Warning to all Hulk Fair weather poseur fans !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to chime in, got the Avengers Marvel Select Hulk from Diamond today, WOW. I was expecting an 8 inch figure and was quite surprised that he came in at 10 inches tall, bigger than I expected, and the articulation is great, paint nice, sculpt work pretty good, maybe a bit too defining of the muscles compared to the movie. Overally, a great figure for the collection based on the Avengers Hulk design, especially for the price. The only really flawed part would be the knee and hip joints, they retained typical articulation you find in the better Hulk figures, but, with the way the pants are on the movie Hulk, it didn't translate so well into an articulated figure.

This shows size comparison to the Hasbro I previously mentioned.

A3.jpg

You have to understand where Shai is coming from, though. He's been a proud Hulk fan for many years, probably most of his life (certainly the whole time he's been on SSF) and now people are going to start coming out of the woodwork as if they're huge Hulk fans too, simply because they're hooked on him from "Avengers". And many of these people will eventually drop Hulk and move on to the next big thing. I agree with him and others that it's genuinely annoying and people like that are indeed worthy of the poseur label.

You know I actually did roll my eyes a bit when I saw this thread as just another dopey Shai post but I guess I would think it was lame if Captain America turned out to be the most popular hero in the Avengers and this entire forum went Cap crazy with the sigs and avatars. So maybe I should thank the designers for that silly new cowl. :lol

Just wanted to chime in, got the Avengers Marvel Select Hulk from Diamond today, WOW. I was expecting an 8 inch figure and was quite surprised that he came in at 10 inches tall, bigger than I expected, and the articulation is great, paint nice, sculpt work pretty good, maybe a bit too defining of the muscles compared to the movie. Overally, a great figure for the collection based on the Avengers Hulk design, especially for the price. The only really flawed part would be the knee and hip joints, they retained typical articulation you find in the better Hulk figures, but, with the way the pants are on the movie Hulk, it didn't translate so well into an articulated figure.

This shows size comparison to the Hasbro I previously mentioned.

A3.jpg

Yep, I picked one up as well and I was quite impressed by it.

I found an official Marvel poll today about whether I would want to see a stand-alone Hulk movie. And as I have never really been a big Hulk fan, I decided to show respect for the real Hulk fans by not being a poseur. So I voted no.

:)

Call me what you will. I'm new to this forum simply because I started collecting HT recently. (I registered a while ago but didn't become active until this year) The Hulk has always been my favorite comic character since the mid-70s. I'm 42 and have been reading the comics off and on for years and watched the TV series when it originally aired! I hated the Hulk movies until the Avengers finally got him right! Hence my sig and avatar! :wink1:

the-incredible-hulk-smash.jpg

Well, Shai, I hand it to ya man. Glad ya stood up once again. Those lame enough to run with DC or SW sigs and mock this thread are part of that Poseur Club u r talkin bout.

I saved a kid at Toys-R-Us from being a poseur, last night. He was reaching for a Hulk figure and I told him he couldn't possibly be old enough to "rate" that figure and to forget about touching it.

His parents said some pretty unpleasant things to me...I wonder why they were so mad.

Back