Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now it's back! hahahahaha

At Disneyland, they simply renamed the theater TOMORROWLAND THEATRE and said they were working on something new.

Thats crazy... My wife hates it..uses it for a nap.. lol I like it.. but i like most everything there. Most... Figment is awful.. I will still ride it though.

O
That's something I always had a problem with... is just how far in advance things get booked. You pretty much go there and discover new things that you wanna do, but too bad, it's already booked and there is absolutely NO way to let you in. Disappointment around every corner. And when one option isn't available, the next best thing is on the other side of property.

And with the fast passes, booking three at a time... you get two you want, one you don't. And you can't get another three until you use those up! So if you book three fast passes in advance and they're all for night time, you're pretty much stuck with three fast passes all day.

..hich is why I prefer the coziness and spontaneous nature of Disneyland. It has fewer dining options as a whole, but a whole lot more options because nothing is ever completely booked in that same way. Speaking of which, friday is Disneyland's official 60th anniversary. I'll be there... any special photo requests? No guarantees but I'll do my best.

For us we loved it the FP+! It made it so much more easy to plan our day and we had no problem with getting more FPs after we finished with our first three. The best advice is use your three in the morning giving you the ability to then go on to the next ones. We also liked that the park stayed open until 3 in the morning, some of the days we where there!

This weekend is the D23 Expo... anyone going? I'll be there.. there's going to be a Parks panel. I hope they're not just going to rehash news of Shanghai.

I read they may be revealing plans for Star Wars land at Disneyland and a marvel area at CA adventure.

Star Wars Land at both Disneyland and Disney World US. 16 acres at both locations.

Concept art
CMeT-igUAAAYXBu.jpg

Star Wars-Themed Lands Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts « Disney Parks Blog

That's 2 acres bigger than CarsLand which is HUGE!

The placement for Disneyland:

20287_10153103220498693_5811165844779021672_n.jpg

ToonTown is in the lower right corner, think of that for the scope.

The rumored placement for Walt Disney World:

11873551_10153103221163693_5964729122648658618_n.jpg

Also Space Mountain in Disneyland is getting a "Hyperspace Mountain" overlay during the Seasons of the Force timing (WDW is getting a SW themed Fireworks show)

11898549_10153103578473693_2013455744318674573_n.jpg

Also WDW is getting a Toy Story Land to fill out the area near Toy Story Mania:

CMe9RivU8AA4xi-.jpg

CMe9Rf6UkAADZRS.jpg

Rumored placement:

CMfCeuqWUAA_0kV.png

Alright a few things... Mickey's Toon Town at Disneyland is NOT going anywhere. Any rumor of Star Wars Land replacing that is false. I have heard from many in the know, they're not closing Toon Town. I thought it would take over Tomorrowland, but that's not likely either. It probably will replace Big Thunder Ranch and that trail between Frontierland and Fantasyland.. and the areas that would be effected by the fireworks will become show-buildings so it will be enclosed in that part of the land.

Right now Toon Town closes at 8pm nightly for the fireworks. That is a concern and something they don't want to do for Star Wars land.

Here's all that's coming to both Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios:

This year:
-new destination for Star Tours from Ep7
-Star Wars Launch Bay. Characters, exhibits, props, displays, etc on all star wars properties.
-Jedi Training Academy will get updated effects and a new villain.

2016:
-Star Wars Season of the Force, much like Star Wars Weekends, it will be a limited time offering of food and drink, shopping, characters.

Disneyland:
-Upstairs of Star Wars Launch Bay will be a Marvel Headquarters where guests can pose with Thor and Captain America and explore Stark Industries Iron Man Tech.(this isn't new, just refreshed)
-Tomorrowland Theatre will host a preview of The Force Awakens

-During Season of the Force, Space Mountain becomes Hyperspace Mountain where you'll fly with a squadron of X-Wings.
-Luigi's new ride in Cars Land will also show up in 2016.
-Soarin' Over the World in California Adventure

Beyond:
-Star Wars Land, Disneyland

WDW
-Instead of Hyperspace Mountain, Hollywood Studios gets a night time Star Wars Fireworks display.
-Frozen ride in Epcot and expanded Norway pavilion area with meet & greets
-Soarin' over the World in Epcot

Future
-Pandora - The World of AVATAR - Animal Kingdom (2017ish)
-River of Light nighttime show - Animal Kingdom (2017ish)
-Toy Story Land - Hollywood Studios
-Star Wars Land - Hollywood Studios

Glad that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom is getting the most help for WDW. They definitely need it.

More than likely the fireworks display for Star Wars at WDW will be at the same pavilion where Fantasmic currently is. I really hope they take that opportunity to try and recreate the ending of ROTJ where the death star 2 explodes.

Looking at the location where the new Star Wars Land will go, I have no issues losing any of those attractions, except for maybe the back lot tour. Even though it is a bit dull, I always liked seeing the movie props.

More than likely the fireworks display for Star Wars at WDW will be at the same pavilion where Fantasmic currently is. I really hope they take that opportunity to try and recreate the ending of ROTJ where the death star 2 explodes.

Looking at the location where the new Star Wars Land will go, I have no issues losing any of those attractions, except for maybe the back lot tour. Even though it is a bit dull, I always liked seeing the movie props.

Fantasmic! remains where it is and the fireworks will be a standard Fireworks display. This year they had a Frozen Fireworks spectacular at the Hollywood Studios so i think the show will be similar to that but with different music.

Thought I'd post a few goodies I got from D23 Expo that are theme park related.

Mr. Toad plush
08162915d23_0449.jpg

08162915d23_0450.jpg

08162915d23_0452.jpg

And the newest Trader Sam's Mug... not sure how limited it is but it has a date on it.
08162915d23_0465.jpg

08162915d23_0466.jpg

08162915d23_0467.jpg

Only problem with upgrading Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom is they'll become full day parks as well lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back