WAR CRY TO SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want two - one for display as he was on the battlefield and a second for customising into as he was for his fight with Ramirez :maul

So two Utah - get me two!

If you guys really want to see your Kurgan figure you all should just pitch in and have Andy B. do a private commission for you. Then come up with some kind of contest to determine who gets the actual sculpt.

An interesting suggestion with but one fault.... The contest would have to be that we all gather in New York and find eachother, and chop eachothers heads off.

If there can be only one, there can really be only one.

SIDESHOW ANDY, DO YOU HEAR THE CRIES OF THOSE WHO WOULD MAKE YOU A GOD AMONG KINGS??!!!

MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN WILL GIVE ALL THIS TO YOU AND MORE!!!!!

yeah.
if there are say 50 guys here who would each pay $70 bucks to get a kurgan headsculpt and armor, I think it's posisble.
That's $3500, and a headsculpt is about $1000 or so (i think-not s ure)from a professional.
and the armor and all can be around $1500-$2000, and the rest can be used for the paint app and costume.
then you got yourself a MASSIVE commisison and everyone's happy and you'd pay just a little more than what youd pay for sideshow to have it done.

the only thing is the license issues: like "cease and desist" and those could be problems

sunohc said:
....the only thing is the license issues: like "cease and desist" and those could be problems
BAH! BUT SIDESHOW STILL HAS THE LICENSE TO HIGHLANDER, I BELIEVE. IT IS STILL WRITTEN ON THE FRONT GATES OF THEIR FORTRESS!!!!

pixletwin said:
An interesting suggestion with but one fault.... The contest would have to be that we all gather in New York and find eachother, and chop eachothers heads off.

If there can be only one, there can really be only one.

SIDESHOW ANDY, DO YOU HEAR THE CRIES OF THOSE WHO WOULD MAKE YOU A GOD AMONG KINGS??!!!

MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN WILL GIVE ALL THIS TO YOU AND MORE!!!!!
and although I know Andy is a very generous guy, if he had sculpted a head and have it produced without license(more than 25 pieces), then he's runs the risk of getting sued or something like so, and I;'m sure Sideshow wouldn't be too happy.....

but I do like the idea of such a commission.
the only problem is if people would be willingto shell out the extra cash, and I mean alot more to get such a thing done. And if it was, I wonder how many would be the limit before it's actually officially illegal

Khev said:
Does SS hold the license to Gladiator? Because Andy is currently working on a private 1/4 Maximus commission.
um, usually you can produce something if qualities are under 25 or if its a PRIvate commision in which he only gives the sculpt to the commissioner, and usually, he'd not show those pieces in his portfolio, but Andy is such a well-known establish sculptor, he could sculpt whatever he wants and still have companies chasing after his skills ;D

And Pixeltwin: even though sideshow has the license, ANDY himself does not.
So he cannot produce it unless it was FOR sideshow, and that's the thing about private commissions of licensed characters.
in a way they're illegal, but I've heard of quantity limits and stuff like that, so you never know :D

sunohc said:
....And Pixeltwin: even though sideshow has the license, ANDY himself does not.
So he cannot produce it unless it was FOR sideshow, and that's the thing about private commissions of licensed characters.
in a way they're illegal, but I've heard of quantity limits and stuff like that, so you never know :D
ANDY HAS INFLUENCE WITHIN SIDESHOW. IF HE COULD JOIN OUR CAUSE HE COULD AT LEAST GET AN AUDIENCE WITH THOSE UPON WHOM THE DECISION RESTS. THIS IS ALL I AM ASKING FOR.

that is correct :D :chew

maybe someone should send him a dvd to watch and see what he thinks hehehe nless he's already seen it

The trouble with this section is, I can't edit my initial post. Dave, please fix that.

Shai Hulud
DannieDarKo
Batty
lcummins
William Shatners Toupee
student_toe5
DarthShader
creecher
JSAuctionService
King Darkness
DarkArtist81
Galactic Boy
Lord Azrael
Herald Elrond
Witch King
Bannister
figuremaster LEs
Bodie the Cursed
Captain Aldeggon
Undertaker
pixeltwin
feedme
Mithrandier
paulcarson
Hardcase01
Stickman
Toe
Darklord Dave
Mr. Mirakle32
Awesome-O
PosterBoyKelly
occulum
Fubeca
sunohc
drbrad1975
screamingmetal
EVILFACE
gam
Buttmunch
Angry Orc
Anzik Hayes

up to post 90

My tenure at updating this thread was shortlived. Welcome back Creecher.

Gday Bannister the Brave. I thank you for taking on the updating duties. I am only back briefly. Things are chaotic downunder. Don't know how often I will be able to post. For the times I can and do have some time, I will try to make this thread my priority. Feel free to update at your own discretion.

another new home I see...I'm having movers feet syndrome.
SSC make it please..I will have your babies...or whatever genetic mutations you want to concox

The trouble with this section is, I can't edit my initial post. Dave, please fix that.

Shai Hulud
DannieDarKo
Batty
lcummins
William Shatners Toupee
student_toe5
DarthShader
creecher
JSAuctionService
King Darkness
DarkArtist81
Galactic Boy
Lord Azrael
Herald Elrond
Witch King
Bannister
figuremaster LEs
Bodie the Cursed
Captain Aldeggon
Undertaker
pixeltwin
feedme
Mithrandier
paulcarson
Hardcase01
Stickman
Toe
Darklord Dave
Mr. Mirakle32
Awesome-O
PosterBoyKelly
occulum
Fubeca
sunohc
drbrad1975
screamingmetal
EVILFACE
gam
Buttmunch
Angry Orc
Anzik Hayes

up to post 96

Dave still hasn't fixed that bug. HEY DAVE, CAN"T EDIT.

Just to add something to the topic of conversation. Just because you are a Krusader, it doesn't mean you will be automatically added to this list, like some Krusaders have. The reason for this is so that the thread gets bumped up. So don't all go replying to this thread and say you want one straight away. Wait till the thread drops a little then add your name and bump it right back up. As Slo Poke Rodriguez says "You got to have de braims."

It is November, and as our King has suggested, it is a time to give thanks.

I'd like to thank all the people that have added their name to this list, whether you be a die hard Kurganite, or an avid collector.

I'd also like to thank Dave for moving this thread to the Product/License Requests section. It means I can edit the list on page one as well, Thanks again Dave.

I was waiting for more collectors to add to the list. So a thank you to DD for being the latest Freak to step up to the plate.

Shai Hulud
DannieDarKo
Batty
lcummins
William Shatners Toupee
student_toe5
DarthShader
creecher
JSAuctionService
King Darkness
DarkArtist81
Galactic Boy