Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pick up for not a bad price. After BD and now MT, I wonder what their next large environment will be. I may try to get Beorns house at some point. I like it but it's not a must for me.

Nice pick up for not a bad price. After BD and now MT, I wonder what their next large environment will be. I may try to get Beorns house at some point. I like it but it's not a must for me.

Yea, I am not sure I would plunk down $500+ for many other places. Only ones I might want now are Moria and Helms Deep(and probably another Orthanc unless I get the current one for a big discount)

My two favorite lines from Weta are the helms and the environments. I wouldn't be surprised to see the following large environments released or planned by Weta:

1. Minas Morgul (similar in size to Minas Tirith.)

2. The White Tree and Fountain with Fountain Guards.

I have a large list of other environments that I would love to have but my guess is that the two above are coming eventually.

As much as I'd like to see Minas Morgul redone larger, I have my doubts Weta will be doing that anytime soon if at all. I've been watching auctions on ebay on those when they come up. That's one I'd like to pick-up at some point.

I'm all about the helms and environments, selective on the figures.

As much as I'd like to see Minas Morgul redone larger, I have my doubts Weta will be doing that anytime soon if at all. I've been watching auctions on ebay on those when they come up. That's one I'd like to pick-up at some point.

I'm all about the helms and environments, selective on the figures.
They have dropped significantly the last year or so, with people probably anticipating a new one.

If they do that would be the first environment to get a redo. With a 8500 ed size that's a lot of people left with the older version, and it's not like MT is all "that big". Theres still more locations yet to be done that no one has. Not saying it won't happen...but I'm not holding my breath.

The original MT came with the RotK DVD set.

It contained the offer to pre-order Minas Morgul.

Never got it, isnt that a lot smaller though? That would almost warrant a larger rendition though.

I really want Minas Morgul but if there is a possibility that it'll get a bigger/better redo I'll wait ot out.

Yes, the two Minas cities are tiny and definitely warrant a larger environment. Since we got a larger Minas Tirith, we should definitely get a comparable sister city environment.

I know Weta isn't into adding effects in their collectibles but it would definitely be cool if Minas Morgul had that eerie green lighting effect added via LEDs.

Yes, the two Minas cities are tiny and definitely warrant a larger environment. Since we got a larger Minas Tirith, we should definitely get a comparable sister city environment.

I know Weta isn't into adding effects in their collectibles but it would definitely be cool if Minas Morgul had that eerie green lighting effect added via LEDs.

I want to do something like that with my Barad-Dur lava.

Mentally planning out my M.E. setup I thought about green lighting for Minas Morgul. If Weta could pull it off that'd be cool but my worry with most elections in statues is they go bad over time.

I'm thinking you meant "electronics" instead of "elections"... :wink1:

It depends on who is doing the electronics. I've got old toys and even the Danbury Mint Minas Tirith and Barad-Dur environments that still work great. If they do go bad, then it's just a standard environment. But I would like to have that option of being able to light it up.

I would love to see a re-issue of the Agornath. They could remove the boats with the fellowship to preserve the collectibility of the limited edition one?

I'm just being selfish because I was too daft to buy it when it first came out.

I hear ya. I thought $200 bucks was a ridiculous amount for the tiny "Prancing Pony" environment and cancelled my pre-order...

I've been kicking myself ever since.

Back