What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pelican Brief by Jhn Grisham. It's the second book I've read of his, The Firm was the first, and I'm a little disappointed because I thought it his books were more like courtroom dramas. Both of these seem to be more action novels with a legal background.

Just started reading through The Game of Thrones.
I am still at 10% but seems quite a read.

Before that I read the Night's Dawn Trilogy my Hamilton for the 3rd time. It has to be my all time favorite read... I actually find myself lost in the Confederation Universe every time I read it.

Like plenty of other people I've decided to jump into The Game of Thrones series, amazon was out of stock last week for the 4 book box set so while I wait for my books to show up I'm reading Star Wars: Deceived. So far the most compelling thing about this one is the romance between this Sith and his Twi'lek pleasure servant, romancing alien species is frowned on in the ancient sith empire, so should be interesting how it turns out.

Currently:

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
The Dukan Diet by Dr. Pierre Dukan

I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I saw all the films before reading the books, and I'm only reading the books for the first time... i'm in love with the books!

Currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Trying to get all the books in before the final movie. So far, peeved about how much could have been added to the 4th movie. Definitely could have been an extra 30 minutes added.

Currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Trying to get all the books in before the final movie. So far, peeved about how much could have been added to the 4th movie. Definitely could have been an extra 30 minutes added.

Doing the same as you...trying to get through them all. I'm half way through Order of the Phoenix. Goblet of fire is defiantly the weakest of all the movies for me, and probably the books too so far.

Just started this:

The-School-of-Night-by-Louis-Bayard.jpg

I loved his previous book "The Pale Blue Eye" which was a murder mystery with Edgar Allen Poe in it.

Doing the same as you...trying to get through them all. I'm half way through Order of the Phoenix. Goblet of fire is defiantly the weakest of all the movies for me, and probably the books too so far.

I'm on The Deathly Hallows now. It's realllllllly good. we can so do book talks if you want!

Sweet! Juts picked up Half Blood Prince tonight. Gonna start reading it before bed!! Excitement!!

I like Goblet of Fire but it wasn't my favorite movie. Though, unlike you, I LOVE the book. It was the first one that I really got into. I like Prisoner of Azkaban and all, but as the characters mature, so do the books. Order of the Phoenix was good, Half Blood Prince was really good and so far, The Deathly Hallows is the best! I'm putting off reading it this morning because I don't want it to be over with.

This is what I bought before Christmas for really cheap.

hp_boxset_1through7.jpg

I like Goblet of Fire but it wasn't my favorite movie. Though, unlike you, I LOVE the book. It was the first one that I really got into. I like Prisoner of Azkaban and all, but as the characters mature, so do the books. Order of the Phoenix was good, Half Blood Prince was really good and so far, The Deathly Hallows is the best! I'm putting off reading it this morning because I don't want it to be over with.

This is what I bought before Christmas for really cheap.

So far I'd rate them:

Order of the Pheonix - Cause the ending is epic! It really made up for Harry's constant whining throughout the whole book.

Sorcerer's Stone - Cause the world was so new.
Azkaban - Cause of Sirius
Chamber of Secrets
Goblet of Fire

I saw that chest at a bookstore, but it was 200 bucks, way to much. Just been borrowing them from my aunt.

Just finished the dark tower series. What are peoples thoughjts on the ending??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????////

Back