Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this piece really does look awesome.

$600 awesome?....so far very happy with my Danbury mint $150 awesome....I eventually would like to get the Weta MT...but holding off for now...yes its a great looking piece

$600 awesome?....so far very happy with my Danbury mint $150 awesome....I eventually would like to get the Weta MT...but holding off for now...yes its a great looking piece

I like the piece a lot but I could never justify spending 600 dollars on it.

Hi everyone, my Weta Minas Tirith environment has arrived. This will run you a pricy $599.00, which is $200 more than the Rivendell environment, even though they both have the same dimensions and are open editions. The box noted this was number 171 out of 800, so maybe this is the first run. This is a nicely detailed environment many of us have been waiting to add to our collection. The first thing I noticed is how light this is compared to Rivendell. I would say Rivendell is easily twice as heavy. I wish trebuchets were included for the walls. The White Tree of Gondor is basically a little blob, but you cannot expect much at this scale. Sadly, I cannot justify a $599 price tag for this environment. The Rivendell environment seems like a bargain next to it. Personally, though, I am happy to add the White City to my LOTR collection, and this version is the most accurate, if not last, replica available for collectors.

MinasTirith02.JPG
MinasTirith03.JPG
MinasTirith04.JPG
MinasTirith05.JPG
MinasTirith06.JPG
MinasTirith07.JPG

Looks great, thanks for posting pics and your thoughts. I think it was mentioned that if Rivendale was made today it would be priced comprable to what is being offered currently. So it's definitely a bargin right now. I'll get this, but after Grond.

Thanks for sharing, was hesitant getting Rivendell or Minas tirith, but your opinion make me favor Rivendell more than MT. The only thing that I'm not sure about Rivendell is the latest batch with too much green paint everywhere.

Thanks for the MT pics!

Thanks for sharing, was hesitant getting Rivendell or Minas tirith, but your opinion make me favor Rivendell more than MT. The only thing that I'm not sure about Rivendell is the latest batch with too much green paint everywhere.

Flame of Udun-Forum is written, that the batch from August has non Clippy Errors, too much green paint wasn't noticed.

I should receive my rivendell in a couple of weeks (waiting for UK stock) and will reply..

I just got Rivendale joblain and posted a video tour if you are interested, I think they got thier green paint under controll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErBzc9UmQ4&feature=youtu.be

For anyone interested....

I just wanted to post out that I have started a new Weta Collectors FB site. I started this group because I didn't see many FB sites dedicated to talking about Weta and thought it would be nice to have a place where people could share pictures of their favorite items, discuss products, do a little trading if necessary and in general connect with fellow collectors. This is not to say topics related to collectibles from other manufactures are banned, but it would be great to keep the general point geared towards all things Weta. Please click the link below if you are interested in joining the site and lets see where we can go with it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526230101014373/

Finally got this in hand and I do like it alot. Lots of deatail all over. Would have liked to see more white on the rocks but still a nice piece. I would have to figure the asking price is based mosty on the details. If you want this and can score a deal on it, it's worth it.

I would have liked to have picked this one up during the "reverse auction" that they ran but was not able to access the internet during the auction and missed out.

I'm really happy with the Danbury Mint version but would add this one to the collection at a good price.

I would have liked to have picked this one up during the "reverse auction" that they ran but was not able to access the internet during the auction and missed out.

I'm really happy with the Danbury Mint version but would add this one to the collection at a good price.

Same here, except I just completely forgot about it. Then a member here offered one for the same price, but I missed that too it looks like.

Same here, except I just completely forgot about it. Then a member here offered one for the same price, but I missed that too it looks like.

Yah, I think I beat you to that. I pm'd him right after he posted and was able to get that at a good deal. There'll hopefully be another sale at some point. Good piece though to get as environments go.

Minas Tirith is an open edition so hopefully they'll put it up for sale again soon.

I did just pick up the Erebor environment for a good deal. Should have it next week (hopefully).

Minas Tirith is an open edition so hopefully they'll put it up for sale again soon.

I did just pick up the Erebor environment for a good deal. Should have it next week (hopefully).

I thought that too about Orthanc and it sold out before I knew it. I just got one on eBay last week and seller did not disclose it was without a box and yesterday it arrived with quite a bit of damage so I am pretty upset. I finally got a decent price on one(or so I thought).

Were you the one who got that front gate on eBay for just over $100?

I believe so! I was also watching the seller's "House of Beorn" but unfortunately missed that auction's ending. It sold for a great low price as well.

I would have picked up Erebor in Weta's "two for $200" deal but I had most of the other environments. So this deal came at the right time.

Sorry to hear about the damaged Minas Tirith. Is the damage repairable? Would it be worth the discount to attempt repairs?

I believe so! I was also watching the seller's "House of Beorn" but unfortunately missed that auction's ending. It sold for a great low price as well.

I would have picked up Erebor in Weta's "two for $200" deal but I had most of the other environments. So this deal came at the right time.

Sorry to hear about the damaged Minas Tirith. Is the damage repairable? Would it be worth the discount to attempt repairs?

Rivendell was the one damaged(and now it is sold out in the US). Guy said a forklift punctured it and there was not much left so too much to repair without it being free. They are supposedly getting more from the UK, but we shall see. My Orthanc was also damaged, but I think the guy is trying to pull on the USPS by claiming they damaged it and not all the parts are in the box and he used a pic stolen from here as his own.

I just got a MT from them also, ended up about $465 shipped after eBay bucks and cash back which is not bad after missing the auction deal from Weta(which would have been ~$420 shipped minus weta dollars)

Back