What are some of Hot Toys best ever head sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We tend to allow ourselves to think things look better in person and perhaps in some cases they do. But really, a truly good likeness will also shine in photographs. If it isn't doing so then there's definitely something not right about it.

I think that's because "in hand" can also translate to "it's too late to not buy this".

Things look better in-hand because it's not a flat photograph. Eyes see in more than one direction/angle. Physiological more than psychological.

This is why figs in videos also tend to look better.

Hot toys has lots of figures with great likeness's however there are a few that stand out to me

There number 1 best likeness I would say is BD Robocop

19965227760_0640ab96bb_b.jpg

Then mandarin

Mandarin-Hot-Toys-d.jpg

The DOFP Wolverine

16685944373_df4b37e4fd_b.jpg

The MOS

17023937773_77e75ab8d5_b.jpg

Ark Reactor Tony Stark

17877314508_5a992f47c9_b.jpg

There are many and they have been mentioned many times allready,so i gonna mention a few that also deserves the praise:

Godfather
Bruce Lee(Smiling)
Michael Jackson DX "Bad"
Michael Jackson Zombie head from "Thriller"
New Goblin(Spiderman 3)
Alfred(Armory)
Ezio(Assassin's Creed 2)
The Terminator Tech Noir

Some of you guys are just grasping at straws now.:lol

The thread asks for "Best Ever".

Not.. "that choice has already been mentioned what about these, these are pretty good too.":lol

Hard to choose when some really good. Its like choose who is prettier between Kate Upton, Emma Stone, Olivia Wilde,Amanda Seyfried :lol

But majority always mentioned BD robocop, DX jask sparrow and MoS Superman

BD Robocop is sublime. Absolutely sublime. As is Godfather. Also the DX Jack Sparrow.

Mandarin is also stunningly good, even though I have zero interest in the figure.

I've always liked Hellboy, as well. Don't laugh.

But, not to limit it to HT, the best 1/6 mass produced sculpt is, I feel, hands down, daylight to second, Blitzway's Carlito.

Why laugh? The sculpt is fantastic.

And I agree with what you said about the Carlito, that sculpt is just perfect in every conceivable way.

I say that about Hellboy because I find that the sculpt itself is a bit soft and "lumpy", but the likeness is just great. If that makes sense.

Crazy thing is how much better Davy Jones even looks in person. Just dripping wet from every angle and filled with menace.

Back