What are you listening to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my favorite cover they did

Not really a fan of that one - but did track down the video for the 1991 original . . . and while that's not my style either, it's almost as OTT as the "Eskimo Callboy" tracks I linked earlier, and I have to admit that the lass in that is (ahem) rather cute.

Last edited:
what music do you like?

thats why older Ghost is better, darker, creepier:

Gimme a sec and I'll go give those a listen (thanks for ALL the links).

I'm not into the "Ghost" (or any bands) imagery particularly - but if the music grabs me - that'll do nicely! Per my userid . . . I'm more of a heavy rock/metal fan (which in itself is a bit of a religion I suppose!)

Bands like (in no particular order) Scorpions, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Magnum, Thunder, Status Quo, Judas Priest, Blackfoot, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Alice Cooper, Heart, Halestorm, Budgie, In This Moment, Twisted Sister, KISS, Saxon, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Tyketto, Ted Nugent, Blue Murder, Gary Moore, Ozzy Osbourne, Survivor, Black Sabbath (minus Ozzy, strangely), Boston, Dave Lee Roth, Def Leppard, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, Gerry Rafferty, Guns N' Roses, Dio, 21 Guns, Alter Bridge, Airbourne, Winger . . . heck this list could go on forever (but you get the picture) :)

Last edited:
what music do you like?

thats why older Ghost is better, darker, creepier:

Out of all the ones you linked - I'd put the "Secular Haze" track at the top of the list. The others don't really grab me (but that's only based on first listen - may grow on me later).

I may be going crazy but they had a track I remember where the video had them walking between rooms or something - can't find it now (bugger!) - may well have been a completely different band o_O

However - did find this off their 2015 album "Meliora" - def MUCH more in line with my taste (hey - each to their own :) ).

Their first two albums definitely have more of a retro, dark, Scooby-Doo/haunted house flavor. I remember some folks were put off when they abandoned it in favor of the more upbeat styles of Meliora and Prequelle. It's still very much a retro-sounding band, but the haunted house flavor isn't as present in their music as it used to be.

Out of all the ones you linked - I'd put the "Secular Haze" track at the top of the list. The others don't really grab me (but that's only based on first listen - may grow on me later).

I may be going crazy but they had a track I remember where the video had them walking between rooms or something - can't find it now (bugger!) - may well have been a completely different band o_O

However - did find this off their 2015 album "Meliora" - def MUCH more in line with my taste (hey - each to their own :) ).

this is their biggest song
wat you think?

this is their biggest song
wat you think?

Now THAT hit the spot (even on 1st listening!) . . . best track I've heard from them so far. Has that "80's metal" feel (the good stuff - not "hair metal") - and love the guitar solo.

That's now on the playlist.

HUGE thanks!

Now THAT hit the spot (even on 1st listening!) . . . best track I've heard from them so far. Has that "80's metal" feel (the good stuff - not "hair metal") - and love the guitar solo.

HUGE thanks!

HUGE thanks!

then you might like this

then you might like this

I have that track bookmarked from last December - but it was the live version (which I actually prefer).

The studio version (for some TOTALLY weird reason) reminds me a bit of Belinda Carlisle . . . WTH !?! . . . (I think it might be time for my medication).

Not too shabby at-all :dance . . . thanks again!

I have that track bookmarked from last December - but it was the live version (which I actually prefer).

The studio version (for some TOTALLY weird reason) reminds me a bit of Belinda Carlisle . . . WTH !?! . . . (I think it might be time for my medication).

Not too shabby at-all :dance . . . thanks again!

the last song i recommend, you might know it

the last song i recommend, you might know it

Yeah - not so much on that one - I've heard a live version of THAT somewhere too.

Music is OK especially the "break" - but I can't take in the lyrics without giggling a bit.

Sometimes you get to sacrifice the virgin . . . sometimes you fall on your inverted cross :wink1: :lol

Thanks again for the share though.

My dog barking his brains out over the sight of a cat on the neighbor's roof. I walked over to the window to see what he was barking at and saw the cat.

I just shook my head and walked away because I've learned that...

barking2.jpg

Back