Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- S5 Matt Smith a go!

As much as Amy costs, it needed to look like the proto. At least the face. I was holding out for it, but just in case made my own
img1594mc.jpg

may cancel my preorder now, but need to see more pics, only saw one before it was deleted.

Hey Rick. Has anything's been decided on the look for the Matt Smith head? I can't wait to slap that on the Big Chief body. They had a very cool headsculpt but I'm not sure I've ever seen Matt Smith with such a vanilla look on his face. He always has an animated look. Also, any word in a 9th Doctor sculpt? Didn't know if it had anywhere near the 16 or not.

Man, I'm starting to wonder if you guys should consider doing an Amy head...

It could happen. Would people be interested? :monkey3

Hey Rick. Has anything's been decided on the look for the Matt Smith head? I can't wait to slap that on the Big Chief body. They had a very cool headsculpt but I'm not sure I've ever seen Matt Smith with such a vanilla look on his face. He always has an animated look.

No decision yet, but he is being sculpted in April. So would someone else if we were making a companion for him. If we were.

Also, any word in a 9th Doctor sculpt? Didn't know if it had anywhere near the 16 or not.

Interest lists are in post one to check their progress, buddy. ;)

We are looking to get at least 16 people interested per character to proceed.

ROSE INTEREST LIST
1)GRUFF OLD BEAR
2)Scifi67 (SCULPTED)
3)Floppy Hat Jon (SCULPTED)
4)Jiminydog (SCULPTED)
5)DarklyDreaming (SCULPTED)
6)SlytherinPride
7)TheEnemy
8)Doctordandalek (sculpted)

CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS
(separate thread stared here, with costume https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=TORCHWOOD)

CapJackHarkness_zps3ae6c5bb.jpg

1)Sueworld
2)The ObsoleteMan
3)Tekkaman Blade
4)Buffylover
5)MiskatonicNick
6)thainer
7)Duck of Death
8)tjg
9)Reinhardt
10)Ironman1188
11)koipond
12)Jiminydog
13)TheEnemy
14)Doctordandalek

TENNANT

tennantcollage_zps65cd9480.jpg

1)malo
2)ShadowX81 (PREFERS SMILING)
3)Scifi67 (mohawk/raised eyebrow, borderline suicidal.)
4)Groovy
5)TheEnemy (mohawk)
6)SlytherinPride

ECCLESTON

Ecclestoncollage_zps9fede702.jpg

DarklyDreaming
ShadowX81
the enemy
)Doctordandalek

RIVER

River-Song1_zps2d6f706a.jpg

1)SlytherinPride

DOCTOR 11 season 5 (being made!)

smithcollage_zps8175548c.jpg

1)SlytherinPride (RAGGEDY MAN)
2)SchmittyJames
3)Calcifer
4)DRDANDALEK

IDRIS
1)SlytherinPride
2)TheEnemy[/QUOTE]

PS- Th K-9 body arrived from the UK Sat, passed QC, and was shipped to the caster today.

I know amy pond would sell, I feel bad people pre-ordered it and it looked so bad maybe if they knew about WGP they might have voted her up here and got her done by us.

it would be great if people on the WHO blogs would send people are way the more the merrier.

Interest lists are in post one to check their progress, buddy. ;)

We are looking to get at least 16 people interested per character to proceed.

ROSE INTEREST LIST
1)GRUFF OLD BEAR
2)Scifi67 (SCULPTED)
3)Floppy Hat Jon (SCULPTED)
4)Jiminydog (SCULPTED)
5)DarklyDreaming (SCULPTED)
6)SlytherinPride
7)TheEnemy
8)Doctordandalek (sculpted)

CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS
(separate thread stared here, with costume https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=TORCHWOOD)

CapJackHarkness_zps3ae6c5bb.jpg

1)Sueworld
2)The ObsoleteMan
3)Tekkaman Blade
4)Buffylover
5)MiskatonicNick
6)thainer
7)Duck of Death
8)tjg
9)Reinhardt
10)Ironman1188
11)koipond
12)Jiminydog
13)TheEnemy
14)Doctordandalek

TENNANT

tennantcollage_zps65cd9480.jpg

1)malo
2)ShadowX81 (PREFERS SMILING)
3)Scifi67 (mohawk/raised eyebrow, borderline suicidal.)
4)Groovy
5)TheEnemy (mohawk)
6)SlytherinPride

ECCLESTON

Ecclestoncollage_zps9fede702.jpg

DarklyDreaming
ShadowX81
the enemy
)Doctordandalek

RIVER

River-Song1_zps2d6f706a.jpg

1)SlytherinPride

DOCTOR 11 season 5 (being made!)

smithcollage_zps8175548c.jpg

1)SlytherinPride (RAGGEDY MAN)
2)SchmittyJames
3)Calcifer
4)DRDANDALEK

IDRIS
1)SlytherinPride
2)TheEnemy

PS- Th K-9 body arrived from the UK Sat, passed QC, and was shipped to the caster today.[/QUOTE]

tennit totally should be smiling he has a wicked grin makes you think he is up to something. with me on harkness that would make 15 people wouldnt it.

PS- Th K-9 body arrived from the UK Sat, passed QC, and was shipped to the caster today.

tennit totally should be smiling he has a wicked grin makes you think he is up to something. with me on harkness that would make 15 people wouldnt it.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with Gwen. 10th Doctor needs a smile. Like Matt Smith, Tennant rarely had a vanilla look on his face and always had an animated look to convey what was going on. :exactly: :goodpost:

MATT SMITH EXPRESSION CHOICES

MATTSMITHEXPRESSIONCHOICES_zpsb4636270.jpg

It was hard finding any good clear reference pics of expressions I liked but after lots of searching and your input I finally narrowed down a list and made a collage. Basically, I wanted expressions that showed off his main character attributes which I see as gentleness, sadness, and goofiness. Nothing too grouchy or stern.

Ideally we'd like to make two versions at some point: serious (pics 1 or 5) and smiling (3&4). 3 & 4 may well be the same smile at different angles, but #3 looks more sad. I think #2 should be for if we ever made a fez variant. The hair will be the early hair of pics 3 & 4.

We are just looking over these contenders now. Let me know what you think. There is still time for you to add more suggestion pics. :)

Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- Matt Smith a go! Vote on your fav expressions!

I like his smile in photo #3/4. It's a little more gentle and, as you mentioned, almost has a touch of sadness.

I vote for #3. The cat who ate the canary look. Also, I just watched the new episode
Awesome! Now that Amy Pond is old news,lol, how about a Clara Oswin Oswald? Great companion only 3 episodes in.

I vote for #3. The cat who ate the canary look. Also, I just watched the new episode
Awesome! Now that Amy Pond is old news,lol, how about a Clara Oswin Oswald? Great companion only 3 episodes in.

Agreed to the max.

I want an Oswin, Amy is old hat.
:rotfl

Thanks for the continued feedback, gang. Overwhelming feedback so far for #3!

We would LOVE for Clara to happen. You guys need to tell us you'd want her.

We are building the Nu Who line slowly but cautiously. On our end, making a Matt Smith head without a confirmed 16 interested on our own is a gamble because if he doesn't sell that kills us making any other Nu Who characters without interest. But, we optimistically feel that since 1,250(?) 11th Doctors were produced by Big Chief, that's 1,250 people who already own bodies and costumes who might like to upgrade if they like what we make (laugh).

Thats a GREAT change from us needing to make the costumes too which can obviously also halt sales when the seamstress' keep bailing out. We also like that our making a custom 11th Doctor head might entice some more people to buy the Big Chief 11th Doctor figure for the costume/body/accessories if they don't have one yet (particularly since they are cheaper now), which also works well for us as Who fans, and because the guys at BC are our mates.

Sean and I are talking about making an Amy too at the same time- one version with sculpted hair in a pony-tail to keep things cheaper for you guys, and then a bald version for a wig since we are getting so good with that now (Romana II, Hit-girl, Phieffer Selina Kyle, etc).

As for Clara, please write in and express interest. We would make her right now with Matt and Amy if she had the votes. That's two votes so far. Do you want her INSTEAD of Amy or as well as an Amy?

Capt Jack is at 15 s he is close enough we know we will make him by years end, though the list has been up a while and we will need to re-confirm the interest is still there.

pYRb5g9_zpsca10e792.jpg

Jenna-Louise-Coleman-in-Doctor-Who1-e1354133938945_zps28c418b1.jpg

Last edited:

Personally I'm NOT currently interested in Clara. I want to see what type of character she evolves into before I splurge on a figure. I certainly don't dislike her, but I don't feel much of anything yet.

I prefer Amy over Clara myself.

Come on my fellow Whovians. Where's the love for 9th Doctor Chris Eccleston? We almost have a Captain to go and Rose too. You have to have the full TARDIS crew that brought the Show back to the masses.

MATT SMITH EXPRESSION CHOICES

MATTSMITHEXPRESSIONCHOICES_zpsb4636270.jpg

It was hard finding any good clear reference pics of expressions I liked but after lots of searching and your input I finally narrowed down a list and made a collage. Basically, I wanted expressions that showed off his main character attributes which I see as gentleness, sadness, and goofiness. Nothing too grouchy or stern.

Ideally we'd like to make two versions at some point: serious (pics 1 or 5) and smiling (3&4). 3 & 4 may well be the same smile at different angles, but #3 looks more sad. I think #2 should be for if we ever made a fez variant. The hair will be the early hair of pics 3 & 4.

We are just looking over these contenders now. Let me know what you think. There is still time for you to add more suggestion pics. :)

#3 and 4 work great together, im not a matt fan but if i were id say thats the way to go.

Thanks for the continued feedback, gang. Overwhelming feedback so far for #3!

We would LOVE for Clara to happen. You guys need to tell us you'd want her.

We are building the Nu Who line slowly but cautiously. On our end, making a Matt Smith head without a confirmed 16 interested on our own is a gamble because if he doesn't sell that kills us making any other Nu Who characters without interest. But, we optimistically feel that since 1,250(?) 11th Doctors were produced by Big Chief, that's 1,250 people who already own bodies and costumes who might like to upgrade if they like what we make (laugh).

Thats a GREAT change from us needing to make the costumes too which can obviously also halt sales when the seamstress' keep bailing out. We also like that our making a custom 11th Doctor head might entice some more people to buy the Big Chief 11th Doctor figure for the costume/body/accessories if they don't have one yet (particularly since they are cheaper now), which also works well for us as Who fans, and because the guys at BC are our mates.

Sean and I are talking about making an Amy too at the same time- one version with sculpted hair in a pony-tail to keep things cheaper for you guys, and then a bald version for a wig since we are getting so good with that now (Romana II, Hit-girl, Phieffer Selina Kyle, etc).

As for Clara, please write in and express interest. We would make her right now with Matt and Amy if she had the votes. That's two votes so far. Do you want her INSTEAD of Amy or as well as an Amy?

Capt Jack is at 15 s he is close enough we know we will make him by years end, though the list has been up a while and we will need to re-confirm the interest is still there.

pYRb5g9_zpsca10e792.jpg

Jenna-Louise-Coleman-in-Doctor-Who1-e1354133938945_zps28c418b1.jpg

Amy will look brilliant im sure, have you decided on an expression?
nice to here jack might be a go.

I like the 3rd option for 11 because depending on the story it can be either melancholic or just a smile. Oh and if the list for ten isn't closed i'd like a smilling sculpt and maybe a serious too, depends on the price (with the same hairstyle the upcoming big chief fig has).I;m making some stop motion so many different expressions would be needed in order to create a believable movie.

Last edited:

It looks like we're getting a semi-serious, quirked eyebrow sculpt on the BC Ten. I'd love to swap that head for a sad!expression Ten. The Tenth Doctor always seemed angsty to me.

Back