Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I was getting lost trying to keep straight what was "past" and what was "present." SO much Bernard in blinky rooms.

sooooo.. is everyone dead or dying/or smoke and mirrors?

Ford; it's all yours now.So in the midst of Bernards meltdown and time displacement post resurrection,is he King?

honestly had a hard time with this episode.I need another look.

I'm liking the show as the season progresses. Definitely intrugued with what Ford is up to and the endgame

WTF is up with these idiot security people?

I'm sorry, but that guy getting "seduced" by the sexy robot after she murdered half his coworkers was bad writing. Realistically, he would have blown her head apart before going within 20 feet of her. Pure silliness.

WTF is up with these idiot security people?

I'm sorry, but that guy getting "seduced" by the sexy robot after she murdered half his coworkers was bad writing. Realistically, he would have blown her head apart before going within 20 feet of her. Pure silliness.

I really love this show but that scene was just about the worst thing I've seen on a "quality" show. It's not even the violation of realism - which I can suspend - just the most basic primal logic. But really all the Delos security have been characterized as unqualified dumbasses so I guess it shouldn't be too offensive. But it still is somehow. :lol

I guess because I otherwise liked the episode a lot it stands out in sharper relief.

They're basically stormtroopers.

On occasion, unrealistically horny stormtroopers, apparently. :slap

I need another look.

Me too. I wonder, is Ford going to meltdown now that he's in a host, or is his presence in Bernard some kind of stripped down version? He said himself that he can only live in the cradle, which got destroyed.

Maybe his plan is to travel in Bernard knowing that he would be exposed and assimilated into the backup-cradle, or whatever Abernathy is carrying.

Yeah that part had me head-scratching too... Just had to turn off my brain for a few minutes for that scene to work out.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this episode.

Like JJ's other shows, this one will likely get so convoluted that it simply starts to degrade and get silly, writers writing themselves into corners where they finally have to just "do something inane" to get out of it (like the above referenced action to destroy the cradle).

Think the last two seasons of Alias and LOST.

Like JJ's other shows, this one will likely get so convoluted that it simply starts to degrade and get silly, writers writing themselves into corners where they finally have to just "do something inane" to get out of it (like the above referenced action to destroy the cradle).

Think the last two seasons of Alias and LOST.

I'm hoping it doesn't go that way. JJ isn't really actively writing on this isn't he? I have a little more faith in Jonathan Nolan than JJ Abrams.

I'm hoping it doesn't go that way. JJ isn't really actively writing on this isn't he? I have a little more faith in Jonathan Nolan than JJ Abrams.

No he's not writing, and JJ was long gone by the time his other two shows went ape-**** too. But its just "JJ style" to let this show go ape-****.

I have a love-hate thing with JJ. He's got some great ideas... but doesn't have the genuine inspirational creativity to truly finish them through in a satisfying way. That's why so many think fondly of him as a 'very talented hack'. Probably the King of talented hacks.

No he's not writing, and JJ was long gone by the time his other two shows went ape-**** too. But its just "JJ style" to let this show go ape-****.

I have a love-hate thing with JJ. He's got some great ideas... but doesn't have the genuine inspirational creativity to truly finish them through in a satisfying way. That's why so many think fondly of him as a 'very talented hack'. Probably the King of talented hacks.

I think that's deliberate on his part. He loves his "mystery boxes". :D

True... but eventually you do have to make sense of the mystery box.

I see so many parallels between Lost and Westworld.

Oh I definitely agree! The fact that someone else is actually writing for Westworld gives me hope that there will be some proper resolutions to the various story threads in West World unlike in Lost.

Not to downplay JJ, I do think he's a pretty good director/writer for shows that won't dive too deeply into their own mythology. His work in Mission Impossible and Star Trek have been pretty enjoyable.

I’m a big LOST fan and also honest about it’s flaws. I too see a lot of parallels here, some of them of the weaker variety.

What’s interesting is Lindelof went from LOST to The Leftovers, which had many Losty tropes but finished better than any show I’ve ever seen.

Back