and I figured I'd also get a gaming console built-in so when my brother or nephews come over.

Additionally, and this is a really cool feature, I can surf the web on the PS3 through my home wireless network. The Blu-Ray and the internet capability really sold me on this system. I love it!!

video quality is identical. audio might be better on blu ray. True HD audio track is awesome.

Well hey, the Xbox 360 is now the lowest priced console. So that's a good point.

For the price of the cheapest PS3 you could buy two Xbox 360's
Yeah well, add the $100 wireless adapter, $60 headset + other accessories and whatever the Blu-Ray add-on will cost and it will still be about the same as the PS3. That was the only thing that bummed me out about the 360, all the ^^^^in' accessories and how much you had to spend for them.

At least it comes with the HDMI cable.

You could almost buy an Xbox 360 and a standalone Blu-ray player for the same price as a PS3 (depending on which Xbox version).

Thanks for all the input everyone. Everyone seems pretty evenly split between the 360 and PS3...

:dunno :lol :lol :lol

Well hey, the Xbox 360 is now the lowest priced console. So that's a good point.

For the price of the cheapest PS3 you could buy two Xbox 360's

Not if you have to buy another one after 3 years. I have always supported XBOX360 but they got me very sour at the moment. I have constant RROD lights issue for no reason (and yes my consoles are very well ventilated area). Im on my fifth return, but am almost out of microsoft's warrenty of that.

I have in turn re bought another XBOX360 (An elite) on the hopes that they did improve the design now. I did not want to continue giving MS my money but unfortunately I have too much invested in the system already (Games, DLC, LIVE subscription, and accesories) to just quit it completely.

SO to me it was NOT cheaper then a PS3.

Back