Wanted : DX02 Batman head - New mouth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Warrior

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope to get a custom Batman soon, or just a basic. No matter what it will be with a DX02 head sculpt.

I have an idea for a little dio where batman would require a "grimace ,angry,gritting teeth" look to him.
Thankfully the DX02 head has removable mouth portions so a full new head is not required.

I was wondering what (if possible) would it cost to get from a good sculptor to get a new angry looking mouth piece to fit into the head slot ?. Part needed is about the size of a thumb nail.
Obviously I do not have the figure yet so not able to send of any parts to help work from. Ideally I would need someone that have the figure already, I'd like to get this sorted ASAP so I can display. I cant paint either so someone that can do both is a huge plus for me.

If possible can members post their estimates please. I live in England so shipping needs to also be considered.

that is a great idea and i always asked myself why there hasn't been a person who have made some more mouth-pieces for him. with the exchangeable mouth-piece-function it would be a gread addition to have some more expressions. so hopefully through this thread an artist will take this idea and make us some more mouth-pieces :)

Glad I'm not the only one. :cuckoo:
While the stock faces are great for a "look at me I like Lycra" look I feel a more aggressive mouth will be more suited to a dynamic pose.

I see it as if someone has him already, they just need to cast a mouth and then sculpt on that. Then give it some fleshy paint (for me I also want some blood coming from corner of mouth for a battle look).

Glad to see more interest. Over at onesixth a member has suggested getting a cheap head with the required expression and then cut out the area needed. Then just need a paint to get in the correct tone.

Again for me atleast this would still be a job for someone else to do. But this method may turn out cheaper over all. Unless interest grows and making a custom mold becomes worth the hassle.

You all make me with I could sculpt and paint now. :gah:
There is definitely a market for them. Such a shame no one (sculptor/& painter) has come up to atleast offer an opinion and a "quote".

Well I have a custom Batman with DX02 head on his way. I may just have to try to make a "amateurs perspective" of the mouth to give a picture of what I personally am after.

Just needs a steady hand, an eye for detail with accuracy and a good lick of paint.
I'd imagine that you could make a "blank" and then get some sculptors putty (or what ever is best) and then add mouth expression and "emotion" to the cheeks. Seems like an item if done right could be sold on the cheap but at hi quantities due to the possibility they present.

Heads of actors in famous roles seem to be popular around the community as a whole. I don't see why such a big character (my favorite super hero) cant have a little attention.

Seems like this may be a lost cause. No one has posted anything in regards to doing it,how,costs or even area/person to ask.
All we have is a group of people that are like minded (thankfully I was not the only one) in the idea but unable to make.

Unsure where to go from here. It is something I would still like if done right and for the right price, I just don't see what else I can do.

I will bump this occasionally in the off-chance and I hope other followers do the same. :gah:

Seems like this may be a lost cause. No one has posted anything in regards to doing it,how,costs or even area/person to ask.
All we have is a group of people that are like minded (thankfully I was not the only one) in the idea but unable to make.

Unsure where to go from here. It is something I would still like if done right and for the right price, I just don't see what else I can do.

I will bump this occasionally in the off-chance and I hope other followers do the same. :gah:

it doesn't work that way that you wait until a sculptor comes here and shows interest in making that for us. anyone of us have to contact any sculptor here and ask him if he's interested in doing it.

not the sculptor wants something from us, we are the one who wants something from a sculptor :wink1:

Back