Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me either. Never played the game, to me this is just a generic fantasy film.
Guess there was too much of good high fantasy released during past six years and the genre became generic...
Wait, what? Only six feature films and most of them were utter crap? Well, that's disappointing.

I'm not gonna try to change anyone's mind here.
The fact is this, unlike "Da Hobbot", has a lot of potential to be the next "Lord of the Rings".

Guess there was too much of good high fantasy released during past six years and the genre became generic...
Wait, what? Only six feature films and most of them were utter crap? Well, that's disappointing.

I'm not gonna try to change anyone's mind here.
The fact is that this, unlike "Da Hobbot", has a lot of potential to be the next "Lord of the Rings".

Never said there was a glut of fantasy. I'm just saying that since the source material is unfamiliar to me, that it is kind of generic. I'm sure Warcraft fans will eat this up. If its decent, I'll see it sooner or later.

If your point is that Warcraft looks like more utter crap in the generic fantasy genre then yes I agree, it does appear that that will be the case. Clash of the Titans 1 and 2, Conan (2011), Immortals, Gods of Eqypt or whatever and now this. I'm not saying that it will be crap but they certainly haven't presented it in a way that suggests it will be better than any of those films. The next "Lord of the Rings?" Yes I'm sure "Warcraft" will be front and center with next year's Best Picture nominations. :rotfl

If your point is that Warcraft looks like more utter crap in the generic fantasy genre then yes I agree, it does appear that that will be the case. Clash of the Titans 1 and 2, Conan (2011), Immortals, Gods of Eqypt or whatever and now this. I'm not saying that it will be crap but they certainly haven't presented it in a way that suggests it will be better than any of those films. The next "Lord of the Rings?" Yes I'm sure "Warcraft" will be front and center with next year's Best Picture nominations. :rotfl

:rotfl

He can dream, though!

Never said there was a glut of fantasy. I'm just saying that since the source material is unfamiliar to me, that it is kind of generic.
I can agree that many shots from trailers and spots look too "clean" and generic, yeah.
Cinematography could be better. :monkey2

But then there are awesome shots of Dark Portal opening, Lothar jumping on griffin, dwarf shooting a gun, battle magic and **** goin' down at the Spire of Karazhan (at least I assume that's it)... All of it is something I've never seen captured on film before, and I want to see these things on a big screen.

Can't be worse than the best parts of all three "Da Hobbot" movies combined by default.

I'm really getting sick of the dumb "blind leap off a cliff" cliche that we've seen in Thor, MOS, 300 Rise of an Empire, and now Warcraft. This is even the second time we've seen a character do it to land on some winged beast (after Jor-El in MOS.) So the fact that it's one of the big money shots in the trailer doesn't help.

Durotan in the latest trailer, specifically the scene where he's meeting Lothar "To save our people", looked beyond realistic. That's got to be some of the best CGI I have ever seen. Far superior to any of the garbage in The Hobbit.

Based on almost everything we've seen I'm really, really hyped for the film. I'm more interested in Warcraft lore now than I've ever been and I'm kinda shocked at how faithful/accurate the movie looks.

The CGI on the dwarf and Gul'dan looks pretty bad to me, but I imagine it will be improved on by the time the film comes out.

I'm really getting sick of the dumb "blind leap off a cliff" cliche that we've seen in Thor, MOS, 300 Rise of an Empire, and now Warcraft. This is even the second time we've seen a character do it to land on some winged beast (after Jor-El in MOS.) So the fact that it's one of the big money shots in the trailer doesn't help.
It looked pretty damn awesome in the trailer. :dunno

75uj758hd_zpst5owiqim.jpg

You know, I've never played the games, or had much interest in Warcraft, but I'm hella excited for this. It just...clicked with me, you know what I'm saying? Maybe it's because it's a bright, fantasy film with great designs, dunno. But I'm eagerly anticipating this one.

Not feeling Gul'Dan at all. The rest look great. Wish the orcs didn't have eyebrows though.

Is that Blackhand in the last image?

Back