Watchmen costumes by Rubies (uh... yuck)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oy vey.....in order TO have a fully functioning Rorshach mask, you would have to be Dr. Manhatten....so...in order to become Dr. M.....:duh

Rorschach isn't Dr. Manhatten and he has a fully functioning mask. :rolleyes:

Uh... I think what CelticP was joking about is that without Dr. Manhattan and his line of advanced fabrics, the technology to actually create a mask like Rorschach wears would not exist. In other words, Dr. Manhattan created the actual piece of fabric that Rorschach used to make his mask, which would otherwise be impossible to accomplish (moving ink blots that respond to mood). That's explained right there in the book (during Rorschach's backstory in Chapter 6).

So, if you want an actual, functional ink blot mask like Kovacs wears... you'll first need to find a god of matter who's also interested in inventing the advanced technology that would make it possible. :lecture

I suppose they're are a cut above the Ben Cooper costumes from the '70s, but my God these are an embarrassment.

I suppose they're are a cut above the Ben Cooper costumes from the '70s, but my God these are an embarrassment.

Actually, I would have been over the moon if they made 70/80's style Ben Cooper costumes (complete with the window-box packaging)... because those would fit in perfectly with the movie's timeline.

Actually, I would have been over the moon if they made 70/80's style Ben Cooper costumes (complete with the window-box packaging)... because those would fit in perfectly with the movie's timeline.

Excellent point!

The others might be hard to assemble out of "real" materials but anyone who buys the "official" Rorschach costume instead of an actual trenchcoat is just lazy. I don't know if it's Rubies, but some company sells a $40 Michael Myers "official" set of coveralls when the real deal can be had for about the same price. Or much cheaper at a thrift shop.

Excellent point!

The others might be hard to assemble out of "real" materials but anyone who buys the "official" Rorschach costume instead of an actual trenchcoat is just lazy. I don't know if it's Rubies, but some company sells a $40 Michael Myers "official" set of coveralls when the real deal can be had for about the same price. Or much cheaper at a thrift shop.

That's what I don't get... It's funny to me. Just go buy a cheap suit at a thrift shop, a trench, gloves and a hat... make your own mask.. voila.. WAAAY better Rorschach costume. Same with Michael Myers... just get some coveralls and dirty the things. The official set is even the wrong damn color! :lol

Back